Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remington & Spartan Tactical announce the 2012 Fallen Brethren 3 G

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a horrible time finding a decently priced place to stay near the match. Looks like I'm heading down alone.....so if anyone has floor space available for $100 bill and a temporary Chiropractor at your disposal....just let me know.

May have to cancel and give my spot away if I can't find a place.

I am heading down from Va. and I have not secured a room yet...

Split one?

let me know

Bill

Having a horrible time finding a decently priced place to stay near the match. Looks like I'm heading down alone.....so if anyone has floor space available for $100 bill and a temporary Chiropractor at your disposal....just let me know.

May have to cancel and give my spot away if I can't find a place.

I am heading down from Va. and I have not secured a room yet...

Split one?

let me know

Bill

See post # 191 for a cheep room

Many of the stage descriptions refer to a "cruiser ready" condition. This condition is not defined in the rules (or at least I could not find the reference). My guess is that it means: "loaded to division capacity minus 1, empty chamber". Please confirm or define.

Yes

Many of the stage descriptions refer to a "cruiser ready" condition. This condition is not defined in the rules (or at least I could not find the reference). My guess is that it means: "loaded to division capacity minus 1, empty chamber". Please confirm or define.

Except for the minus one part that would be correct. Cruiser ready for a shotgun is magazine loaded to division capacity with the bolt forward on an empty chamber. The safety can be in whatever condition the shooter chooses at that point. Cruiser ready for the rifle is magazine in bolt forward on empty chamber, safety in shooters desired condition.

Except for the minus one part that would be correct. Cruiser ready for a shotgun is magazine loaded to division capacity with the bolt forward on an empty chamber. The safety can be in whatever condition the shooter chooses at that point. Cruiser ready for the rifle is magazine in bolt forward on empty chamber, safety in shooters desired condition.

The BigLucky guy may be correct for this match, BUT

Cruiser Ready is lacking in deception as to the "Division Capacity" amount . *A =I have herd it as No more than 8 in the tube, and *B= herd it as no more than 9 rounds in the gun at the start. in fact I herd it both way at the same match on different stages. I never herd the term until two years ago, now the term is thrown around like it in a rule book some place for some organization. I thought "empty chamber start" was not lacking in a complete description.

The BigLucky guy may be correct for this match, BUT

Cruiser Ready is lacking in deception as to the "Division Capacity" amount . *A =I have herd it as No more than 8 in the tube, and *B= herd it as no more than 9 rounds in the gun at the start. in fact I herd it both way at the same match on different stages. I never herd the term until two years ago, now the term is thrown around like it in a rule book some place for some organization. I thought "empty chamber start" was not lacking in a complete description.

Good point Mr Foote... Division capacity is the Texas Multi Gun rule for cruiser ready. Since Mr Carruth is the range master I am assuming that is how it will be used at this match. In the end, if you have a question on a stage make sure to ask the RO for the stage during the walk through. They may be consistently inconsistent from stage to stage but should run their stage the same for every shooter in the match.

So, is there a Tactical heavy scope division at this match?

I am asking this same question and also clarification of the rules for it as well. Sent a email to the statistician and the RM and no response yet. Hope to hear soon so I can finish preps.

So, is there a Tactical heavy scope division at this match?

I am asking this same question and also clarification of the rules for it as well. Sent a email to the statistician and the RM and no response yet. Hope to hear soon so I can finish preps.

I am thimking of shooting tac ops if there is no heavy division. Or will we get heavy scoring if we shoot a 308?

Is it only 9 rds max in the tact. shotgun at any time???

"5.3.4.6 Not more than nine (9) rounds total may be loaded at the beginning of any stage, unless otherwise stipulated in the stage briefing"

To me it seems this allows more than 9 to be loaded after the start, assuming the stage description doesn't stipulate anything else.

Know what they say about assuming. Anyone know for sure if you can load more after the buzzer????

Probably something to verify at the match. I would say plan to be able to like every other non-USPSA major match. The round count limit in the shotty is only before the buzzer, but as they say, trust but verify.. :)

I know you can, but do you really want to shoot in Open.

Not helpful.... number of rounds after the buzzer doesn't put you into open at most outlaw 3 gun matches.

Was not meant to be helpful, there has to be some deterrent to not following the rules,

there also has to be some answer to the "If you aren't cheating, you ain't trying crowd".

Edited by piper

Was not meant to be helpful, there has to be some deterrent to not following the rules,

there also has to be some answer to the "If you aren't cheating, you ain't trying crowd".

If being unhelpful was your goal - you succeed. Benny was simply asking for a rule clarification - not advocating cheating.

I would be interested to hear an explanation of how you are " trying to be a deterrent to not following the rules". The rules at most outlaw 3 gun matches allow for the shotgun to hold as many rounds as you can stuff in it after the buzzer has sounded.