Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top three Favorite 3 gun heroes

Im posting this not because I really care, but because we might as well start listing them now instead of when Jesse thinks of posting a poll.

1. Kurt Miller (because he tells me he's my hero)

2. Jesse T (because he tells me he will one day be my hero)

3. Trapr S.(because he needs someone who thinks he's a hero)

You're such a (insert explicitive here) That was totally my next pole.

OK I'll play.

Kurt Miller - It's gotta be the facial hair

Pat Kelley - It's gotta be the facial hair

Jesse Tischauser - Love me some me!!!

Like a Boss!!!

jesse-you forget someone from the AMU?

OK I'll play.

Like a Boss!!!

Dude, if it's the facial hair how can you ignore Mr. Thumbs and Smiles Travis Gibson?

My three picks,

Travis Gibson- Dude worked his ass off and came out of nowhere. Plus he runs the MGM Ironman, MGM Junior camp, hauls steel around to the matches I put on and makes the same awesome steel targets.

Bennie Cooley- Guy looks like Frankenstein when he walks, probably has more broken bits in him than anyone else I know. And stil manages to kick most guys asses. Plus he's a sportsman. When he DQ'd at Nats, he didn't argue it, he knew it and stopped himself. No bitching and whining. All real man.

Pat Kelley- The..eh..elder statesman of three gun? Pat's hilarious. He'd give you the shirt off his back, at least he used to before Benelli made him contractually obligated to wear theirs. I listened to guys this weekend at the 3GN Championship talking about how they wouldn't help another shooter out because they didn't want him to get into the shootoffs over them. Not only did Pat loan out his gear, he loaned it to top 8 finisher Tommy Thacker.

OK I'll play.

Like a Boss!!!

Dude, if it's the facial hair how can you ignore Mr. Thumbs and Smiles Travis Gibson?

My three picks,

Travis Gibson- Dude worked his ass off and came out of nowhere. Plus he runs the MGM Ironman, MGM Junior camp, hauls steel around to the matches I put on and makes the same awesome steel targets.

Bennie Cooley- Guy looks like Frankenstein when he walks, probably has more broken bits in him than anyone else I know. And stil manages to kick most guys asses. Plus he's a sportsman. When he DQ'd at Nats, he didn't argue it, he knew it and stopped himself. No bitching and whining. All real man.

Pat Kelley- The..eh..elder statesman of three gun? Pat's hilarious. He'd give you the shirt off his back, at least he used to before Benelli made him contractually obligated to wear theirs. I listened to guys this weekend at the 3GN Championship talking about how they wouldn't help another shooter out because they didn't want him to get into the shootoffs over them. Not only did Pat loan out his gear, he loaned it to top 8 finisher Tommy Thacker.

That's a good list!!! I think we need another pole for the best facial hair in 3 gun. I'll start that now.

My heros are all Open shooters:

Jerry Miculek, a Senior who kicks butt!

Don Bednorz, another Senior who kicks lots of butt!

Clint Upchurch, a young guy that keeps getting better!

All three also seem to be really nice people which is more important than their shooting ability.

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

Im posting this not because I really care, but because we might as well start listing them now instead of when Jesse thinks of posting a poll.

1. Kurt Miller (because he tells me he's my hero)

2. Jesse T (because he tells me he will one day be my hero)

3. Trapr S.(because he needs someone who thinks he's a hero)

Mr. Cyrwus, nicely done, and probably very timely. Anybody that posts really good relevant sarcasm is my hero!! :roflol:

My 3 gun Heroes are the backbone of the sport'

The Person who finishes 100th

The Person who finishes 200th

And the person who finishes 300th

at any match big enough to have that many shooters,

Because they are the shooters that keep the sport alive, by showing up doing their best,having fun and allowing the other shooters to get the prizes they think they deserve.

The top 100 at any match are the same people, that go from match to match to match competing against each other .

The others are irregulars who attend only 1 or 2 or at the most 3 Big matches a year and are limited by funds, time or other obligations from attending more matches.

They don't pick clases or divisions, bassed on the prize table, but on what equipment they have to shoot A match, maybe the chance comes by, only once A year.

These are the people who are my heroes, because they represent me, have the same goals as Me and sorry to say , the same ability as me.

We will never win a match but without us you cannnot have a big match.

Because they are the shooters that keep the sport alive, by showing up doing their best,having fun and allowing the other shooters to get the prizes they think they deserve.

The top 100 at any match are the same people, that go from match to match to match competing against each other .

The others are irregulars who attend only 1 or 2 or at the most 3 Big matches a year and are limited by funds, time or other obligations from attending more matches.

They don't pick clases or divisions, bassed on the prize table, but on what equipment they have to shoot A match, maybe the chance comes by, only once A year.

These are the people who are my heroes, because they represent me, have the same goals as Me and sorry to say , the same ability as me.

Well said.

Hard to narrow it down to top 3, but I'll try.

Jerry M - A true gentleman who literally races to tape and re-set.

Kurt M - Just an all-around good guy who shares tips and knowledge freely.

Rustin B - The classic "everyman" shooter - a newer, unsponsored (probably not for long) guy who simply worked hard and gunned his way into the 3GN shootoff.

Well said.

This!!

This is too hard but I'll play, in no particular order, all are great ambassadors, fun to shoot with, fiercely competitive but in the most friendly way, gentlemen of the highest order, and pass on our sport to whomever they speak, they have supported for many years before it was the game, Running matches, working with sponsors , sharing knowledge, clinics, classes, too much to list. But there are many others that fit that profile as well :cheers:

Bruce Piatt- Kurt Miller- Pat Kelley

jc

Rustin B, because I used to beat him soundly and now Im happy to drive his ammo around!!!! :roflol: Just kidding, but he is a great shooter and great friend.

Jerry M, because he is been doing it so long and is still one of the best out there.

Katie H, because she is 16 and an idol to my daughter.

This is too hard but I'll play, in no particular order, all are great ambassadors, fun to shoot with, fiercely competitive but in the most friendly way, gentlemen of the highest order, and pass on our sport to whomever they speak, they have supported for many years before it was the game, Running matches, working with sponsors , sharing knowledge, clinics, classes, too much to list. But there are many others that fit that profile as well :cheers:

Bruce Piatt- Kurt Miller- Pat Kelley

jc

You just described yourself also. :cheers:

These guys work hard for the sport and are always willing to give a helping hand.

Jeff Cramblit

Pat Kelley

Carl Carbon

Kurt M. - despite his habitual failure to remember my name was Josh and not Jeremy, for the first 3-6 months we shot at matches together roflol.gif, Mr. Miller is one of the most fun gentlemen to shoot with....not to mention that he kicks my ass even when I run an optic.

Doug Johnson & Jamie Foote - 2 guys who have taught me more about 3 Gun than any other shooter and who I still can't beat unless I get lucky bow.gif

Jerry M. - he's the all time all-star....not to mention he's a gentleman and a as Doug already posted, "races to tape"

Edited by GorillaTactical

My picks are Mike Hughes who has been an RO or involved in helping at some level of every major match I've been able to attend from VA to TX, probably others too. Some where he just worked. Pat Kelley for all the same reasons already mentioned, being a gentleman and positive influence wherever he is. And lastly TK who always seems to be the first one with a beer after the last shots are fired, taking match prep to the next level.

My top 2 were easy picks. Pat Kelley and Kurt Miller. True gentlemen and sportsmen. Always willing to give advice and teach. Well spoken and represent the sport very well.

Rustin B is my everyday guy kind of hero. Very nice guy who has worked his ass off to become a top shooter. You have to respect that. Just sitting in the crowd, I got an adrenaline rush when he shot against Horner at Ozark.

Mike Cyrwus nearly became my hero after his speech at AR Multigun...