Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40 s&w bullets

D roc

Wondering what yalls favorite 40 bullet. I have finally used up my collection of laser cast bullets and won't be trying bare lead again because of the warnings and fear at kaboom in my glock. I have about 100 Rainers left and need to make a order of bulk 40's soon.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondering what yalls favorite 40 bullet. I have finally used up my collection of laser cast bullets and won't be trying bare lead again because of the warnings and fear at kaboom in my glock. I have about 100 Rainers left and need to make a order of bulk 40's soon.

Bayou, green rocks.

They are on my list to get at some point. Precision black bullets were but while shooting today a buddy had a problem. I think it's bc he was loading with clays and some of his rounds were being loaded to hot.

185gr Precison Moly or 180gr BayouBullet. I'd recommend the Bayou for guns other than STI/SVI. Your gun will be cleaner after shooting the Bayou's than before, no smoke, no gray fingers, and no dodo in the barrel. They have proven to be very accurate out of my gun.

185gr Precison Moly or 180gr BayouBullet. I'd recommend the Bayou for guns other than STI/SVI. Your gun will be cleaner after shooting the Bayou's than before, no smoke, no gray fingers, and no dodo in the barrel. They have proven to be very accurate out of my gun.

Do you not like BayouBullets for STI/SVI ? I ask because I am about to buy bullets for these.

Thanks

Edited by Trader

Looks like I will buy some bayou. I was thinking most people would be saying MG. I'm guess glocks will push this through a OEM barrel with no problem. Any powder that I need to stay away from with this bullet?

I use 180 grain bayou on top of 4.8 grains of V320. Loaded to 1.18 inches in my STI. I am very pleased.

I use 155 grain MG for my steel load, and they are cleaner, but the bayous are the next best thing in my opinion.

I've used BBI, bare lead, and some other moly bullets. Bayou are much cleaner and less smoky for me.

I like Precision Delta 180gr a lot. I've also used Black Bullets and they were good too. A little smokey making Major PF with Titegroup. I've also used Berry plated and won't use them again.