Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Ohio State Match

Is there a way to see squadding now? The online squadding system says match is locked and doesn't show squad lists. But I forgot what time and squad I signed up for. :D

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there a squad list and squad matrix so we know what stage we start on?

it was mentioned a few posts back. If you squad is 300 you start at Chrono...301 Stage One...etcetera etcetera...You'll start Stage 9, I'll be on 10.

I loved the chrono "stage winners" and "oops" last year. I think I saw a 200+ PF when we came through. That shooter was serious.

We had a 216 PF revolver shooter a few years back.

Ouch!!!

I had a 165.8 at A6 a few years back. Took my 8th round being shot to make it.

I had plenty to spare as I only needed a 165.

Is there a squad list and squad matrix so we know what stage we start on?

I'll make sure you find the right stage to start at, just follow me in the golf cart.

Make sure Jake walks

Trust me, there's no way possible we could both fit on it.

I loved the chrono "stage winners" and "oops" last year. I think I saw a 200+ PF when we came through. That shooter was serious.

Ouch!!!

Area 3 a couple of years agoI went 165.0.... I do not believe in wasting powder

I dont even know my squad number, still locked on USPSA

IIRC, your labels should have your squad number on them when you register.

Would be nice to know your squad number now. Knowing which stage you start on can be nice for planning purposes.

Guys I hear you on the squadding issue. I have asked stats to put it back up. I am unclear on why it is not there. I will fix it somehow.

I emailed the matrix (schedule) to all shooters. Let me know if you did not get it. I am getting a ton of bounce backs. Probably due to poorly written email addresses when I entered them. Printing clearly is more important than many give it credit for.

Ouch!!!

Area 3 a couple of years agoI went 165.0.... I do not believe in wasting powder

I was 165.0 at the Ohio State match last year. I made it on my last bullet.

My wife is wondering about what time I'll be finishing up Sat in order to make some Holiday family plans. Any idea when shooting will be finishing up? Don't need anything more than ballpark.

thanks

Shayne

My wife is wondering about what time I'll be finishing up Sat in order to make some Holiday family plans. Any idea when shooting will be finishing up? Don't need anything more than ballpark.

thanks

Shayne

Slightly after the sun goes down.....

:-)

BC

My last stage at '12 was at 5:45. But that was staff day. If I remember last shot sat was about 700. Hope that helps. There were a few backups due to some stage design, does not look like that should happen this year.

thanks

Shayne

I remember our crew in 2012 finishing around 4 or 4:30 on Saturday.

Stages are set for 40 minutes each.

I do not remeber the size of the squads

So you have travel time between stages, getting score sheets and then 5 minute walk thur, leaves you about 30 minutes a stage, if the squads are limited to 10, leaves 3 minutes per shooter to make ready, shoot and reset the stage

No back ups, no reshoots, broken props or waiting for rm calls on a stage, last stage is supposed to start at 4:20, should be done by 5:00

Stages are set for 40 minutes each.

I do not remeber the size of the squads

So you have travel time between stages, getting score sheets and then 5 minute walk thur, leaves you about 30 minutes a stage, if the squads are limited to 10, leaves 3 minutes per shooter to make ready, shoot and reset the stage

No back ups, no reshoots, broken props or waiting for rm calls on a stage, last stage is supposed to start at 4:20, should be done by 5:00

Well....THAT would be perfect! lol

If your emails were correct on your apps---I believe you should have been emailed the current squads and matrix with starting positions. The squad list should have been in PDF.

This is Kevin's first State Match and his stats person is a rookie--so bear with us. Thanks! :)

Note to self: Next time don't ask for email addresses on the app. Tell shooters to email me to be put on the mailing list. Too much guesswork caused communication problems.

Note to self: Next time don't ask for email addresses on the app. Tell shooters to email me to be put on the mailing list. Too much guesswork caused communication problem

By the way Thanks to you and Larry for doing alot of behind the scenes work on squadding and matrix etc, alot of hardwork goes into the planning and the flow of a match that many people do not understand.

It is not just about setting up stages

Thanks for sending out the squad list and the matrix.

As far as range layout does it start with stage 1 at the bottom of the hill and work its way up, then back down to the far back bays and then down the long rifle range as before?

Hang in there, all the last year efforts are about ready to pay off and you get to drive around watching everyone enjoying the match