Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Range bag

gator11

Hi everyone, need some help with my range bag purchase. Just joined the local outdoor range and need something to carry everything safely. I live in Florida so I would like something to keep the dust and rain away. Would also like it to carry 4-5 pistols in different compartments. Don't currently reload but think I will be in the near future so maybe something to put brass in also. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You might want to see what you want to carry in it. I have Shooters C. bag and when loaded full it weights more than I want to carry. Also have several other smaller bags.

One of the nice features of the Shooters Connection bag is the removable inner bag. Leave the larger bag with everything you will ever need at the range in the car, and take the inner bag with only the essentials from bay to bay.

I've got the Shooter's Connection bag also. If you want to put in 4 or 5 guns, ammunition, assorted tools....you might want to think about something with wheels. Depending on the surface of your range, bigger wheels are better, especially if you're around sand or rocks.

Am I just a cheap sucker or am I really showing as a NEWB? I really love my range bags from ol Larry Potterfield at Midway USA...very well priced too. Is the Shooters Connection bag that much better (all I can see is the liner being different).

Am I just a cheap sucker or am I really showing as a NEWB? I really love my range bags from ol Larry Potterfield at Midway USA...very well priced too. Is the Shooters Connection bag that much better (all I can see is the liner being different).

I have both bags...the Shooter's Connection bag really is made with better materials, carry strap, brass bag...the only comparison is in the style.

I've been dragging around the big midway bag for about 3 years now , and it has about as many extra stitches as Frankenstein , I'm lucky I haven't lost anything of value through the tears that have occurred . The midway bags is a cheap knock off , and should come with a sewing kit.

Ok, good to know. When I started shooting, I got 2 of the Midway bags, one Lg one Med and have used them interchangeably dependent on how much crap I wanted to lug. Maybe I've been lucky with materials and by "rotating" bags. Will keep my eyes open for the SC bag when replacement time comes up. Thanks.

I started with the Midway bag. Then I actually got to see and touch a Shooter's Connection bag. No comparison. My midway bag is still servicable and I carry my cleats, spare parts, knee pads and tools, etc in it. But the SC bag is more like luggage. Very rigid and stout. Great bag.

Yes I take two bags to every match and yes some guys make fun of me for it. The midway stays in the truck and the SC goes on the Eckla.cheers.gif

I started with the Midway bag. Then I actually got to see and touch a Shooter's Connection bag. No comparison. My midway bag is still servicable and I carry my cleats, spare parts, knee pads and tools, etc in it. But the SC bag is more like luggage. Very rigid and stout. Great bag.

Yes I take two bags to every match and yes some guys make fun of me for it. The midway stays in the truck and the SC goes on the Eckla.cheers.gif

I was at the local fruit market and they have little metal wagons with wheel barrow tires on them. I thought hrmm I could carry my range bag, tool kit, Rifle and shotgun bag/case if I shoot 3 gun and a chair. I still need to get me a SC bag. It's on my list of NEEDS.

I use the CED backpac. Much easier to carry 300 or 400 rounds at the majors. Enough room for rainwear, back up gun, spair parts, 2 sets of mags, the junk I don't seem to need, but the day I don't have it I will so....I do. :cheers:

Edited by a matt

I've been dragging around the big midway bag for about 3 years now , and it has about as many extra stitches as Frankenstein , I'm lucky I haven't lost anything of value through the tears that have occurred . The midway bags is a cheap knock off , and should come with a sewing kit.

My midway bag is also taking a dump on me...

I have a Glock 4 pistol range bag, works fine very reasonably priced.

The Glock bag is very good choice, I used one for a number of years. Last year I bought one of the CED Professional bags and have switch to it exclusively for use at matches. I still use the Glock bag for plinking trips to the range. Either one is a good choice but I would side with the CED bag due to it being just a bit larger.

I have a couple of the Midway bags and was disappointed in the construction. Material is thinner than that on the Glock or CED bags and the construction does not appear to be as strong.

Edited by retarmyaviator

This is something that seems to come up on a regular basis. If you do a bit of searching you'll find several dozen threads on it. So, all I'll say is that as far as I am concerned, a decent general purpose backpack is often the best choice. Simple, flexible, durable.

Maxpedition and Eagle makes good packs. And the CamelBak's can be pretty good as well, particularly the military packs.

The Shooter's Connection bags seem to be the best built. When I first started shooting USPSA everyone had a Dillon bag. Does anyone own one of Dillon's new bigger bags to do a review?

Does anyone own one of Dillon's new bigger bags to do a review?

Personally still use a "Green Mountain" bag, in part due to the lifetime warranty but

a friend who shoots markedly more than I do hs the Dillon "modular" style with the

current MilSpec type web ladders. He's not happy with it at all, yet will probably use

it until it fails in tatters ! A major problem is the outside pockets really pull on &

distort the body of the main bag if there is any weight in them at all. Appears as if

it's "Over" Wide & therefor almost to bulky to Mule around or get thru doorways

without cursing....

Hello: I have the Shooters Connection Ultra bag and 2 Pro Tournament bags. They are great :cheers: If you don't need a large bag the Ultra bag is the perfect size. If you need a little more room the Pro bag is the way to go. If you are shooting Steel matches or local matches the inner/stage bag works well. All the bags are built to last and well thought out. Thanks, Eric