Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Larue or JP?

HRider

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurley, come get this CTR in my safe and put that new scope of yours on it and play with it. This JP makes me smile, ever time I handle it. It is the finest rifle, that I have ever pulled the trigger on. Even though, I don't pull them very well :lol:

Well gee Pat, J.P. is also "good to Cops" not only does he do L.E. discounts, he also has a program called "We got your back". If you use your J.P. rifle in the line of duty and it is taken as evidence, contact J.P. and they will loan you one just like the one going to court untill yours is released and back to you. Does Noveske do that?? Ahem....NO! It is ok to be brand loyal and I aplaud you for that, but while you are doing that, you seem to go out of your way to run down many fine makers which even in this bad economy STILL support the sport to the tune of donating 4-5 rifles per match plus a ton of parts which Noveske, even durring the good times NEVER did or does. I don't think anyone on this board doesn't know you like Noveske and Geiselle triggers, but lets not keep saying" I would never trust a J.P. trigger cause Mine doubled once", J.P.s kick way more than a Noveske, I would never own a J.P. lightened carrier....etc. We got it. KurtM

I did not mean to give the impression I was down grading JP. Like I said earlier my friends rifle is nice rifle. Also did not know about JP's have your back program or their LEO discount. Thanks for the information. As for the trigger they are exellent and while I prefer Geissele I don't find fault with JP triggers anymore. I did for a time after my negative experience but not anymore. As for the lightened carrier I was very interested in the concept and I even sent you a PM on it and you gave me some good information. I shot my friends the other day to see what a difference it could make. He must have had it adjusted improperly because his did recoil more. Anyway all three brands are good choices in my opinion. I really like Larue's dontations to the sport they donated to the three gun match I held this last summer. Good guys.They sent a certificate for a mount and 35 dillos and 35 dillo bottle openers. While my Stealth is too heavy for the game in my opinion I think the new Predator may be a great choice. I just wish I could get it as an upper only.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

I would never buy anything from Mark Larue, so the decision would be easy for me.

Why not? I don't know him, but he sure donates a lot to the sport, and he makes good gear. At the pro-am he sat down at the table with us and had a good conversation, he was down to earth, it was a little while before we even knew who he was. The free brisket we were eating was most excellent as well.

While my Stealth is too heavy for the game in my opinion I think the new Predator may be a great choice. I just wish I could get it as an upper only.

Pat

Dont hold your breath. I played with a 16" PredatAR at a match last month and it didnt feel much lighter than my 16" Stealth, set up damn near the same (stock and optic), and a site heavier than the 18" or 20" gun I normally shoot. Which is why my previous thread about turning down a Larue barrel was posted (and done today as a matter of fact). Fact is, Larue are GREAT rifles and hellaciously accurate, but starting with the thicker receivers and adding the large diameter barrels might make it a fine instrument for long sustained accurate fire, its still heavy for this GAME we're speaking of.

So yeah, Larue over Noveske hands down, if for no other reason than how good Mark and company are to us (something it pays to remember, thank you very much Mark).

And for the GAME we are referencing in this thread, JP over Larue.

I got to shoot a friend's JP for almost a year. Fantastic gun. I ended up putting nothing but JP parts in my AR and a Sabre Defence barrel. My AR easily shoot 1/2 MOA. The JP shoots 1/3 MOA but that is only due to my scope. A more powerful scope and I could end up 1/4 MOA with the JP.

JP is a huge sponsor of our sports.

While my Stealth is too heavy for the game in my opinion I think the new Predator may be a great choice. I just wish I could get it as an upper only.

Pat

Dont hold your breath. I played with a 16" PredatAR at a match last month and it didnt feel much lighter than my 16" Stealth, set up damn near the same (stock and optic), and a site heavier than the 18" or 20" gun I normally shoot. Which is why my previous thread about turning down a Larue barrel was posted (and done today as a matter of fact). Fact is, Larue are GREAT rifles and hellaciously accurate, but starting with the thicker receivers and adding the large diameter barrels might make it a fine instrument for long sustained accurate fire, its still heavy for this GAME we're speaking of.

So yeah, Larue over Noveske hands down, if for no other reason than how good Mark and company are to us (something it pays to remember, thank you very much Mark).

And for the GAME we are referencing in this thread, JP over Larue.

Off topic but how do you like your Stealth now that its turned down? I do like Larue and I use his mounts on nearly all my rifles. They are the best out there in my opinion. He also does a nice LEO discount.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

I have never seen Noveske support 3-gun. I have never seen any of their products on a prize table, I have never seen them sponsor a stage etc.

This is one time I'll disagree with you Kurt. Noveske donated 3 of their new lowers to the Topton Team 3 Gun this year. I know, my team won them.

That said, JP's support of the sport is phenomenal.

I would never buy anything from Mark Larue, so the decision would be easy for me.

Why not? I don't know him, but he sure donates a lot to the sport, and he makes good gear. At the pro-am he sat down at the table with us and had a good conversation, he was down to earth, it was a little while before we even knew who he was. The free brisket we were eating was most excellent as well.

I don't think you want to open up that can of worms. It has been made clear that people can not speak their mind when it comes to this topic. So the best way to say it is that people who actually follow things will never spend money with him or his company. It is probably best to leave it at that.

Edited by bpipe95

Glad to HEAR that they are starting to do something, but like I said I had never SEEN it, and I get to lot,s of matches. Kurt

They are relatively new to the three gun game give it some time. The good news is there are a fair number of good choices for someone wanting a high end three gun rifle. JP, Noveske, Firebird, Larue can all be good choices depending on the users tastes. More choices are good.

Pat

I don't think you want to open up that can of worms. It has been made clear that people can not speak their mind when it comes to this topic. So the best way to say it is that people who actually follow things will never spend money with him or his company. It is probably best to leave it at that.

Funny how that works. Reminds me of how some things get done in this country, we all look at who gives the money and don't care how big of an ass they may be.

Funny how that works. Reminds me of how some things get done in this country, we all look at who gives the money and don't care how big of an ass they may be.

Many of us have a far different opinon of Mark Larue than you do. Obviously your opinion is subjective. What I care about the most when I spend my money is quality. Mark Larue's products deliver that. After that I look at how well they support the sport or my profession. Every Larue product I own has been great. He has also supported my efforts here in Alaska at hosting three gun matches with donations that he did not have to give. I have seen him send free equipment to soldiers in the field as well. He is a good man.

Pat

It is funny isn't it, how when some people get called out on their completely inappropriate emails will continue to excuse their poor behavior all the while repetitively badmouthing a vendor.

It reminds me of how things get done in this country, like the time Mark Larue received a call and rush shipped an Army unit a full set of mounts, rails, and gear for their rifles while they were in country. Even though the unit had set up payment the box on the invoice where the cost should have been simply said "go kill bad guys".......ya, that guy is an ass, I'll never buy anything from him. :rolleyes:

If you are looking for a cheap alternative to a JP15 buy a cheap forged upper/lower and put JP barrel, Trigger, etc on it. It will save u about $400-500.

Another good option is the new Stag Arms Model 3G. It is the most bang for your buck in an off the shelf 3 gun rifle.

I REALLLY want to get my hands on one of those stag units. I am a huge fan of their products and have gone to using their receivers and BCG's on all builds I do. I ma just itching for them to start selling the 3g barrel on it's own. :)

Edited by bpipe95

Give Jim a call at Firebird. Very high quality, very supportive of 3gun and one hell of a good guy. Check in the vendor section.

I've never met Jim but his builds are solid!

I've been meaning to give you a shout to see how that rifle is shooting!

Shot a friends JP after the match today. His gun is nice but it recoiled more than my Noveske. I was hoping it would move less off the target due to its low mass operating system but that was not the case. Perhaps he had it adjusted wrong. We both have 18 inch guns. He has an adjustable gas system. Mine may be a touch heavier. His is about .5 to .75 moa and mine is about .75 to 1 moa. I preferred mine after shooting his and mine with my ammo. So I would say get a Noveske. Cheaper too. I would like to do a build with a JP barrel. I also have a Larue 20 inch Stealth and its a beast for three gun too heavy. So given the choice between just a Larue and JP for this game I would go JP. Another friend of mine was on the fence about which rifle to buy that is why we had both rifles there after the match. He decided to go with the Noveske.

ThreegunRogueHunter.jpg

LarueStealth.jpg

Pat

I also shot Pats rifle and his buddies JP that day. Pats rifle shot flatter and had less recoil. His buddies rifle was making an awful springy sound though.

I wish I could put that SJC comp on a JP rifle!

Edited by cworks