Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remington & Spartan Tactical announce the 2012 Fallen Brethren 3 G

What are the rules??? All of them are different. If you have more than intented, mostly its OK, except to the people you beat.

I follow the rules, esp if I know them, in this case, I don't, most do follow the rules, some don't.

The Ro's are real busy as it is, they trust but verify, if they can, after 100 or so shooters they are happy if nothing happened they did not expect.

Seen too many, have a huge capacity, and get away with it. Limited in your dreams.

Edited by piper

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well get used to it dude. The upcoming USPSA rules will allow for competitors to load beyond the 9 rounds after the buzzer also.

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussions about this match in particular.

It is a safe assumption that is within the rules at FB3G but a confirmation would be great.

What are the rules??? All of them are different. If you have more than intented, mostly its OK, except to the people you beat.

I follow the rules, esp if I know them, in this case, I don't, most do follow the rules, some don't.

The Ro's are real busy as it is, they trust but verify, if they can, after 100 or so shooters they are happy if nothing happened they did not expect.

Seen too many, have a huge capacity, and get away with it. Limited in your dreams.

According to the published rules @ fb3gun.com loading over 9 rounds in the gun is legal after the beep. Total round capacity is not relevant, only # rounds in gun at stage start matters. Failure to follow the 9 round max at stage start mean you get bumped to open:

"5.1.2  Failure to meet all of the equipment and ammunition requirements for the declared division shall result in the participant being placed into Open division."

It's not that complicated. Read the rules, more than once if you need to. While clarification is always a good thing, this seems pretty cut and dried to me, especially considering how many other major 3-gun matches use the same rules in regard to this issue.

As for others getting away with more than 9 at the start, I've yet to see someone try it. It's very easy to tell just by watching them shoot if they started with more than 9, unless they load unnecessarily to cover the rule breaking, which negates the purpose for cheating in the first place. If its so rampant, name some names! Peer pressure works better than any other method of dealing with something like this.

What is the range layout? I've never been there, is it better to bring a cart, or drive stage to stage?

Sorry if this is already answered somewhere, my search fu came up short.

Hey Kyle - you'll be driving from stage to stage in most cases. There are a set of 3-4 bays near the stats shack where a few stages were set last year - a cart may be of some value in this area if you were to shoot them in one day. It's sort of like a smaller version of RM3G or a Rockcastle match in terms of stages being spread out (aside from those in the bays).

I took a cart last year and only used it for a stage or two - not taking one this year. Hope this helps.

:cheers:

Hey all,

Important Update - The match hotel is now La Quinta. This is where shooter registration will take place away from the range complex.

We needed the extra space for a meeting room. All three hotels are right next to each other so it's convenient to everyone.

See you in a couple of days!

-6-

Edited by Spartan-6

You know it's going to be a fun match when the Range Master stopped working just long enough to 'try out' the Remington PDW on Stage 1. Full auto and grins all around.

Your RO's checked in this evening and are a top notch crew.

See you tomorrow afternoon at check in.

-6-

You know it's going to be a fun match when the Range Master stopped working just long enough to 'try out' the Remington PDW on Stage 1. Full auto and grins all around.

-6-

What time does check in start? Sitting at laquinta and they don't seem to know anything about it...

-6-

What time does check in start? Sitting at laquinta and they don't seem to know anything about it...

According to the website; 1-5 at the range and 6-8 at the hotel.

Shot most of the stages today, hope the "Real Shooters" appreciate all the work us ROs did today working out the bugs...

Fast and fun stages with some different positions and nice Hewy to shoot from as a real prop that someone was so kind for us to use. LaRue and MGM Targets are a welcome sight but there are still some steel rifle targets that the ROs have to call, damn it! The Remington rifles (2) and the Shotgun as prop guns are very nice! Any time you can put the selector on FUN (auto) you will see lots of smiles. The "None Shall Pass" stage has a fun bridge (In Search if the Holy Grail) to cross that acts like a spring board...very humbleing experience for sure.

Great to see Randy Luth, Travis Gibson, Scott McGreggor, the Miculek's, Tripp, Rustin B, The team from AMU, JJ and Denise Johnson, and a whole host of other friends and just great host of our sport!

Sorry the Mayor of 3 gun town is not here...it is election time isn't it;)

Tomorrow will be a long day, night to all.

Sincerely,

Busyhawk

Forgot to mention, the lunch at the range today was great! Just please leave some for the staff!!!!!!

Sheldon is not the RM for this match, was told some things came up and he could not afford the time so Mike Oberman is now the RM for this match...

Know your offset on the rifle, at say 3 yards, some at the staff shoot found out the hard way:(

Busyhawk

I can't find squad list's anywhere. Are they out yet? Have I just been overlooking them? Can't wait til the weekend!

+1 Will there be a squad list and stage schedule published before we arrive at the match?

No. You'll see the lists on Friday morning. See you then.

-6-

Fun match so far!

Weather is supposed to be colder tomorrow...

Remington has really stepped up for this one, they are there in force, 3 pick-up guns that are working very well...really very "there."

Thanks to ALL the sponsors and hard workers, RO's, stats and all!!

Squad 6 rocks!

The cliff stage is just so beautiful! I love that stage, though I tanked it again!! :angry2: Hit the pick-up gun MSR target though!!!!

Shot out of a Huey...was on the ground, but a working "little bird" flew in the colors this morning, and buzzed around a bit!!!

That's my mid-action report.

Denise out!

Great weather today, ran a little late but plenty of light so no big deal. Tomorrow is spose to be a 55 degree high day...fall is here I guess:(

I saw two 308/HM shooters have to abandon the rifles, one for a broken extractor and one for a stuck case!

Good shooting from some fast and skilled shooter but most of all all were having fun!

Can't wait formtomorrow.

Busyhawk