Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 custom work

glknineteen

I have a Les Baer Premier II that is basically bone stock. I want some work done, and was wondering who you all would go with? I just want a list of names that I can research into, although any pics of examples of their work would also be appreciated.

The work will include:

Exterior dehorning

New sights installed

High cut on the trigger guard

Possibly other non essential "cool mods" if I can afford them too

Refinish

Who would you recommend?

Any other mods that I just have to have?

John Harrison, Chuck Rogers, SACS, Jeremy Reid, Alchemy, Business End Customs, Matt Cheely, Bob Rodgers, Drake Oldham, Ned Christiansen, Heirloom, Dave Erickson, Chris James, Don Williams, CT Brian, Greg Derr.

That should be enough names to start looking.

And BTW, to my knowledge, all Ionbond finishes are done by the physical company, Ionbond Inc., throughout the US. I have a Harrison SA EMP in Ionbond, absolutely awesome finish.

Heck, if it were me, I'd just slap on a FO sight and magwell, maybe adjust the sear spring a little, and run it just the way it is. When the finish got really ugly, I'd sent it off for hard chrome.

You already have a nice custom gun. Might as well spend your hard-earned money on primers and bullets! :D

Heck, if it were me, I'd just slap on a FO sight and magwell, maybe adjust the sear spring a little, and run it just the way it is. When the finish got really ugly, I'd sent it off for hard chrome.

You already have a nice custom gun. Might as well spend your hard-earned money on primers and bullets! :D

+1

That is what I have done with my single stack. I am just spending money now to feed it. Any money I put into a gun now will be going toward a limited gun.

The problem is, I'm going to have to send it somewhere just for the sights, because the front is pinned and welded. At tsar point, I have other stuff that I've wanted to get done, so I figured why not?

Springer did superb work on my 1911 he performed a trigger job and fitted new Dawson sights as well as the ion bond finish. The sights hit to poa and the trigger is an excellent 2 3/4 lbs. the ion bond finish took awhile to get back but it wears great.. I'm sure all the other gunsmiths would also do very nice work as well

+2 what Carmoney said...especially if you can find someone to do the front sight for you if you aren't comfy doing that. Magwell is easy swap. But since you asked, my two choices would be Tripp or Cheely since they have done work for me and I have been more than pleased.

Ditto............. :cheers:

Edited by Raymond in Houma