Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Competition holster for STI Trojan 5.0 40cal.

ts1911

Ready tacitcal? CPWSA has them for all 1911 models in either IDPA or USPSA. I am not sure what the difference is between USPSA and IDPA, but I have the USPSA version. No frills. straight forward kydex holster.

I am sure other vendors carry the same holster, I just happen to get mine from CPWSA.

Matt

Comp-Tac!

Be sure to order the model for your specific gun!!! A 1911 holster will not fit a STI Trojan 5.0. There is a reason they make many models. Ask me how I know... <_<

Edited by sirveyr

The Blade Tech tends to keep the gun up higher on the waist. With the Single Stack rules requirement that the entire front strap be above the belt this is understandable, but somehow, Ready Tactical and Comp-Tac have figured out to make a more comfortable holster, and accomplish a better draw while keeping within the rules.

• 3 weeks later...

Comp-Tac!

Be sure to order the model for your specific gun!!! A 1911 holster will not fit a STI Trojan 5.0. There is a reason they make many models. Ask me how I know... <_<

Their STI Spartan holster would not fit my STI Spartan. :blink: I sent it back to them with lots of pictures. It came back and still didn't fit. They paid for all the shipping and refunded my money. I'm currently using a Ready Tactical.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

...for my Trojan 9mm then went with Ready Tactical, like it quite a bit better than the Blade Teck. Also went with Ready Tactical for my Glock 34. More comfortable better draw.

Own previous Kydex was not B/T but 5+ years with R/T for 1911's & a G-34 are similar to the above.

FWIW, gave up on B/T 10 yrs. ago...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Comp-Tac!

S**T I just bought a STI Trojan hoping it would work in my regular 1911 holster. When I get home I will have to check before I end up going to a match and not having anything to use.

Comp-Tac, but order it specifically for the Trojan. I have Comp-Tacs for Glocks, 1911's and a Trojan. Great product, guarantee, and service. Their mag pouches rock too.

Edited by doc88