Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Build - Infinity 4.5" 9mm Sight Tracker

RangerTrace

I spent a few hours at the Infinity factory yesterday watching Brandon do the fitting and assembly of my new carry gun. Its going to be an IMM length (4.5") 9mm, Sight tracker. I was able to put 40 rounds through it before he took it apart for final finishing/cleaning. I was amazed at how flat/fast that short slide cycled. I'll post more pics when it gets back from coating. Here are a few of the details:

Carbon steel, IMM length slide with front and rear Xcelerator serrations, "infinity" engraving over the rear xcelerator serrations

slide profile is round/flat top/40 lpi with radial flute

Carbon steel frame with extended dust cover, full length Xcelerator serrations

Butler cut

4.5", non-AET hybrid barrel

Carbon steel signature grip with tactical micro pockets

Billet, non-pivoting grip safety

tripple xcelerated QB hammer

short flat trigger

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

I see you posting so often SV-Cop that I lost count? Isn't that #4?

Still waiting for my #1 and green of jealosy! :sick:

Can't wait to see the finished gun together with it's brothers / sisters

Frank

It's #4 built for me. They still owe me a 5" copy of this one... :devil:

Trace,

I hate you...........

ok, now that we have that settled, that is one fine looking pistol. Waay too nice to have to suffer as just another SV pistol in the collection. Why don't you let Brandon ship it up here for some Testing and Evaluation. That way a proper break in and love fest for the pistol could occur. That is the kind of warm invitation that we extend for this pistol. We don't do that for just any pistol, so please realize that this means it's special. Not your kind of "Special" though.

Seriously......do I have to move back to Texas to get my stuff faster than you or do you have some sort of intimidation thing going over Brandon and Sandy since you have a Ranger Badge? Isn't that against the Geneva Convention or something like unsporting conduct by a Law Enforcement official who orders hot looking pistols?

The wait on my 5.4 SightTracker and new SS is killing me.......................KILLING ME, I tell you.

If you were not so nice and friendly.....I just might take a serious dislike to you in jealous envy. Nice pistol for pretty cool guy. Happy for you my man.....well, not really happy but you get the point.

R

Roy, don't be a hater...this pistol will not be in the safe collecting dust. It will ride on my hip every day, protecting the Citizens of Texas, my family and various other dignitaries.

It will be well broken in with the 1K rounds of Atlanta Arms and Ammo 147 grain ammo that is en route to me :cheers:

I do understand your anxiety. Infinity pistols are like ( i assume) crack, once you get your first hit, nothing else will do the trick :devil:

I do understand your anxiety. Infinity pistols are like ( i assume) crack, once you get your first hit, nothing else will do the trick :devil:

Just ordered my second (SS) and haven't even received my first (Limited) yet... :surprise:

You will not be disappointed. Today, I was able to handle a new 1911 pistol from the Springfield Custom Shop. And while it was a well built and attractive pistol, (and much less expensive) it was not even close to the build of my SS Infinity. :cheers:

How is the tactical grip? I am having a gun built with this aggressiveness because I heard the aggressive micropockets feel like it is cutting into your hand. Does the tactical micropockets still have good traction?

Thank you

Here are a few quick pics of the finished product. I'm extremely happy with how it turned out. I'm testing a prototype PVD coating with this build. The color is technically called anthracite. It's not quite as hard as DLC, but still harder than hard chrome with excellent lubricious properties. I hope it holds up, because it's really nice looking in person. The Ranger badge was a nice personal touch. Thanks Brandon!

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1388.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

How is the tactical grip? I am having a gun built with this aggressiveness because I heard the aggressive micropockets feel like it is cutting into your hand. Does the tactical micropockets still have good traction?

Thank you

Hax,

For me personally, the aggressive micropockets are just too sharp and uncomfortable. There are those who love them. Only time will tell if I'll like the Tactical Micropockets more than skater tape.