Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Leupold Mark 6 1-6x illuminated

no body

I saw it listed on one of the big optics sites but when I called, they said they would have to order it from them and it would take 7-10 days to get it. I asked if he was sure about that and he just said that's the usual time so no telling. I would like to get one of these too, just waiting to find one...

I like the features, like the price (relative to others), and the fire dot is daytime visible. only drawback is the current reticles available. IMO they leave a little to be desired with regards to ranging.

I don't think I've ever ranged a target on the clock in a 3gun match before. So not being able to use it to range with doesn't bother me at all.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

The vx-6 i like better than the mk-6, as well as the reticle they chose, but the scope to see is the bushnell 1.5-6x or 1-8x the bdc reticle they use is really the best choice for our purposes. the Vortex 1-6x is also excellent with a good simple reticle with BDC lines. Both the bushy and Vortex are priced better than the leupy mk6, and about the same as the vx-6.

I see a scope in my future!!!

trapr

Never got to see the Bushnell 1-6, but this SHOT show was kinda like that. I could have used another week just to check out interesting stuff that other people told me about; as it was, I owe Dave Neth the credit for showing me the Leupy. The Vortex 1-6 is killer. At the price point, it's going to be tough to beat. Just a personal opinion, but the Leupold offers a better reticle for doping wind and the dot at 1X is scary bright - at least against the stadium lights inside the Sands expo center. Bottom line, this is going to be a great year for 3 gun optics.

Iain

Never got to see the Bushnell 1-6, but this SHOT show was kinda like that. I could have used another week just to check out interesting stuff that other people told me about; as it was, I owe Dave Neth the credit for showing me the Leupy. The Vortex 1-6 is killer. At the price point, it's going to be tough to beat. Just a personal opinion, but the Leupold offers a better reticle for doping wind and the dot at 1X is scary bright - at least against the stadium lights inside the Sands expo center. Bottom line, this is going to be a great year for 3 gun optics.

Iain

Thanks for the update and the video. I guess it's going to be a while before we get to see reticle pics and comparison of dot illumination brightness with these new scopes for 2012. I was kind of surprised to see that Swaro even updated the 1-6X Z6i.

I checked out the Bushnell and the Leupold Tactical - Mark 6, 1 x 6 last week at SHOT. With a 34 mm main tube, 1st focal plane reticle, and suggested retail much less than the Swarovski Z6, I think it will be a winner. I liked the CMR-W reticle, with holds for both the 7.62 and 5.56. The Leupold rep said they would be available in April. I'll definitely pick one up. I'll be interested in comparing it side by side with my Swarovskis. Although the Bushnell seemed nice as well, it's suggested retail was in the ball park with the Leupold. I didn't spend as much time with the Bushnell, but it seemed the Leupold was considerably better. I didn't know about the Vortex, so I didn't get to check it out. The US Optics 1 x 6 was nice as well.

I missed the Vortex 1-6, but like Trapr I thought the Bushnell was a very nice design. With the FFP, dialing down to 1x the illuminated horseshoe and dot looked like it would be faaaaaasssssttttt. I really wish they had an outdoor demo area for the optics though. In most locations it was difficult to find anything far enough away to see how good or bad most of the glass actually is. It was almost a waste of time looking through anyones spotting scope.

It looks like the Bushnell is going to retail right under $1,400.

The vx-6 i like better than the mk-6, as well as the reticle they chose, but the scope to see is the bushnell 1.5-6x or 1-8x the bdc reticle they use is really the best choice for our purposes. the Vortex 1-6x is also excellent with a good simple reticle with BDC lines. Both the bushy and Vortex are priced better than the leupy mk6, and about the same as the vx-6.

I see a scope in my future!!!

trapr

Vortex does not have a 1-6x, nor have they announced one that I am aware of. All reports out of SHOT said nothing about a 1-6.

Iain

Thanks for the update and the video. I guess it's going to be a while before we get to see reticle pics and comparison of dot illumination brightness with these new scopes for 2012. I was kind of surprised to see that Swaro even updated the 1-6X Z6i.

What changes did Swarovski make to the Z6i 1-6x24 Scope?

Phil G

Edited by Phil G

I got to see the Leupold on range day it's nice and i got to look through the Bushnell at the show. They both have some nice features and I am thinking I was told the Leupold is going to be in the 1300 to 1600 range and they were thinking mid summer before it would be released

Iain

HUH?? That might at least be one that is in my price range.

I have been very excited about trying multi gun, but after reading this thread and realizing you all are serious about spending $1950 on an optic you are planning to throw into a blue barrel as you move from gun to gun, it occured to me that I am not wealthy enough to play your game. :rolleyes:

Edited by Bart Solo

I have been very excited about trying multi gun, but after reading this thread and realizing you all are serious about spending $1950 on an optic you are planning to throw into a blue barrel as you move from gun to gun, it occured to me that I am not wealthy enough to play your game. :rolleyes:

Don't worry about it. There are an awful lot of the top, top shooters that run just fine with cheaper scopes. There really isn't a lot a $1900.00 Swaro will do that a $300.00 MTAC from Burris won't. I definitely would not buy a $1900 scope until I had been shooting for long enough to know, 1, that I need it, and 2, that it's the scope I want after looking at a bunch of other glass.

The scope I'm running I have under $300.00 into and it was good enough for 3rd at the USPSA Open Nationals and 1st Open at the FB3G this year.

Bart, (and Chuck) the Burris Tac30 is about $300, the MTACs are running $360 to $400. That is what I run too. I'd venture to say there are more Tac30s/MTACS sitting on 3 gun uppers that anything else. Vortex makes a quality 1-4 as well. Is the Swaro a little better? Yes, but not 5 times better! If I won one, I might keep it, but when I am spending my money, the MTAC is the best deal on the current market and even compared to what else was at SHOT.

I'd venture to say that if you can break into the top 25% in a major 3Gun match, you might be able to use the extra benefit of the Swaro and it "might" get you one position. If you are not yet there, that Swaro won't change your placement by even 1 position. $1600 buys a heck of a lot of ammo, a new shotgun, a decent rifle, etc.

I just outfitted my nephew with used, sale and other in Limited for basically $1500 total for all three guns and magazines.

It took me 2 years to reach the point where I needed "go fast" guns shooting SASS. I have been planning a mutli-gun upper for my AR and have been looking at the Burris Tac30 which seems to be reasonably priced for an optic that will be abused. I was just stunned when I saw the $1,950 price and the comment that it was a reasonable price point. If I can find a place to shoot multi-gun in the Kansas City area I still plan to try it when the weather breaks.

Don't worry about it. There are an awful lot of the top, top shooters that run just fine with cheaper scopes. There really isn't a lot a $1900.00 Swaro will do that a $300.00 MTAC from Burris won't. I definitely would not buy a $1900 scope until I had been shooting for long enough to know, 1, that I need it, and 2, that it's the scope I want after looking at a bunch of other glass.

The scope I'm running I have under $300.00 into and it was good enough for 3rd at the USPSA Open Nationals and 1st Open at the FB3G this year.

Hello! Open!

:ph34r:

Anyway, Jesse told me you shot in nice weather at FB.

just kidding!

The 1-6x swaro, is simply the heat. as far as whats available right now.