Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2004 USPSA Pistol Nationals

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nik,

I guess I'll be ok as long as there's no refrigerators involved! Reload after 10? Oh hell no. I'm only planning on about 8 reloads for the match and 4 are on one stage.

Chriss,

If there's refrigerators, I promise to teach you my patented "knock 'em down so I can see the targets easier" technique....

I'm on squad 34 and have never heard of any of these people? Be my luck they will all be shooting Production D Class or something silly like revolver. oh well it's only nationals.  ;)

You know at least 2 of them Chriss! John Golson is Singlestack and Cy Pritchard is CHP5

Doh! I was staring at SS name, and racking my brain, because it seemed so familiar........

....... maybe if it had read John T.-W. Golson, I would have connected the dots sooner.... :lol::lol:

Last time I went to Nats. Ended up shooting with Pat and the boys from up north. Walked around saying good stage ehh? for a month afterwards. I didn't put John and SS together. Never met CHP5. Should be a good match. Hell a week on the range is better than a week at work any day. Looks like I get half of my reloads out of the way with the first stage. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'll post my best guesses for the winners, TGO in Limited, Max Michel in Open (I think it's his year to beat Eric)... The ladies are too close to call, it could go to Athena, Linda or Julie this year..

Just my best guesses, although I won the whole match last night, then the bloody alarm clock went off.... I'm so depressed.. :unsure:

The stages have a lot of 'stop-n-shoot', not many opportunities to shoot on the move, the places where you can shoot and move have some nasty little traps if your not careful. I think it's an accuracy based match again, just like last year. There will be shooters who get faster times than the Super Squad but because of the tight angles on some targets there will be a lot of shooters walking off the berm with dropped points into double digits...

we're here(warlock and filthy1 aswell) at our first Nat's and it's amazing. The range is massive and the stages look great. We haven't met any new BE'ers but we ran into a few old friends. We start on the popper stages tomorow morning.

we're off to the shooters meeting now. later

What a range.

Lots of stages stuck two or three on the same bay. Sweet. Nothing like saying that a range HAD to have 24 bays to host a 24-stage match and then seeing three stages on the same bay at the "prefered" Nationals venue. Sigh.

Nice steep gravel-covered paths between rows of ranges. Steep enough that folks could fall and break their ankle.

Like...Liota did today.

Sigh.

Alex

I'll post my best guesses for the winners, TGO in Limited, Max Michel in Open (I think it's his year to beat Eric)... The ladies are too close to call, it could go to Athena, Linda or Julie this year..

Agree Max in Open. Limited is going to be a fun race that I can't choose a clear winner. I heard someone say that TGO was shootin L10. Cannot verify right now. Julie is shooting production. Believe the ladies open race will come down to Kay & Athena.