Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flame War 02-28-03

3quartertime

I hate nepotism, especially when the person is put in charge of my department and then on the first day lose a multi million dollar contract, because they treated the customer like a hillbilly from the back woods, the fact that the customer dresses like one has no bearing on the subject.

I also hate resisiting the urge to take him up to the roof (former new boss) and tossing him off....just kidding, he isn't worth the effort, they transferred him to accounting.

I hate our wimpy *ss Republican Senators who have yet to figure out that they are in control and are letting the Dem's set the agenda; especially with the Miguel Estada nomination.  I wanted the Republicans in charge to get President Bush's judicial nominations in place and now they are talking about backing off and letting the Dem's have their way.  Make them filibuster from now until doomsday if that it what it takes.  If they give up now it will be harder to get any other nomination through.  They also need to learn to play just as dirty as the other side.  Go on TV, radio, newspapers whatever and call them racists for not supporting a qualified judge just because he is a conservative.

Also I hate the court that says that the "Pledge of Allegiance" is unconstintutional just because of the words "one nation under God"  What are these idiots thinking?  Oh thats right I forgot they are unable to make intelligent thoughts.

i hate people how think an inch of snow is a foot.

i hate slow drivers if you cann't drive the speed limit get off the road.

i hate that diesel is a buck 80 a gallon. it cost me 50 bucks to fill up today.

Quote: from EricW on 2:41 pm on Feb. 28, 2003

I hate traitors - especially those who are volunteering to be "human shields" for Iraq.  I don't give a damn what you think of the war or of the U.S., collaboration with the enemy is an absolute wrong.  Collaborators should automatically have their citizenship revoked.  Period.  No one should be able to play both sides of the fence.  

I see this as a self solving problem, drop the bombs...no more traitors

In response to the original post ... Yes, tis true how movies influence some people.  Ever since the release of 'The Fast and the Furious', I have seen an explosion in the ricer population.  I have a hard time explaining that the fart pipe and wings are no match for this :

http://www.unleashed-ls1.com (An 11 sec daily driven ride...)  

They just have to see the 10 car length gap at 3/4 throttle for themselves.... and if by chance it happens to be a mid 9 second spooled Supra on giggle juice... well that's what big tires on the Tahoe are for

You can catch a glimpse at the inner workings of a ricer's mind here :

http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~attse/honduh.htm

Yes, here, hold my beer while I run my friend's motorcycle into the side of the house because the brake on the Triumph was on the opposite side as the Honda. How f'n embarrassing. Been there done that.

3quarter Time : Hehe Danke .. I'm sure everyone has had humorous experiences while 'partaking in the spirits'

ShooterGrrl: Sorry, I sometimes have a hard time changing lingo from computer geek to gearhead to Ted Nugent mode...  

[sarcasm Mode On]

Translation:

Yes, I too find the 'ricer' (think accessorized import) movement annoying.  Auto shops in town have boomed because of all the 16 year olds expecting to get racecar performance out of an engine that has less displacement than my riding lawnmower.    (The boom was most likely inspired by a movie called 'The Fast and the Furious')  According to those that I have spoken to, the theory behind going fast is the addition of aftermarket cosmetic alterations and an exhaust pipe that resembles a coffee can.  While the aftermarket exhaust will provide a negligable performance gain... the rest of the modifications are merely cosmetic.  (Think trying to duplicate .44mag ballistics with a .357mag by merely changing primers... Or am I really going to mow the lawn twice as fast by changing the muffler out?)  In response to the ridiculous claims, I take a V8 powered vehicle that puts out close to 450hp to the rear wheels (enough power to let it travel 1320ft in around 11.5 seconds - the average honda does it in about 19-20seconds) and smoke the  them.  In the unlikely event that they are driving an import car that could actually beat me, I have a 4x4 that can drive on top of the car instead of outrunning it...  In essence, the last link was a satire illustrating the mindset of a 'ricer'...

Glossary:

Fart Pipe - Exhaust pipe installed on an import car that produces a sound very similar to ... well ... a fart.

Wings - Cosmetic addition resembling a airplane wing attached to the  trunklid that provides the 'essential downforce' required to keep the rear tires planted at the insane speeds the vehicle will be traveling at.

"x" second ride - Amount of time in seconds that a certain vehicle will travel the quarter mile.

"y" car lengths - Amount of lead measured in car lengths that a vehicle will be ahead of the other in a race.

Spooled - Think hairdryer blowing air into your engine for improved performance.

Giggle Juice - A gas that acts as a catalyist with the fuel and air burning in the engine to improve performance also pronounced "NAAAWWWSSS" by ricers.

[sarcasm Mode Off]  

No offense intended to those that don't speak car'ese, but I do find the reckless driving of 'ricers' in my area to be a nuisance at best - giving them the right to be made fun of.  

Doug:

That's the 9th. Circuit Court of Appeals. The MOST overturned court of appeals in the Nation.

Make no mistake regarding the "pledge" ruling, that will be overturned by the Supreme Court as well.

The 9th. Circuit Court of Appeals...where Justice is TRULY blind.

Quote: from Flexmoney on 12:35 am on Mar. 1, 2003

I hate that the Iraq situation is referred to as "Bush's War".  

Clinton and crew caused this mess through their lack of (insert numerous things here).

Now somebody has to clean it up.

I'm not about to defend Clinton, but it was Bush #1 who decided that the ground war should cease after 100 hours, leaving Saddam in power. History has proven that to be a gross miscalculation. We should have gone to Bahgdad the first time. The inspection and containment policy of the Clinton years has proven not to be the solution either, just as today's United Nation position won't resolve the issue.

The world is on the verge of making a pivotal change over this issue. I hope that history treats it as a change that fullfilled the promise of a better future.

God bless the men and women of our armed forces, and bring them home safely.