Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Glock Magwell

shooter995

Can you use the SJC magwell if you don't have an extension on your magazines? (If you are using standard 17 round 9 mm mags?)

Seiichi

If you're running open/limited, why would you run without mag extensions?

+8 for the SJC.

I had a Glockworx ZEV for a while as well. I really liked that there were many different weight configurations and finishes to choose from. The one I received was a great quality piece.

If I ever put one back on any of my glocks that's the first one I'll consider. (Though with all these posts about the SJC, I would definitely check it out as well.)

Can you use the SJC magwell if you don't have an extension on your magazines? (If you are using standard 17 round 9 mm mags?)

Seiichi

If you're running open/limited, why would you run without mag extensions?

+8 for the SJC.

The Pro-Am match put on by Phil Strader. 10 round limit. Open and Limited. I generally shoot Production, so I don't have mag extensions, and I'm not going to build new mags for one match a year, but I am willing to slap on a magwell. :goof: I guess I can just practice my reloads more...but that would be like cheating.

Seiichi

Are glock magwells legal in production?

No, Magwells are not legal in production. I learned that the hard way. If you have a magwell on and you are shooting production and you are caught, you will be bumped to open minor. TRUST ME I KNOW!! :o

If you plan on high cut under trigger and alittle out of the beaver tail area than the sjc

will work great.If hands are normal size or slightly large the sjc will really pinch your hand with

out the high cuts on the frame.If you plan on leaving the frame stock the dawson is a great choice.

I really like Dawson Precision's Super-Heavy Magwell: Well-built, looks great and no replacable inserts.

I have a hard time understanding why some folk think using a frail plastic insert is a good idea. It's not like you can mess up a brass magwell so why bother with brittle plastic?

Regarding the SJC magwell: Mostly form follows function, but that one's just an ugly behemoth. :rolleyes: YMMV though.