Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM 525

wingnut

Rich from Canyon Creek Customs

Scott from Springer Precision is good as well

One of those things where pick either one and you won't be disappointed. Lots of people here swear by one or the other, and sometimes both.

I had rich from canyon creek build me a 4p pistol and I'm very happy with it. It's only got about 500 rounds through it but there have been no issues. It's consumed bunny fart loads all the way through major perfectly.

I did my own with the Powder River Ultimate Match kit. I thought it was a decent improvement over stock until this week when I visited a local range. They have a rental gun exactly like my 9mm 5.25, so I asked if I could handle it. WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! It was night and day between my personal pistol with the PRP kit (installed by me :)) and the range gun.

If you're so inclined, you could do the job on your own and have excellent results. I'm no smith, but I can follow directions and exercis some patience. With this and the PRP Youtube videos, I was sufficiently armed.

Lester

I once bought an XDM from a forum member who put a kit in it and when I got it I was very disappointed. Having owned several XDs with CC triggers and a couple Springers with triggers, the kit was no where near the 'smith job.

I immediately sent it to Rich to be redone

Edited by waynes_world_45

I've done one myself, had a local 'smith do one and shipped one to PRP. The PRP job was the best followed closely by my own. The local job left something to be desired and the grip safety was intermittent(not a good thing!) tiger

Tiger,

Was there much difference between your job and the one PRP did? My striker fired experience is pretty limited, so I could only base my judgment of my work on the difference between my own gun before and after without really knowing how much better it might be if a pro had done it.

I thought my job turned out really well and all function tests passed as per the PRP videos. It's no 1911 or CZ 75 with a good trigger job but it's head and shoulders above the stock trigger.

Thanks.

I've done one myself, had a local 'smith do one and shipped one to PRP. The PRP job was the best followed closely by my own. The local job left something to be desired and the grip safety was intermittent(not a good thing!) tiger

• 4 months later...

I had a local gunsmith do my trigger job. I asked for a 3lb crisp trigger and I got it! Love this gun! He even brought the trigger back in the trigger guard for my short fingers to allow me to get a better grip. If you are in San Antonio, Steve Cline is the gunsmith to do your trigger work on any xd or xdm!

• 2 weeks later...