Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite 9mm Powder

SouthernYeti

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am managing an average of 5'' to 6'' groups from a rest at 25 yards with TiteGroup.

Have you played around with that load at all? With good bullets, Titegroup is very capable of producing much better accuracy than what you are obtaining.

When I used to shoot 147gr bullets I had really good results (accuracy-wise) by loading with 3.6gr of Solo 1000 but, when I switched to 124gr bullets, the accuracy was not as good and that is when I began using Titegroup. I also played around with VV N320 but the accuracy was never as good as what I can achieve with TG.

Yes, I have tried charges from 4.0gr and 4.6gr for a 115gr bullet. I have also experimented with different OALs and crimps. I will get slightly better results with certain powder and OAL combos, but nothing dramatic. The only thing I don't have a lot of data on is bullets. I have only been using Rainier 115gr RN. I hope that when I change the bullet I will get better results.

W231 with Precision Delta 124 gr FMJs. Tha combination works well in the pistols I use for USPSA and my subguns.

I previous loaded 9mm on a 550B and now a 650, I don't like making changes in the tool head settings so once I find something that works well for me I stick with it.

IMR SR 7625 4.6 grains with 124 grain MG CMJ AOL 1.150 (XDM 9mm). (1.135 AOL in a Glock 17) Power Factor 130ish in both guns. N320 4.2 grains chronos better. N320 is cleaner and cooler! I like them both!

N320 here, as well.

Meters incredibly well (I once weighed throws down to an empty measure - all within a tenth of what was set down to the very last partial charge thrown as the measure emptied out); very, very clean; accurate as far as I can test it, and while pricey, it's only a fraction of a cent more per round loaded.

The main issue is availability. I've gotten around that by buying when I can, and in bulk. I have, ah, an ample supply on hand... :rolleyes:

N320 here, as well.

Meters incredibly well (I once weighed throws down to an empty measure - all within a tenth of what was set down to the very last partial charge thrown as the measure emptied out); very, very clean; accurate as far as I can test it, and while pricey, it's only a fraction of a cent more per round loaded.

The main issue is availability. I've gotten around that by buying when I can, and in bulk. I have, ah, an ample supply on hand... :rolleyes:

So you're saying YOU'RE the problem with availability. :P

I use Universal. It's recommended by Precision for their moly coated bullets. I stayed with it and loaded Rainier plated and Bear Creek moly as well. According to Hodgedon data it only makes PF reliably (with lead or moly) with a 124 grain bullet so that's all I've loaded.