Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

25 Best Beers in America

BDH

There have been a couple of threads around best beers, but I decided to start a new one. I was concerned that those beers might have gone either flat or sour. :(

Anyway, the 'authorities' at Men's Journal rated The 25 BEST BEERS in AMERICA (MJ Best Beers) Congrats to Deschutes Brewery in Bend, on taking first place.

Now WHO says that Nationals in Bend are a bad thing? Of course, I just wish I had stopped by the Deschutes Brewery on my last two trips to Bend. Now, I might have to make a 'sight-seeing trip'. :lol::lol::lol:

No. 2 is a damn beer. And I even went all the way to Chicago to buy it (not available here in Indiana). If you are not into the craft beers b/c "they're too bitter" or something, Prima Pils is a great way to start if you're curious.

Every beer I've had from Victory and from Dogfish Head are just freaking fantastic.

I was just getting ready to log out, but for whatever reason, my eye caught the "25 best beers' on the forum's homepage... ;)

Well, Maybe I'll check for some Mirror Pond at Top's. But with Sierra Nevada up there, I'm skeptical.

;)

Coors is just a waste of good water :D

Sacrilege! How can anyone say that about the original Cowboys Only Original Rodeo Soda?

Sorry guys, I'm a ex-bull rider, plus I'm sort of on the cheap side and you could get a 20 ounce Coors Light for less than a 12 oz Bud Light at my favorite watering hole. Man do I miss those days...

Ray

A Scottish friend of mine once said: "Coors Light is like sex in a canoe--F***in' close to water"! :D Coors Original Banquet Beer, however, is a bit better.

SN is pretty good, and I'd have to admit that Shiner Bock is sadly not on the list.

But, I've had some pretty good IPA from place to place as well as some decent Hefeweizen that didn't make the list.

MMmm, Beer!

Troy

My all time favorite is Guinness over Bass (AKA Black and Tan). I don't like Guiness by itself much, but put the two together by someone who knows what they are doing and mmmmmmmmmm.........mmmmmmmmmmmmm.........Goooooooood.

Good to see some Sam Smith's on that Beer Advocate list. Good stuff that. The Taddy Porter has been my favorite beer since high school. The Oatmeal Stout is outstanding too.

- Gabe

I know I'm outnumbered, and I know I'm gonna be in deep doo-doo for saying this but, what the hell, we're still allies, right?:

The best beer in America is ................ imported from Australia.

Run Forrest, Runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

:wacko:

Funny, when I was sampling the many fine beers of Australia, every single Auzzie laughed when I mentioned we had Fosters in the U.S. - they all said it was the crap beer of Australia. Now I hope you weren't talking about Fosters, Vince. :o

Did have quite a few excellent beers down there though. And it was cool because as you changed provinces (or whatever they called those huge, named, divisions of land) you got a whole new selection of beers to try out.

And while I'm drifting the thread to crap beer, anyone ever hear that (it is the crap beer of the England, in this case) about Harp? Almost everyone I talked to from England thought it was funny that Americans loved Harp, because it was their shit beer. Which is funny because it's equally funny how much Budweiser is drank around the world. People are strange.

be

People always seem to like different, to be different..

It seems none of the imported stuff here is as good as it is in the country of origin.

Vince, how about Fourex [XXXX]? A nice Queensland brew.. Twice as good as Dos Equis... :D

Prove it.  I'm thirsty.  :)

Flex, all I know is that if you show up with 'Natural Lite' again (or whatever the hell you brought to the Blast last year), you lose ALL your Beer Tasting credentials! :P In times of desparation, I have drank some pretty nasty stuff, but that was some of the worst beer I have EVER had! :(:(

Of course after choking down the 17th one, it was at least tolerable! :lol::lol::lol: