Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

larue vs ADM

Onagoth

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. And to those who think that I am the only one who does not like Larue pull your heads out of the sand and do some research. Alaskapopo is a larue fanboy who is all over larue because he helped send stuff for his shoot in the northern state. Bias as bias gets. Proves he can be purchased and have no idea of what a good mount works. Fanboys are just that nothing more. I know lots of guys coming back from the sandbox and they had nothing but issues with the Larue mounts. It is a serious problem and with fanboys bragging their crap up because they were sold crap does not help things. GDI, BOBRO, ADM in that order.

I loved Larue products well before they sponsored my shoot. The real bias here is you don't like Larue because one of your friends and Mark got into it and now your trying to do what you can to slander Larue products all over the forum. You don't see other people going around slamming Larue products. Your about the only one. Some people complain about cost but no one complanes about quality. It would be better if you kept your personal issues with Mark out of the discussion. Everyone has their opinions and that is fine. ADM makes sound mounts and I am sure Bobro does too. But something you can't seem to admit is Larue makes a quality product that is very popular with everyone from competition shooters to cops and a lot of people in between. I have gotten into some heated discussions with some on here about JP vs Noveske etc but I would never say that JP makes a poor product because that would be a lie and people know better. It is the same with you bashing Larue. People know better.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

There is no bashing of LaRue. Opinion based on people's experiences are being shared. Lets keep it that way and keep this thread on track. If someone's opinion is negative and it flys in the face of what you believe, so be it. That person is entitled to his/her opinion.

Arguing with the one person who is sharing negative experience is not the way to go on this forum nor is any name calling tolerated.

For those folks participating in this thread that are not aware, or have not taken a moment to read the Forum Guidelines, take a moment to do so and become familiar with the conduct expected on this forum. And for those that are familiar. Now might be a good time to have a refresher.

If this topic does not stay on track and forum guidelines are not followed when posting, it will be locked and corrective actions taken if necessary.

This can be discussed in a constructive manner.

I happen to use both mounts. Both are very good. ADM happens to make mounts for Vortex so that is what is on my game gun. And ADM replaced a mount that I damaged even after I explained that I caused the damage. :mellow: I think LaRue would help a stupid person too

Using a LaRue mount with out reading the instructions does not produce optimum results.

The ADM mount takes a bit of dexterity to open after they are locked, <_< I think the LaRue is the easy-est to take off, But the ADM is the easy-est to adjust on the install with out a tool.

Friends work at LaRue that are excellence driven when I shoot with them, and I know they work with the same intensity.

The only reason you will find LaRue mounts for sale on the Forum is because LaRue puts so many mounts on the prize tables. My guess is that ADM could never catch LaRue on that market angle

I would use LaPewp stuff if not everything had a friggin QD lever. Honestly how many times do you take stuff off your gun once you have it set where you want it?

Perfect example, QD BUIS

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Actually if you want you don't have to get the QD version on the mounts you can get the VZ verson for less. Also I remove my optics to clean my rifles, and to put different optics on my rifle for different applicaitons etc. The only guns I have with fixed mounts are bolt guns and my C More on my open pistol.

Pat

I would use LaPewp stuff if not everything had a friggin QD lever. Honestly how many times do you take stuff off your gun once you have it set where you want it?

Perfect example, QD BUIS

Actually if you want you don't have to get the QD version on the mounts you can get the VZ verson for less. Also I remove my optics to clean my rifles, and to put different optics on my rifle for different applicaitons etc. The only guns I have with fixed mounts are bolt guns and my C More on my open pistol.

Pat

What is the purpose of removing something from the outside of the rifle to clean the inside? It just doesn't make sense to me. But then again I don't have all that funky stuff on my rifle. A hole in the back and a post in the front is good enough for me.

Perfect example, QD BUIS

Pat

What is the purpose of removing something from the outside of the rifle to clean the inside? It just doesn't make sense to me. But then again I don't have all that funky stuff on my rifle. A hole in the back and a post in the front is good enough for me.

I don't like to get solvent near my optics when I clean So I remove them. It has not been an issue with Larue mounts returning to zero for me.

Honestly how many times do you take stuff off your gun once you have it set where you want it?

For me I swap my Optics between 3 Rifles. It depends on what match I go to and if I need more magnification or if I need a shorter rifle. I've never needed to shoot more then 5 rnds to get back to zero with any combination.

I just removed my PEPR mount for the first time, and the front mount screw will not screw back tight against the rail anymore. It feels stripped or somthing.

I just ordered the AMD recon

Perfect example, QD BUIS

I have a matching scope on my back-up rifle. 1/2 the time when I practice we use 22 rim-fire. So I take off the scope from my back-up gun at least once a month and remount it after. So long as I mount it on the same rail slot it stays zeroed.

Edited by AlamoShooter

Perfect example, QD BUIS

Pat

I think he was just trying to be nice to me, why else would he make such a comment. Seriously needing QD to clean a rifle now, how do the real shooters do it on their precision rifles without QD mounts, so many scopes gone to crap from solvent I lost count at -1. I think he should clean the lapoopo off his rifle if he was worried about grime.

• 5 months later...

Bobro is the best. Its very simple to tighten the ring screws with the mount off and in your hand. Easy on. easy off. returns to 1/2 MOA zero. Superb in every way.

Larue is a PITA. If you want to move scopes between rifles especially. Don't care for the rings either. I do really like their mount for a T1. High quality, flawed design.

ADM dual lever is very good scope mount for larger rifle scopes. All testing shows that they "settle in" and will return to zero after a shot or two. Quality is very close to Larue.

Bobro is the best. Its very simple to tighten the ring screws with the mount off and in your hand. Easy on. easy off. returns to 1/2 MOA zero. Superb in every way.

Larue is a PITA. If you want to move scopes between rifles especially. Don't care for the rings either. I do really like their mount for a T1. High quality, flawed design.

ADM dual lever is very good scope mount for larger rifle scopes. All testing shows that they "settle in" and will return to zero after a shot or two. Quality is very close to Larue.

Larue is easy if your moving between rifles, never had an issue. Not a flawed design works great. ADM works as well but I prefer Larue. Never tried Bobro but the reviews are good.

As for why I remove my optics on my AR's to clean them. The cleaning rest I use works better if the rifle upper is set upside down. If you do this all the solvent runs out onto the scope. Again I have removed the scopes countless times and they have always returned to zero. I must just be lucky.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

I'm a relative newb, but I am finding a great deal of amusement at the vigor with which some guys defend their kit(or trash the other guy's). People attacking each other over their opinion of which mount is better is pretty impressive. OP just wanted opinions. He never asked anyone to refute anyone else's opinion. Personally, I have both (ADM and Larue; in alphabetical order not preferential), and I still use both. Haven't had any issues with either at this point. When discussing multiple different products that are viewed by many in this sport as being "the best", the truth is that whichever one you have the most confidence in is the one that you should select. Everyone who has mentioned the QD aspect has also mentioned that they "confirm" zero after reattaching. Nobody seems to have such confidence in their mount returning to zero that they just slap it back on before a big match and go. Whether you are 1 click off or 10 clicks off, you have still had to make adjustments. In our game, this is basically a wash...IMHO

• 1 month later...

I have a LaRue SPR mount. It has steel threaded inserts in the scope rings that the allen cap screws thread into. Does anyone know if the ADM mount has the same type of steel inserts for the screws in the scope rings like the LaRue? Or does the ADM just have threaded holes in the aluminum?

For hard use (I've dropped it, banged it jumping out of a Lenco, etc.), it's hard to beat LaRue. Couple that with minimal shift, excellent CS, and support for LEO/MIL causes, it's an easy choice for me. In fairness, all those mentioned above will serve you well in a 3G match.