Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remington & Spartan Tactical announce the 2012 Fallen Brethren 3 G

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a couple of questions... I did not find the information on the fb3g website, but that doesn't mean it's not there...

1. Food on the range during the match? Options?

2. Registration hours/dates?

#3 Camping ../ self contained Campers ? at the range-parking over night

Anybody happen to know the match schedule so we can plan for a Sunday or Monday departure????

Any information about range condition/access for choice of rental car???

And lastly, any information for shipping ammo to the range???

Thanks

Edited by smokshwn

Just a couple of questions... I did not find the information on the fb3g website, but that doesn't mean it's not there...

1. Jim is working on a vendor to be at the range for lunch. If you are staying at or near the host hotel, the hotels offer breakfast and there is also your choice of fast food chains on the way!

2. Registration Times:

Wednesday, October 3 (RO and Thursday Shooters ONLY)

1-5 at the Spartan Tactical Range Complex

6-8 Host Hotel (The Bridgeport Suites)

Thursday, October 4 (all shooters)

1:00-5:00 pm at the Spartan Tactical Range Complex

6-8 Host Hotel (The Bridgeport Suites)

You are strongly encouraged to register on Thursday. If you can't make it to one of the two times, please send me an e-mail at sorvig@comcast.net ONLY. Do NOT send me a PM here as I will not check BE regularly AND I'd like to keep all notices in one place.

3. No RV parking at the range. There are campsites in Jacksboro, TX located nearby.

FYI: website is www.fb3gun.com.

;)

Anybody happen to know the match schedule so we can plan for a Sunday or Monday departure????

Any information about range condition/access for choice of rental car???

And lastly, any information for shipping ammo to the range???

Thanks

Range Condition: Think Rockcastle without the hotel! You will be able to drive to most stages. While I haven't seen where the stages are this year (12 miles of ranch!), last year there was ample parking close by to the stages. There was only one stage that you couldn't drive to, but there was a "vehicle" on site to take shooters back and forth to the stage. But expect dirt roads.

All of the hotels will accept shipped ammo.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Sandra

3 Gun Nation has opened this match up for the Pro Series! Wooohooo! Come play.

:D

Well, that kills any oportunity to shoot HeMan with some of the best HeMan shooters out there, they will all have to drink the koolaid in TS... :angry2:

that is one way to ruin a match I was really looking forward to shooting HeMan at...

JJ

Edited by RiggerJJ

Well, that kills any oportunity to shoot HeMan with some of the best HeMan shooters out there, they will all have to drink the koolaid in TS... :angry2:

that is one way to ruin a match I was really looking forward to shooting HeMan at...

JJ

Crap. I have to go shopping now. I got rid of my scope after the Pro Am.

JJ

<_< Shopping Divisions ?...humm :sight:

Edited by AlamoShooter

JJ

Why would I want to shop divisions? I just want to compete with others, not shoot by myself...its a shooting competition! :)

and with the requirement in the FB3G rules to have 10 in a division, I don't want to get bumped to Open with HeMan gear. :)

JJ

Edited by RiggerJJ

JJ

Why would I want to shop divisions? I just want to compete with others, not shoot by myself...its a shooting competition! :)

and with the requirement in the FB3G rules to have 10 in a division, I don't want to get bumped to Open with HeMan gear. :)

JJ

So move to tac-ops? How many in Heavy optics? I would rather shoot limited if I had to shoot open with a 308.

JJ is right as usual. He has been at this along time and knows when something stinks. His reasons for signing up to shoot this match are not any less important than someone shooting the pro-series.

If this unexpected change of the pro-series rules makes the match different that what it would have been if it had not happened, he has every right to be a little pissed.

But don't worry JJ. You are not the only one out there this screws, and it may be end up being for a whole lot more that just the chance to shoot in a field of 10. It might end up costing someone thier trip to Vegas. Changing the rules for a few, with a weeks left in the season? Not a good idea in my opinion.

Edited by Lead-Head

I plan to switch to Heavy Optics for this match - still need to contact Sandra and make it official. This will be my first time shooting Heavy. Zeroed my new LRP-07 this afternoon; it will take some getting used to the chest-pounding "thump" of a man-gun, but I'm excited for the new challenge. :cheers:

JJ, if He-Man division doesn't "make" based on the new change, consider playing with us in Heavy Optics. :)

Doug

I plan to switch to Heavy Optics for this match - still need to contact Sandra and make it official. This will be my first time shooting Heavy. Zeroed my new LRP-07 this afternoon; it will take some getting used to the chest-pounding "thump" of a man-gun, but I'm excited for the new challenge. :cheers:

JJ, if He-Man division doesn't "make" based on the new change, consider playing with us in Heavy Optics. :)

Doug

That does it, I am switching to Tac Optics.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

No go back :cheers:

Doug

That does it, I am switching to Tac Optics.

Doug

Doug, Congrats on the new JP LRP! you will learn to love it!!!

See post #145...

You guys can play all ya want with yer pop-pistols and auto loading shotguns...I just can't get excited about a 1/3rd heavy division, its all or none for me. its too bad too, it could have been fun... :angry2:

jj

Is match is a 3 Gun Nation Divisional series match. It has to have a Heavy Irons division regardless of the number of competitors.

I'm not sure how opening this up to the pro series may change things, but there were only 3 of us signed up for Heavy Metal as of today. I agree with JJ in that it is no fun to shoot alone, so I am going to shoot Tac Irons again and see if I can hang on to James C's mountain man beard for a few stages :goof: .

Edited by ShootfastRunfaster