Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My STI Edge Project...

RippSpeed

I got this STI Edge 40sw of a trade for a my HK P30LS V1 chambered in 9mm.

This is how I got here:

6403295341_6e944f7d3d_z.jpg

STOCK STI Edge 40sw by rippspeed1, on Flickr

I had Jimmy Vidanes install an Ed Brown grip safety, Dawson Precision front sight, Doug Koenig Low Mass Hammer, SV Infinity Thumb safety, STI gun smith flat trigger blank, Stipple the grip, under cut trigger guard and do a trigger job (trigger pull is crispy 1.5lbs). While I installed a Dawson Magwell, Dawson Posi lock extended mag release, Ed Brown mag button,Dawson tooless guide rod and wolf springs:

and this is how she was for a few months while I messed with recoil springs:

6044838592_aa8054b3e6_z.jpg

STI Edge 40sw stippled by rippspeed1, on Flickr

After shifting thru the Brian Enos forums gallery section I finally realized what and how I wanted this Edge to look...

So I had Dave's Metal Works do the finishing work on her... Dave did the flat top with 40lpi serations, hard chromed, and did my lightening cuts on her...

And this is how she sits today:

6402822115_a233aabff8_z.jpg

Hard Chromed STI Edge by "Dave's Metal Works" in Covina by rippspeed1, on Flickr

The Flat top w/ 40lpi serations and lightening cuts:

6402822785_fb9d70bf3b_z.jpg

Flat Top 40lpi Lightened STI Edge 40sw by rippspeed1, on Flickr

6402827771_fa755105d7_z.jpg

Flat Top Serated 40lpi STI Edge done by "Daves Metal Works" in Covina by rippspeed1, on Flickr

Side Profile:

6402831575_0c91de7e2f_z.jpg

Hard Chromed and Lightened STI Edge by "Daves Metal Works" in Covina by rippspeed1, on Flickr

Only thing missing is the SV Infinity flat trigger, waiting for Jimmy to install it...

Jimmy Vidanes does some great lightening work, trigger jobs and fitment.. While Dave fast turn around( I drop it off on saturday 19th and it was ready for pick up on the 23rd) and work is quality is second to none...

These are the guys that I'll be using to modify my STI Perfect 10 to a custom 6" Limited gun... And make me an open top end for my Edge...

Wow that looks fantastic. I have an Edge myself and I have to say i am envious of yours. Any chance of letting me know roughly how much it cost to bling it?

Four days is amazing turn around.

Cheers,

Chris.

Chris;

I'll pm you the price break down...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm done ... I just need to build a open top end for it ...

6502634675_f6ae2c9171_z.jpg

Lightened, Flat topped, Hard Chromed STI Edge chambered in 40sw pic 10 by rippspeed1, on Flickr

nice makeover!

do you want to sell your spare parts?

I do ...

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=134799&st=0&p=1516333&fromsearch=1entry1516333

• 4 months later...

Just throwing it out there,. . i may just have to steal your design (minus hard chroming it). . . I absolutely love your gun. I think my STI project will end up looking the same, but still all blued, and with a red fiber optic front sight.

Wow that looks fantastic. I have an Edge myself and I have to say i am envious of yours. Any chance of letting me know roughly how much it cost to bling it?

Four days is amazing turn around.

Cheers,

Chris.

Chris;

I'll pm you the price break down...

oo oo . . pm me that break down as well please!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanx guys for compliments ... MY new 6" project finally is on its way ...

Hi,

you shooting Lopez canyon this Sunday?

-Byron

Pare;

hopefully I'll be there ...I just hope I don't get called to work