Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BRM3G 2012 -- Moving to the third weekend in October

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome match. Thanks to the Horners and all the ROs and match staff. What a physical match. 3 guns on 9 stages. What a great time.

Big shout out to all the sponsors as well. The support of 3gun sport is incredible! These matches are must attend!!!!!!

Edited by shooterready

Congratulations to the Miculek's!!! If I read the scores correctly they all won their divisions!!

Jerry: Match Winner, HOA, Open Division

Kay: High Lady, Open division

Lena: High Lady, Tactical Scoped

The Miculeks are awesome!!! But, I'm afraid Diana Liedorff squeaked by with 3 extra points on Kay for Top Open Lady!!!!

Both Kay and Dianna are pretty impressive shooters!!!

Go Ladies!!! :cheers:

Thanks to all the hardworking RO's. it's not an easy match but it's a lot of fun and it can teach you a lot of lessons fast. My body, my weapons and my gears were really pushed in this match. I'd work to be a stronger and faster shooter on next years BRMG3G. Thanks Andy, Miss Tammy and to all of the staffs.

Raymond Tan

Congratulations to the Miculek's!!! If I read the scores correctly they all won their divisions!!

The Miculeks are awesome!!! But, I'm afraid Diana Liedorff squeaked by with 3 extra points on Kay for Top Open Lady!!!!

Might want to check that again. Unless the final scores on Practiscore have change, Kay shot 876 and Dianna shot 874.

Jack

Edited by Jack T

Might want to check that again. Unless the final scores on Practiscore have change, Kay shot 876 and Dianna shot 874.

Jack

That's combined. Not Open. In Open Dianna 933, Kay 931.

The combined scores are just one 100% per stage, and that can cause switches because of who won each stage and which division they shot!

At least that's what practiscore says!

Denise

BRM3G is probably my favorite 3-gun match to shoot, especially now when the weather finally played along so we could finish all days. :)

The stages were very well-thought through with plenty of opportunities to crash and burn if you werent on top of your game and gear.

Thanks to Andy, the ROs, the sponsors, the guys in squad 1 and everyone else that helped make it the awesome match it was! See you all again next year!

This was not only the best BRM3G yet, I think it is probably my favorite match of the near two dozen I've shot in the last 4 years. I love shooting for 2 minutes or more on each stage, I love gasping for air while shooting medium range rifle, and I love dealing w/ natural terrain. I think this year had the most challenging stages, yet ran on time!

Thank you to Andy and Tammy, Mike, Brett, Paul, Rockcastle, DPMS, Bushnell, and all the other sponsors. Thanks to Ken and Practiscore for coming up w/ a simple and solid scoring system.

Thanks to Brian Vaught and Andrew Dreher for making stage 7 (goat path from hell) run on time. Thanks to Bob Hundley and the other RO's who shot stage 7 before us for figuring out the only way to make this stage work w/ reset.

Thank you to all the shooters who worked as hard as needed to reset the stages, with smiles on their faces.

And a final thank you to Andrew Barnes at Barnes Precision for the kick ass rifle I pulled off the prize table.

Edited by Bryan 45

Well, all stages torn down and trucks and trailers loaded. Just in time to lick wounds and pay bills here before I head out tomorrow. Need to head to Texas for the Walking Dead Match.

I can't thank Andy and Tammy enough for their hard work. Rock Castle is a good chunk of ground and the staff is very accommodating to help.

See you guys next year,

Busyhawk

16hr drive home & worth every mile I agree with Brian - The Best BRM3G yet- even though I could see how much of it was "Dumbed Down" to keep from having to send ROs in in Waves to keep from killing them. Just doing my part to tape and reset wore me down.

I think Andy and Crew reached something close to a near perfect balance on target presentation, and still keep the "Andy Factor" challenging the shooter to prepare better next time.

The ... <_< 'Atmosphere' for the lack of a better term was at the top of the scale for every stage every day. :bow:

The Andy Factor I love it

Jamie

:sight: I did get just a bit of a chuckle out of the ROs shooting a stage on Wednesday. Coming -Up Range- from the starting /stageing area to tell me I was "in the way" OK , what-eva That seams to be a tradition ;)

Edited by AlamoShooter

First let me thank Andy for doing this match for a 5th time! As always the sponsors did a great job supporting the match!

To Bryan, you're welcome, I just wish I could have figured out a way to shoot it better.

To all the shooters, this was my 4th year as an RO for BRM3G and I say this was the best group of shooters I've ever seen at a match. Everyone was eager to set and paste and no matter what the call was I had to make they took the bad news like true professionals. As the CRO for stage 4 (the tunnel), I got to see just about everything I think is possible at a match, some of it was very entertaining! :roflol:

For the Dutchguy from squad 1, when you took your tumble down the field I was amazed by the muzzle awareness and trigger finger placement(not on the trigger). I feel bad that you got hurt on my stage, but you handled the gun better than I've ever seen while falling!

Just a general note to all. I've always heard how physically hard the BRM3G is, and I used to complain just like everyone else. Never again, as this year I had the Honor to RO a couple wounded warriors from Task Force Dagger. Those guys made it past every obstical in the match and did it with style and with a smile on their face.

I'm looking forward to doing it again next year!

Bob

Thanks for the compliment Bob. Although owning guns in the Netherlands can be quite a challenge, safety is the most important thing we learn. Today I'm flying back to the Netherlands and I might just check with the docter tomorrow to see if something is really wrong with my ankle. Ankle and foot have all the colors of the rainbow right now and my shoe barely fits. But, I finished the match, I'm not last in my class and I had a great time!

I woke up Sunday morning with a DPMS 308 SASS in my bed....anyone know anything about this????? What a party!!!! :)

Thank You DPMS for the raffle gun! She a keeper!!!!

Thanks to all the match sponsors! Awesome prize table that never stops to amaze me. Thank you Staff and RO's! It takes a small army to make one of these matches happen each and everyone of you deserve a huge WELL DONE.

Andy, good move on moving the match to Oct. great weather and beautiful fall colors to look at when I didnt want to look at my score sheet.

Thanks to Rockcastle staff and the Nobles. You are THE shooting destination in my book, see you soon.

Always good to see old friends and make new ones, squad 15 was great!

And finally I would like to thank D Powers on his fantastic job as the TFD auctioneer. If your current position plays out I think you might have a new career opportunity ahead of you, HIT!!!!

Anyone have a link for the photo's that were taken at the match?

I asked the photographer (Mr. Oxley) the same question on Saturday afternoon. He said they expected to make those photos available and we should check the BRM3G website for more info in a few days.

Many thanks to Andy and crew - you did a fantastic job. What a great match! Only my 3rd match ever and what a blast. RO's were friendly, on the ball and everything ran smoothly. Really fun stages with plenty of interesting rifle work. Can't wait to come back!

Well it has been two days and my feet still hurt. Thank God I bought a new pair of good trail running shoes before this match. Now they are well used.

This match was what I expected. It was my 4th BRM3 (shooting and ROing) and I would agree that one could agrue it was the best.

Thanks to all the folks that put this match together. Congrats to the winners. thanks to the sponsors.

The Nobles and Rockcastle as a place are both a big part of what makes this match what it is. This place and the people who are there have become part of its character.