Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mossberg and Benelli 3 gun shotgun release dates?

JamesY

I would like to get into 3 gun and currently am only lacking a shotgun. I have a Saiga 12 but don't want to shoot open. Anyway, I'd like to buy something by Jan 2012. I hear Mossberg and Benelli are both coming out with shotguns tailored to this sport. Does anyone know when they might hit the stores? If I can't get one by Jan 2012, then I'm thinking of just getting a Benelli Vinci, M2 or SLP. My budget is around $2k so that gives me a good range of who to send the gun to for reliability/tuning. It'd be a lot easier if I can get the same performance out of the box but I don't want to wait too long.

With a 2K budget you could just contact a competent smith and have him not only procure the shotgun for you but have him procure it and customize it with what YOU want. I believe most can get you a Benelli M2 ready to go for your budget. I wouldn't wait for the 3 gun shotguns to be released. Chances are you will be making changes anyway, why wait!

I would probably call up Benny Hill and tell him your dilemma. I'm sure he can fix you up with an awesome shotgun within your budget and I hear his turn-around time is great. If I had to do it all over ( or when I get my next one), that's what I'm doing. Good luck...

I would like to get into 3 gun and currently am only lacking a shotgun. I have a Saiga 12 but don't want to shoot open. Anyway, I'd like to buy something by Jan 2012. I hear Mossberg and Benelli are both coming out with shotguns tailored to this sport. Does anyone know when they might hit the stores? If I can't get one by Jan 2012, then I'm thinking of just getting a Benelli Vinci, M2 or SLP. My budget is around $2k so that gives me a good range of who to send the gun to for reliability/tuning. It'd be a lot easier if I can get the same performance out of the box but I don't want to wait too long.

The Custom shop (Salient) Benellis are listed at $2900, so $2k wont even get you close.

I'd call Benny instead.

I'd like to know when the new 3-gun ready shotguns are supposed to come out as well. I'm not in a rush to buy anything and have a much smaller budget... I've heard after SHOT sometime, but when will they actually be available? After that or before that??? I guess only time will tell

I'd like to know when the new 3-gun ready shotguns are supposed to come out as well. I'm not in a rush to buy anything and have a much smaller budget... I've heard after SHOT sometime, but when will they actually be available? After that or before that??? I guess only time will tell

You gonna get a $2900 Benelli now? I have a decent M1 that I'll sell for way less than that :P

The Custom shop (Salient) Benellis are listed at $2900, so $2k wont even get you close.

I'd call Benny instead.

The $2k applied if I were to not wait and buy now. If the new Benelli is really worth more, then I may have to adjust ;)

You gonna get a $2900 Benelli now? I have a decent M1 that I'll sell for way less than that :P

The new benelli can't be that much.... lol then again, you never know what they dream up...

The new benelli can't be that much.... lol then again, you never know what they dream up...

At the RockcastlemProAm the Benelli guys said that the custom shop M2's are going to run around $2K when they come out. Things could still change, but that was straight from the horses mouth! I didn't ask about a release date as I am happy with my current M2.

Buy a std 21" Benelli M2 Field, even if you have to place it on order (it took Able Ammo 3 months to get mine this year), put a Nordic Components xtended tube on it, buy cases of shotshells and practice both shooting and loading. Don't get wrapped up in 3 gun specific shotguns, there is nothing specific/special about them except price. Good shooting!

Buy a std 21" Benelli M2 Field, even if you have to place it on order (it took Able Ammo 3 months to get mine this year), put a Nordic Components xtended tube on it, buy cases of shotshells and practice both shooting and loading. Don't get wrapped up in 3 gun specific shotguns, there is nothing specific/special about them except price. Good shooting!

I have a 21" M2 Field and a 24" Salient. The sum of the differences makes them incomparable. I won't go as far to say you need a Salient, however, the modified guns are valid and run a grat deal better than the stockers.

I have a 21" M2 Field and a 24" Salient. The sum of the differences makes them incomparable. I won't go as far to say you need a Salient, however, the modified guns are valid and run a grat deal better than the stockers.

I don't disagree with you but my point was that for someone just getting into the 3-gun sport, don't get too hung up in the equipment side ;)

What makes a Benelli shotgun a 3-gun shotgun? All of the modifications below are not required but are nice and others are not needed. With the below mods you are around $500 over the cost of the gun.

$25 Extended bolt handle?

$45 Extended lifter gate?

$80 Extended mag tube?

$14 Extended bolt release?

$25 Hiviz front sight

$12 Ruger OEM 10/22 rear sight

$300 Milled/lightened bolt and mill the load port?

free-Modified bolt for ghost loading?

• 2 weeks later...

What makes a Benelli shotgun a 3-gun shotgun? All of the modifications below are not required but are nice and others are not needed. With the below mods you are around $500 over the cost of the gun.

$25 Extended bolt handle?

$45 Extended lifter gate?

$80 Extended mag tube?

$14 Extended bolt release?

$25 Hiviz front sight

$12 Ruger OEM 10/22 rear sight

$300 Milled/lightened bolt and mill the load port?

free-Modified bolt for ghost loading?

Well under budget and having fun right now!

post-19096-0-96600200-1319062714_thumb.j

Edited by RC Parker