Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40 s&w bullets

D roc

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Between the 180 and the 165, which do you prefer for Minor loads? Why so?

Cheers

If money ain't much of an issue I like and use 180gr. XTP-HP also. 180gr. MG has worked good for me, Rainier 180gr. HP & 165gr are what I use if I need a quick batch to punch holes in paper targets....

180fr. Cause it runs smoother with less recoil! But I do load long also..

I tried rainiers in my glock and couldn't get them to run. I have been using xtreme bullets and haven't had any issues.

I had the same experience a few years ago, trying to use 180 gr. Rainier plated bullets in my Glock 20.

Different cartridge (10mm), but it struck me that I also could not get the darn things to run. They were constantly misfeeding, getting jammed up against the chamber roof.

I had pretty much the same problem with some 220 gr. plated bullets (West Coast Bullet brand) in the same gun. I tried everything imaginable to get the gun to run: new 10mm brass, variations on powder charge, taper crimp, cartridge overall length, different recoil spring, you name it. It simply wouldn't work. Had pretty much exactly the same problem as with the 180 gr. Rainiers.

Are you using the plated Xtreme bullets, or one of their cast lead offerings? After going through all the misery trying to get plated bullets to work in my Glock 20, I finally found some cast 170 gr. cast lead bullets that make it run like a top.