Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flame War 02-28-03

3quartertime

I'm with ya TL,  trucks should be big and ugly.  Cars should ride like cars,  trucks should ride like trucks.  Big mud flaps with chromed naked chicks should be required over seatbelts.  Gun racks should be standard equipment.  ( Even if you just hang your extra hat on it )

Truck tires should be big meaty muthers.  Light truck tires should be banned annnnnnnnd when are smoke stacks gonna come back for pick-ups!!!

Quote: from Wakal on 7:07 am on Feb. 28, 2003

I hate people who think that by adding a tall spoiler and a $9.99 "Ground Effects By Ronco" kit, combined with a large "Performance" sticker, that their retardmobile is now a sports car.

you know what they say, big wing....short shifter

Yeah Wakal and invariably they've got "driving lights" that they leave on all of the time (I REALLY hate that).  

Let's not forget the "people" that drive 40 MPH in the mildly curvy section of the mountain highway only to speed up to 75 when you're trying to get by them at a passing lane!  Those that refuse to keep up with the flow of traffic in the name of safety are putting the rest of us at risk.

Being in a bad mood makes this much easier....

1. Punks in "hopped up Hondas". Big mufflers,bass speakers,goofy looking top-fuel style wings and a half-assed body kit does not a race car make.

2. People who think L10 should be a single stack division. Just what this sport needs is ANOTHER special interest group. Instead of crying about the size of the mag well...practice those reloads.

What this world needs is to focus a LITTLE BIT more on the differences between the "haves" and the "have nots" and tip the scale towards the have nots just a LITTLE bit more because they're disadvantaged ( tongue in cheek).

(Edited by Chuck D at 2:15 pm on Feb. 28, 2003)

I hate dimwits who think Toyota Tacomas are Japanese and who think Harley Davidson FXLMNOPs are American. It's 2003 and there's a world economy. Parts are sourced from all over the world, and they aren't neccessarily assembled in a single country. If you hate Japanese people or their products so much, put up or shut up and take all their parts out of your so-called American iron. If you've got anything left, you're lucky if it will roll, let alone start and run.

I hate the idea of an illegal gun, an illegal person, an illegal "something." Only the actions of an individual should be considered.

I hate it when I can't communicate with another person.

(Edited by Erik Warren at 11:48 am on Feb. 28, 2003)

I hate the increase in the price of gas. You really notice it when you drive a 4wd V10 2500 Dodge Ram. Little rice burners that try to out run it at lights are also very annoying. Don't even get me started on people who pull out in front of me!!!

I love to remind people that over 1/2 the light truck transmissions used by GM are made by Isuzu in Japan.  As well as most of the parts for the DuraMax Diesel (its a Isuzu design folks).

I hate when people give me crap (namely my brother) about buying a "foriegn car", specifically my Isuzu Trooper.  But, I love to tell them my 02 Trooper has more cargo room than an 03 Hummer H2, for less than 1/2 the cost.  So what if I can't climb a 40 degree incline, BFD.  The only 40 degree inclines in Indiana are obscured by trees and the others are in coal mines and gravel pits, 3 places I don't need to drive anyway.

If you want an American built product, buy a Honda Passport, Isuzu Rodeo or any Subauru except the WRX, all of which are made in West Lafayette, INDIANA!!!  Lord knows those non-union factory workers would appreciate your business.

I HATE it when I say a link to this fourm posted on Glocktalk, USPSA Guestbook or the like!!!!!!!  99% of the people on Glocktalk have no idea what they are talking about, and think all aftermarket parts wil make your gun jam. My gun would work WITHOUT aftermarket parts!

OK, feel better now...................

Erik, of course it is the action that defines legality or illegality. A given firearm might be legally posessed by one person, but not by another. Certain drugs may be legally posessed under some circumstances but not under others. A person of foreign birth might legally enter this country, or might enter this country without proper permission and thus break some laws. It is the action (of posession, of entering the country) that is illegal. However, under circumstances where a law has been or is being broken I have no problem referring to something as illegal (illegal guns, illegal drugs, illegal aliens).  What? am I supposed to say "a foreign born person who appears to have entered this country without proper permission" just so I don't offend your delicate sensibilities? Pooh!

I'm with Chuck D. We need to do something to narrow the gap between the haves' and the have nots'. After all, the government is only taking about 1/3 of my income right now and giving it away to people too d*mn lazy to work or too d*mn stupid to do anything worth paying them for. Those poor people can barely afford to feed their 8 children. Of course the rest of us are buying their health insurance and paying for their education so that if they do make any money they can spend it on color TV's and beer. I don't need as much money as I make and obviously don't deserve to have it. Take half of it and give it to the morons and indolent. Then they can afford to buy new cars and cocaine too.

[/bitter sarcastic mode off]

Flame ON

(Edited by jkmccoy at 3:10 pm on Feb. 28, 2003)

Quote: from BigDave on 2:23 pm on Feb. 28, 2003

I love to tell them my 02 Trooper has more cargo room than an 03 Hummer H2, for less than 1/2 the cost

As an employee of GM, a TRULY American car company that saved the U.S. economy after 9/11 (where was Isuzu and Subuaru then???), saying the H2 lacks cargo room is your reason for buying a Trooper, you missed the point, and I can;t expalin it to you. And its not about the cost. You either get it, or you don't.

By the way, yes, GM does have partnerships with Toyota, Subaru, etc. and ownership in Isuzu, and owns wholly SAAB..... its a "Global Economy" now  

As an employee of GM, a TRULY American car company that saved the U.S. economy after 9/11 (where was Isuzu and Subuaru then???), saying the H2 lacks cargo room is your reason for buying a Trooper, you missed the point, and I can;t expalin it to you. And its not about the cost. You either get it, or you don't.

I bought the Trooper b/c its a damn fine vehicle.  One of the perks is that I can tell people that it has more cargo room than a $55,000 H2.  Like it or not, its the truth.

I'm sorry, but every auto manufacturer under the sun after 9/11 was giving 0% financing.  The auto industry as a whole played a big part in trying to keep the US economy above water.  

BTW - all my previous cars, except my first (81 VW Rabbit, Deisel) are Ford or GM, namely a Mustang, Caprice, Monte Carlo, Silverado, Camaro.  I spend my $$ at home.

I hate waiting for this damned war to start.  Everybody is on pins and needles.  Nobody will spend any frigging money until they see what's going to happen, even though the outcome is a foregone conclusion.  Either let's start blasting the crap out of Iraq or bring the boys home and forget about the whole damn thing.  Enough of the circle jerk.

I hate traitors - especially those who are volunteering to be "human shields" for Iraq.  I don't give a damn what you think of the war or of the U.S., collaboration with the enemy is an absolute wrong.  Collaborators should automatically have their citizenship revoked.  Period.  No one should be able to play both sides of the fence.  

I hate people who hate Japanese cars simply because they are Japanese.  My Subaru is the best car I've ever owned.  I've only had to put $500 into repairs (due to an accident) over the nearly 9 years and 180,000 miles.  I plan to drive it until it dies - probably about 75,000 miles from now.  

"American" car lovers:  stuff that in your pipe and smoke it.

I hate the H2...it's not a Hummer.  The H2 is based on the Yukon chassis.  The original Hummer would only go 67 mph, but it would go 67 mph up a 40% incline, through a wall, or down a river.

I hate a SUV's with leather seats, TV for the kiddies,  and fold up running boards or any other vehicle made urban "extreme" types.  

I hate waiting for this damned war to start.  Everybody is on pins and needles.  Nobody will spend any frigging money until they see what's going to happen, even though the outcome is a foregone conclusion.

I thought he was talking about the Friday Flame War...

Quote: from Erik Warren on 2:14 pm on Feb. 28, 2003

I hate waiting for this damned war to start.  Everybody is on pins and needles.  Nobody will spend any frigging money until they see what's going to happen, even though the outcome is a foregone conclusion.

I thought he was talking about the Friday Flame War...

(Master of the Obvious Mode ON)

Nope!  I'm talking Baghdad or bust.  I hope Colin Powell and his pals know just how much financial damage his new resolution is causing.  People are getting pissed.  Any more of this crap and even Republicans are going to be so resentful that Bush won't have a war bubble to campaign on - it'll be a war vacuum.  

Stupid!!!!! Stupid!!!! Stupid!!!!!!

I'm also pissed that our Army is so slow, bloated, and ridiculous that it takes 6-8 months to mobilize it to go anywhere or do anything.  God help us if we're ever invaded.  It'd take the f'ing Army 2 months to go from Texas to New York.  

I hate the Military and our government for cutting training funds so drastically that ammunition is now rationed for training.  How in the hell did we end up rationing the one thing we should get a discount on for buying in bulk!!!!  When my Dad when in the service, they gave him ammunition by the wheelbarrow full.  I still have probably 50 lbs of it left over.  We couldn't shoot it all.  Ironically, my Dad was in the freakin' AIR FORCE, and an officer of all things.  The only guns he ever carried were revolvers.  Even more ironically, I've spent more trigger time behind my AR than a lot of Army platoons these days.  

I weep for our future should we ever meet a worthy adversary.

I'm with Jim E.  I just cringe when I hear, "I'm safe from a ban, I don't have any new-fangled assault rifles."  Yeah, like that's gonna save you from irrational fear mongering.