Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NO JOB

EEH

I retired from the police dept. when I was 48 (9 years ago). Too young to just sit at home so now I work as a substitute teacher at the high school (glorified babysitting job) and looking at running for Municipal Judge next election. Guess I'm a glutton for punishment! :cheers:

Stock boy at age 10, Army at age 17, Air Force age 20, retired age 41 but had to go back to work to pay the bills. Started withdrawing the IRA age 59, Social Security age 62. I really like waking up when I want to, go places when I want to, do things when I want to. Probably go to the shooting range after breakfast, maybe load some ammo or rake the stupid leaves just to get out of the house.

Congratulations... I don't think I'm every going to be able to retire at this rate. My wife and I have pretty much decided it's not going to happen with out economy. But we've set ourselves up to only have to work a couple days a week for the rest of our lives. Once the house is paid off we can scale it back some.

After i hit the $245M powerball this week, I'll be able to join the ranks of the joyfully unemployed as well

Yep, that would just about do it for me too.... It would be hard to adapt to having all that money but I'm willing to put in the time and effort needed to adjust.

Ok. Pat is not retired. He only pretends to be retired.

He just spent 3 hours fixing my C-More Mount.

He works full time as a granddad and gunsmith without much pay.

That's the beauty of being retired!

Let's see, go shoot skeet tomorrow, trap on Thursday, USPSA match on Saturday and then rimfire on Sunday. I hate it I tell you, just hate it!:roflol:

Pat

I have NO reason to hate Mondays anymore!:roflol:

Alan~^~

Alan, Every day is Monday.

I used to tell folks that every day is Friday but then I decided to REALLY piss off the working folks so I started telling them that EVERY day is Monday. I'll be damned, it DOES piss them off!:roflol:

Pat

So you working stiffs know, I'm sitting on my front porch, 69 degrees, working on my second glass of Witches Tit brew from La Cumbra Brewing Company and reading a Keith Douglas book. Life is GOOD!!! Damn nice sunset too!

Pat

Edited by Pat Miles

Hey guy's didn't know I was in such good company,,some of you guys did it early,,all service men,thank you,,all LEO,glad you made it thanks,,(( both jobs coulh have a short life span ))for now I got to go make sure all my stuff is packed to go play with Hopalong this weekend at the MCC,,last I hear we have about 80 shooters..