Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun 2012

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The infamous stage 8 in it's entirety. Is it just me or does it look like the far left target on the close array keeps popping back up? Maybe it's a funny angle. Can't tell.

Edited by usp45ss

When I get around to it, I'll put up a full length video. But for now, It seems that I had equipment issue through the whole match minus one or two stages :angry2: Stage 11, was the only stage that everything finally came together and ran smoothly for me.. I wish I could say that was the case for the rest of them :(

Stage 11: 25.08

Thanks to the staff for all their hard work!

Had a great time!

Squad 7 was large but great! Hard working, everything was always reset and no slackers except me during a migraine!

Appreciate getting to shoot with some new people and new 3-gunners! :roflol:

Now...if I could just shoot faster...

Congrats to Katie again!! :bow: What a showing!

Denise

Here is another of Patrick Kelley's stage 10 win from a different angle.

Unfortunately, I did not get any video of Patrick on Stage 5, where, during his stage run, he gave the rest of squad 14 some wind calls during some down time. :roflol:

Here's my match video.

Started out great, but ended my match 10 shots to soon.

Those were some sick runs Nils. Thanks for posting the video, that stage 5 run was awesome. And again, sorry about the DQ.

J.T.

The crew at Rio did a fantastic job of putting on the 1st major 3 gun of the year. The match was traditional SMM3G, the drag race of 3 gun. I thought the stages presented a good balance of skill tests, albiet a bit pistol light.

Stage 10 was one of the most technical shotgun stages that I have ever faced. Stage 9 presented the shooter with a host of 40 to 50 yard rifle offhand shots. Stage 2 was a true barn burner in the finest SMM3G tradition. Stage 5 was a great stage with 330 yard rifle shots, slugs out to 70, followed by a pistol hose fest. Stage 1's moving platform was a challenging prop to manage. Stage 7 was cool with the shield, the host of hostage shooting probelms and the light requirement . And it was nice to see a buckshot stage.

What didn't I like?

First, the match presented the shooter with a few 9+ target shotgun arrays, meaning that a guy with a traditional 8+1 tactical shotgun was going to get stuck with standing reloads whereas those with the big magazines on their tac shotguns did not. This is a huge deal on 20-30 second stages. It must cost the 8+1 shooter nearly 10 match points for every standing reload. I think that shotgun stages should limit the target arrays to no more than 8 targets otherwise the 8+1 shotgun is obsolete.

Second, Richard and I will have to agree to disagree about the utility of military popup targets in the match context. But I know that I am not alone in my views.

Finally, it's Rio Salado! We should have more relevant pistol shooting at SMM3G.

But those are quibbles, thanks for all the hard work. That was a great way to start 2012!

Edited by kellyn

Here's my match video.

Started out great, but ended my match 10 shots to soon.

Thats too bad Nils you had an awesome match going. By the way you stopped shooting it looks like you had an idea your rifle didn't land right.

I came oh so close at last years Multi-gun Nationals when my shotgun choke got caught on the carpet in the barrel, it was close but it stayed in.

Edited by TMC