Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2004 USPSA Pistol Nationals

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You missed the "fire three, reload, fire three" (repeat FOUR TIMES) stage.

And all the little "six poppers and only six poppers" stages.

Cute. Like a real match, only with lots of little bitty stages as padding between bunch of nifty stages.

Alex

How'd we manage a 27 round fixed time standards? Both the old and new rules seem to limit standards to 24 round affairs......

I'm jazzed by what I saw --- and not too worried about the reloads. Fewer windmills = a good thing!

How cool! This will be my first time going to the big-show. The stages look great. If I can only resist the urge to try to shoot beyond myself and my abilities, I'll have a great time.

Where else can I get a weeks worth of shooting, and 24 stages, and be a GUEST for a change?

Sounds like heaven to me..... :D:rolleyes::D

A couple of points of interest:

1) Even though there are no targets shown on the Surefire Dark House, it is NOT a surprise stage. We just don't know exactly where we are going to put them yet. All competitors get a stage briefing and are allowed to walk the stage through prior to shooting it (with the lights on, IIRC). There are no steel targets in the house, only paper.

2) You will be issued a SureFire flashlight to shoot this stage. They sponsor the house and provide the flashlights.

There will be a general shooters meeting on Sunday night (7 PM) at the OLCC--the convention center near the Holiday Inn. We'll provide information about the stages and other important items, so it's a good idea to attend. You will have the opportunity to ask questions about the match at this meeting, and we'll review important rule changes if the new rules are in effect at the time.

Troy McManus

Will you also supply dental dams, or is that something that the shooter needs to supply? :o

Unless I read it wrong, the course requires you to start with the flashlight lanyard around your wrist. I suppose you could take the time to move it to your mouth...

Dental dams are not part of the kit for this stage--other uses are up to the individual. :ph34r:

Troy

Heh... who'da thunk you'd need that for IPSC. ;) Thanx, Troy.

I will say that you'll probably want to write the start position description that way... as if I read "on your wrist," I'd set the thing on my wrist and at the start signal, grab it, turn it on, and throw it in my mouth.

I just can't wait to chase 600 shooters 'up the stairs!!!' Woo hoo, what a blast... :wacko::wacko:

Seriously... looks like a great, and challenging stage, and I can't wait to run everyone through it.... ;)

ps. if I was allowed to coach, I would suggest you invest in a Stairclimber, but you didn't hear that from me, okay?? :lol::lol::lol:

I just can't wait to chase 600 shooters 'up the stairs!!!' Woo hoo, what a blast... :wacko::wacko:

Seriously... looks like a great, and challenging stage, and I can't wait to run everyone through it.... ;)

ps. if I was allowed to coach, I would suggest you invest in a Stairclimber, but you didn't hear that from me, okay?? :lol::lol::lol:

Brian,

We'll only have to run the stairs on the clock once --- assuming you have a pair of assistants, you'll have to do it 200 times.......

I'm predicting you drop five pounds that week.... :lol::lol:

Maybe a massage?

We'll only have to run the stairs on the clock once --- assuming you have a pair of assistants, you'll have to do it 200 times.......

I'm predicting you drop five pounds that week.... :lol:  :lol:

Maybe a massage?

True.... and Mrs. BDH doesn't seem to have much sympathy either! :lol::lol:

As for the massage.... I am ALL about that. Maybe when Mrs. BDH is running scoresheets between stages YOU could suggest that to her... :P