Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Saturday or Sunday Match

Babaganoosh

I've been shooting USPSA for a little over a year now. Steel matches too. All of the matches are on a Sunday. Seemed normal to me. One club in my state shoots on Saturdays and I made the trek one day. It's almost 2 hours away vs the other clubs being 30 minutes away.

Turns out I really liked shooting Saturday. At first I felt rushed to get my stuff together but it was really nice to shoot Saturday and then have another day off before going back to work. Especially since matches run as late as 5 due to lots of shooters.

What day do you guys shoot? Have a preference?

all the same to me. we typically ride dirtbikes the other day, which takes 10x the amount of effort to prepare for and clean up after, so shooting a pistol match seems like a day off to me.

if i shoot saturday, we can lounge, pack up , go camp saturday night, ride all day sunday, get home late, and have a busy monday (and shoot again monday night).

If i shoot sunday we can hustle home from work, packup, go camp friday night, ride all day saturday, come home late, and have a relaxing sunday with only a pistol match to worry about.

6 of a half-dozen, one of another.

If I shoot Saturday, I can go home, enjoy several of my favorite adult beverages, and look forward to a lazy morning drinking coffee with my wife and my pup the next day. That plan doesn't work nearly so well for Sunday matches.

If I shoot Saturday, I can go home, enjoy several of my favorite adult beverages, and look forward to a lazy morning drinking coffee with my wife and my pup the next day. That plan doesn't work nearly so well for Sunday matches.

That's exactly why I really enjoyed the Saturday match. After I get home from a match on Sunday next thing you know it, it's time for bed an work the next day. After I got home from the Saturday match I was like... "Wow, I have a whole 'nother day to do what I want"

Both of the clubs I shoot at are very busy other days so I never see it changing, plus I really don't mind. Was just curious as to what others thought.

Saturday. All the club matches are on Saturdays outside of the 3 gun match. I remember when all they had was ISPC matches and it was 3 stages Saturday and Sunday and most people shot 2 guns and some even shot 3 or 4, 2 guns both days.

I'd prefer Saturday so I can go to church on Sundays and relax all day.

Me too. I shoot both but Saturday's are a better balance for the family. However, in the winter, I'll shoot a match anytime I can if the weather is good.