Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2004 USPSA Pistol Nationals

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to all kick into the hat and get the Jakemeister a gun that works. ;) I don't mind Sevigny winning, I'd just like to see him earn it. (Same sentiment goes for that Mink feller.)

==================================================

Thanks to everyone for the real-time match updates. Hopefully, I'll earn my right to shoot there soon. Until then, this really makes me feel included in the journey.

:)

I'm not sure I understand this comment as to Dave Sevigny "earning" his win. He did and always has earned his wins with hard work and determination. As far as the other competitor's equipment not being capable of competing in a national event, that's part of the competition, having equipment up to the task (he wasn't shooting a Glock was he?). Saying that Sevigny didn't earn his win is like saying Rob Leatham didn't earn his win.

rmills, et. al,

I'm just joking around. I'm referring to the 11% (I think) margin between Dave S. and #2. That's a pretty huge margin. I don't know Dave Sevigny from a hole in the ground, and don't spite him in any way for his success. He really is TGO of Production division. In fact, I would argue that Production division would probably be a flash in the pan if not for the level of competitiveness that Sevigny has brought to it.

That said, I'm still rooting for Team BE.

:)

This was probably the best run match I have attended. I call the people who run the Nationals, "Master Class Range Officers" and they showed it. We were done early every day, NO arbitrations and 99.44% pure staff :lol: . I really commend their work. Great job shooters too.

What a long week.

I was hoping not to get caught by another competitor who knew me at the 'live fire' range with 2 new guns, brand new sights, and a couple of dremels, but it happened. I call it 'ingenuity'.

Production was a tough fight, Dave shot a strong match, and never coasted. All the other guys put up some good numbers. I sucked Mon-Thu, then shot like a madman Friday, clawing my way back to 6th. Looks like I need to practice swingers and windmills, that's where most of my 13 or so penalties came from.

Oh well, it was fun and I learned a lot. ;)

Highlights for me after working nats for the first time:

Seeing Patrick Sweeney from my home club win the shoot-offs in revolver...Apparently Jerry M. is not a machine!!!!

Getting to do the commentary on Flex's "syncronized draw routine" in the safe area with his teammate on stage 13.

Meeting all my fellow BE'ers and enjoy their conversation.

Realizing how much there is to do when trying to pull off a match of this magnitude.

Working with "the best of the best", as was evidenced by the lack of arbs and the VERY friendlt staff. No range gods in this bunch!!!

Getting to meet so many people in the shooting community.

Jeff

rmills, et. al,

I'm just joking around. I'm referring to the 11% (I think) margin between Dave S. and #2. That's a pretty huge margin. I don't know Dave Sevigny from a hole in the ground, and don't spite him in any way for his success. He really is TGO of Production division. In fact, I would argue that Production division would probably be a flash in the pan if not for the level of competitiveness that Sevigny has brought to it.

Well said.

BTW - Dave shoots many of our local matches in the Atlanta area. He is extremely nice, modest and friendly. If you didn't know who he was, you would never know that he's the US and World champion.

rmills, et. al,

I'm just joking around.  I'm referring to the 11% (I think) margin between Dave S. and #2.  That's a pretty huge margin.  I don't know Dave Sevigny from a hole in the ground, and don't spite him in any way for his success.  He really is TGO of Production division.  In fact, I would argue that Production division would probably be a flash in the pan if not for the level of competitiveness that Sevigny has brought to it. 

Well said.

BTW - Dave shoots many of our local matches in the Atlanta area. He is extremely nice, modest and friendly. If you didn't know who he was, you would never know that he's the US and World champion.

Seconded. My favorite observation of Dave is that I've NEVER seen a hint of swagger in the guy. He is actually humble about his accomplishments. A true class act.

But he's human enough to be pissed about the way TSA abused his luggage in the St. Louis airport today. I don't think they even opened Julie's.

Well I got home Saturday morning about 1:00 AM it is a 7 1/2 hr drive for me back to TN.

I shot on squad 13, we originally had 13 squad members, and the shooting started on the 13th !!!!

1st stage..... stage 16 (the stage everyone hated) our second shooter gets a reshoot for range failure. the shooter right before me gets a reshoot for range failure(same steel) he then gets another on the same steel, it works but the range staff decide to change that one out (30 minute break) all the while it was ole Hopalong the next shooter.... this ended up being not too bad a stage for me as I only ended up with 2 misses for it :-(

The out come for the day squad 13.... 5 reshoots, 1 change of range equipment.

Now the good stuff,

Shannon Smith AKA SmittyFL was one of my squad mates as was some of his homeboys (Hey Jim, Keith) and he shot one HELL OV A MATCH !!!!!!

He shot his game, no mistakes and don't try anything stupid and it worked out, WAY TO GO SHANNON !!!!!!!!

I had a very funny match myself I had 2 good days 1 1/2 ok days and 1 1/2 bad days, never looked at any posted results until the last day after the finals were up and was pleasantly surprised with 6th overall revolver and 70 % of Jerry M.

I was sure what I shot was not that good as I know 1 1/2 days was not anything near what I was capable of, so that does give inspiration to keep going as I have only been shooting revolver for 8 1/2 months now.

thread drift/ delivered a gun to Memphis today and they were shooting and just happend to have the "shootin Iron" with me, classifier was bang and clang

shot it in 2.83 down 1 HF was in the 10s

I did not get to watch any other shooters in the match besides our Smitty guving the daily lessons but our squad did end up doing pretty good as a squad goes.

SHannon Smith Limited GM 8th overall

Gary Allen L-10 3rd B (Gary is from Detroit)

Sam Keen revolver B 6th overall

Chad Lofton Limited M 24th overall (this is cjl32 on the forums)

He like me, also was not satisfied with his performance and was also suprised with his 24th overall and 7th M. :huh:

our 2 Hawiians also shot impressively and were very fun to have on our squad.

In closing I am proud to have shot with the guys on squad 13, these guys are a class act and will gladly shoot with any of them again, guys the pleasure was mine to meet you.

As for the Format IMHO...... IT SUCKED

but oppinions are like noses and butts, everyone has one and some of them smell !!!!!

Hopalong

Oh yeah, it looks to me that USPSA does not care about any other divisions aside from Limited and Open..... just look at who (numbers) got to go to the shoot offs... its not like we were pressed for time on Saturday.

(4 L- 10 8 production and 4 revolvers and ONLY 2 Lady production shooters)???????? USPSA is ya'lls orginization tell your area reps and drop USPSA some E-mails

Edited by hopalong

Thanks for the kind words Sam. You shot a great match yourself. I'm sure you would have rather been on the revo squad so you didn't have to invent how to shoot every stage yourself, but I certainly enjoyed having you with us.

I was fortunate to be first up on stage 16 our first stage of the match. Normally I wouldn't be happy about firing the first round at the nationals but after seeing all the trouble we had with the stage, I'm glad I got through it and didn't have to wait as long as some.

The match went well, I thought the staff and RO's were excellent. I don't think anyone on our squad or anyone else I heard about for that matter had any problems with any RO's.

Got to meet a bunch of BE'ers, it's nice to put faces with names. (although I didn't know hopalong was hopalong untill I think day two or so, I should have figured that one out :-)

All of our squad mates were geat and we had a heck of a week. It was my first nationals and I sure hope to make it back.