Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3GN Semi-Pro Series

As the "Pro" shooters actually end up paying as much or more than the "Semi-pro" shooters to participate, I think that the only way to define who is a "Pro" and who is not is by who is on the "Pro" tour. If you are not on the "Pro tour, you are not a pro, no matter how good you shoot. I have noticed that some of the best 3 gunners that I know of are not on the tour, and if you compete in a division other than scope tac, the best competition is still outside the tour anyway, so cheer up, and shoot whatever division at whatever match floats your boat!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw several posts where people stated that they were going to get into FNH for a Semi Pro match. I went back and looked at the original list and it wasn't on the Semi Pro Series, but now it is. Glad they added it, because it's a great match. They also added Fallen Brethren 3G to the Semi Pro list this week (also an awesome match). Registration for FB3G starts Sunday night (3/4/12) at 8pm.

Wow - didn't expect this topic to reach 1000 views. Looks like some talented shooters signing up for Semi-Pro - fantastic, love the competition! I count at least 15 entrants just on this thread alone; wonder what the total number will be.

Quick question - does anyone know if you can shoot both in the Semi-Pro and the Divisional series? It was my understanding you had to pick one or the other, but have seen comments to the contrary.

Can't wait to get kicked off at the SMM3G in a few weeks. :cheers:

Wow - didn't expect this topic to reach 1000 views. Looks like some talented shooters signing up for Semi-Pro - fantastic, love the competition! I count at least 15 entrants just on this thread alone; wonder what the total number will be.

Quick question - does anyone know if you can shoot both in the Semi-Pro and the Divisional series? It was my understanding you had to pick one or the other, but have seen comments to the contrary.

Can't wait to get kicked off at the SMM3G in a few weeks. :cheers:

My order ID was 85, but I don't know if that means 85 people have signed up for semi-pro, or everything combined. To answer your other question I cut this from the 3gun nation rules:

3-Gun Nation Semi-Pro Division – Presented by Stag Arms

2012 MEMBERSHIP COST: $25

(Includes membership card; 25% Proceeds donated to 3GN/Task Force Dagger Wounded Warriors 3-Gun Team!)

1. Eligibility

1.1: The 3GN Semi-Pro Series is open to any competitor, excluding 3GN Pro Series competitors. However, a competitor may be registered in ONLY one of the following 3GN points series: 3GN Divisional Series, 3GN Semi-Pro Series, or 3GN Amateur Series.

This link has some good Q&A too.

Click Here

Q: Who’s it for?

A: The 3GN Divisional Series is for the very best 3-gunners in the country. A continuation of last year’s series sponsored by Hornday, the 3GN Divisional Series will name the “Shooter of the Year” in five different equipment divisions: Tactical Optics, Open, Tactical Iron, Heavy Metal and Heavy Metal Optics. Also, the top five competitors in each division at the end of the season will be invited to shoot in the 3GN Pro Series Qualification Match.

Q: Why are Pro Series shooters allowed to play here?

A: Just like last year, the Divisional Series was developed to reward sustained performance over the course of a season in each division—to determine the top shooter in each equipment division. The Pro Series developed after the debut of the Divisional Series last season. To give more shooters a chance to play, 3GN launched two (2) additional levels to the 3GN Outlaw Series—Semi-Pro and Amateur.

Question: I'm a Tac Irons/Limited shooter and will be shooting Texas Multigun, Fallen Brethren and hopefully Blue Ridge in that division. If I shoot the ProAM in Tac Optics, will I still get points for that?

Ben, it's my understanding that you'll get points for the Pro-Am as long as you shoot in the Pro Division.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm signed up for semi-pro (#128) as well. I don't expect to be asked to compete in the Pro series next year. I'm looking more for an idea how I stack up against the rest of the field.

Kind of a bummer for you guys that turned down the pro invitation. Looks like this year if someone turns it down, they don't go to the next shooter. Wonder what the theory behind that decision was?

Edited by jdknotts1