Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post a Pic of your CZ's

OpenDot

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my CZ75 open project. The gun was so cheap that i decided to practice my gunsmithing skills with that one. I still need magwell, couple of long mags, and finish.

Tell us about the grips. I'd love to find set of smooth, "unfinished" grips to wrap tape around.

I milled those grips my self. And that is old picture, grips are much smoother nowadays.

That's what I figured...a mill. Got any first runs that weren't exactly right but would fit?

I set up my SP01 for 3 gun.......Sold ALL of my Glocks early this year and drank the CZ cool-aid

Cant say enough about CZ guns.!!!!!!

SAO trigger (breaks at 2.5lbs)

Comp hammer

FP block/lever removed

Mag well

Hogue smooth/aluminum grips

Steel guide rod

Extended mag release

post-4092-0-54379100-1324996964_thumb.jp

I set up my SP01 for 3 gun.......Sold ALL of my Glocks early this year and drank the CZ cool-aid

Cant say enough about CZ guns.!!!!!!

SAO trigger (breaks at 2.5lbs)

Comp hammer

FP block/lever removed

Mag well

Hogue smooth/aluminum grips

Steel guide rod

Extended mag release

Very Nice!!

I usually shoot single stack and got the sp01 to shoot as a second gun in local matches. Found production div. not to help me so much in developing new skill sets... so I've been using it in Limited Minor. I love it! Been thinking about adding a comp hammer, SAO trigger, and maybe a magwell. Would be a great steel gun as well!

DSCF0201.jpg

My twin Shadows. The black one has about 4k rounds through it. Just added its two-tone brother.

6623457339_dd52016a23_z.jpg

My shadow is pretty much the twin of yours. Same grips, grip tape on the front strap, and about the same round count. Creepy. Nice pistols!

My twin Shadows. The black one has about 4k rounds through it. Just added its two-tone brother.

6623457339_dd52016a23_z.jpg

My shadow is pretty much the twin of yours. Same grips, grip tape on the front strap, and about the same round count. Creepy. Nice pistols!

No doubt. I was shooting a Glock 17 until I found the Shadow. I just love the thing. Just going by my own personal experiences with the two guns, the CZ has been the more reliable firearm.

Gatekeeper I am about ready to order a shadow, Do i need to have them do the trigger job or is it fine just the way it is.

depends what you want out of the trigger.

Shadows are nice guns. from the factory they run about 8# smooth DA, about a 4# SA

Gatekeeper I am about ready to order a shadow, Do i need to have them do the trigger job or is it fine just the way it is.

shadows are great out of the box. i would just change the recoil spring to 11# and hammer spring to 13# (federal primers) or 15# (everything else).

hell, i shoot a stock SP-01 with sights. :cheers:

Xander. Are the grips from CZ custom. And color is this that.

Nope, they are included in the package, along with a very nice case:)They make 50 units every 2 years of this. My #69 was made in 2011, along with #51-#100. The 1st batches (#1-#50) was made in 2009. I had a #28 back then but sold it to my friend. I still have one more incoming, #98 next month. They will only make 333 units of this Limited model. Bone stock the DA is 5.5lbs, SA 2.2lbs ;)

shadows are great out of the box. i would just change the recoil spring to 11# and hammer spring to 13# (federal primers) or 15# (everything else).

hell, i shoot a stock SP-01 with sights. :cheers:

Thats what mine has. 13# hammer spring, but I prefer the feel of a slightly heavier recoil spring. 13# if I recall correctly :cheers:

Just had Stuart turn my TS into a pseudo-CTS

2EqJ8.jpg

eCMRZ.jpg

CZC flat trigger and comp hammer. Had the triggerguard and beavertail undercut. Also had the awful grip checkering milled off to reduce the grip size (to be soon covered in skate tape). The frame is cerakoted black, even if the sunset lighting makes it look kind of brown. Elected to stick with a blued slide as it looks good in CZC's CTS pictures.

I opted to leave the dustcover alone as it would have been a hassle to find the appropriate FFL to move the serial. I also prefer the look of a full dustcover. Though someone posted a compromising angular cut that was quite attractive earlier in the thread.

I'm stuck with the silver grips for now. Unless someone can find me a US stocking dealer for http://www.shop-cz.com/grips-for-cz-75-b-cz-85-b-anodized-short-black/d-70758/ and http://www.shop-cz.com/magazine-funnel-anodized-cz-75-ts-black/d-70738/.