Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Alabama Sectional Championship (Pistol)

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drove down on Friday to shoot. What a fun match! Almost all of the stages were running and gunning... my favorite thing to do. I will be back next year.

Kudos to the match staff for a smooth time and thanks to the guys and gals that spend the extra time to volunteer and run these matches.

It was a great time. Did anyone notice stage 9 was shot different on Friday vs Saturday ? It wouldn't change my score. Sat stage they were having to shoot tru a barrel to have the same shot as Fridays shooters? Still great match. Thanks to everyone for a challenging match. See you next year.

Having to or choosing to? You could see that target from the far right where you started.

It was a great time. Did anyone notice stage 9 was shot different on Friday vs Saturday ? It wouldn't change my score. Sat stage they were having to shoot tru a barrel to have the same shot as Fridays shooters? Still great match. Thanks to everyone for a challenging match. See you next year.

We spent a lot of time debating whether to go to the right or shoot through the barrel both Friday afternoon and Saturday. I didn't see any difference in the stage layout itself on Sat vs. Friday that changed that choice. Barrels were declared soft cover on both days. From what I saw shooters had the same choice on both days.

Based on our conversation with the RO Friday afternoon, it was late in the day Fri. before any shooters decided to try shooting through instead of going R. When we looked Fri there were only about 10-15 holes in the barrel. When we got to the stage on Sat it looked like it had been peppered pretty good.

Yeah I shot that stage in 22 with TT shooting it in 19 I can live with that :-). Anyway I don't think I lost much by going into that corner to get the better shot than trying to shoot the head or through the barrel.

I wish I could have been there. Looks like a lot of our local talent did well. Congrats Corey!!! Shaun, It looks like you did alright for yourself. As did Chris and Colin.

Edited by dcarter

Soon to be GM...

Nice match Corey!

I wish I could have been there. Looks like a lot of our local talent did well. Congrats Corey!!! Shaun, It looks like you did alright for yourself. As did Chris and Colin.

Yeah, there was some confusion with USPSA and one of the local clubs here with the classifiers last month. If I did my math right I'll be GM in production also.

Thanks for the compliments. I've been trying to upload video to youtube all day with no luck....:angry2:

Once again a great match thanks to Mark and all the staff for a very well run match. Squad 1 was a great bunch to shoot with no one sat around when it was time to reset the stages and it made for a great day. See y'all next year.

Yeah I shot that stage in 22 with TT shooting it in 19 I can live with that :-). Anyway I don't think I lost much by going into that corner to get the better shot than trying to shoot the head or through the barrel.

And TT shot it going to the Right. BM shot it through the barrels, and ended up with a miss.

MK

And TT shot it going to the Right. BM shot it through the barrels, and ended up with a miss.

MK

Silly Cajuns :roflol:

Would love to see videos of those guys.

I have a buddy of mine that lives in bama and he said he got to run the stages at two local matches before the match.

Thanks to Mark and all the rest that put this match on!! There is SOOOOO much work that goes into these. Hope ya'll get some well deserved rest! Had an awesome time, great folks. Met some new friends, saw some ol' friends. Can't wait to shoot it again next year! See everyone in May at the MS Classic!!

I have a buddy of mine that lives in bama and he said he got to run the stages at two local matches before the match.

He may have shot some matches that attempted to set up some of the stages as the diagrams were posted online (as all major matches do) for everyone to see...I know one match was fairly close in the set up while the other was not. I have also viewed some you tube videos of a club in Indiana that set up some variations of the stages for their local match also....nothing new about this concept. For the past 4 years I have used stage diagrams from the upcoming major matches for my local matches, saves time by not having to create stages as someone has already completed them for me....then again stages are just arrays of targets set up in different configurations. Just curious, how did your buddy do in the match?