Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Shirts

Glockster35

looking like a fisherman who got lost on the way to the BASS MASTER CLASSIC.

Ridicule- "The subjection of someone or something to mockery and derision".

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wore UA for a year trying to convince myself they were cool enough for the Texas heat. I bought 2 TW shirts and had them designed like I wanted. You dont have to have any logo's, pics or lettering on them. To me they are MUCH more breathable than any UA shirts. Im sure Revi and Gemini perform similarly.

Thanks! Honestly, that it what I wanted to know with a little fun'n along the way... :D

I have looked into the plain shirts from G2 Gemini but wasn't sure if they would be as cool or cooler in the heat. If they are really cooler and breath better they are probably worth trying. :cheers:

Dude, okay, sorry, I didn't know you took your billboard logos so seriously or I wouldn't have poked fun at them. I have some gun company truck window stickers I can send you if it will make it up to you... :unsure:

Maybe I just don't understand the concept of the "Shooting Shirt" beyond a shirt one shoots in. What could a shirt do or not do? What does one get for 100+ bucks?

LOGOs?

I get a Pig with a gun on the back of mine... No matter how much I searched, I couldn't find a UA shirt with that on it. :D

When I win, I get bacon, glorious tasty bacon

Plus, I find other shirts stick to me when I get sweaty. Doesn't happen with my TechWears

post-4994-0-91366800-1309919089_thumb.jp

Maybe I just don't understand the concept of the "Shooting Shirt" beyond a shirt one shoots in. What could a shirt do or not do? What does one get for 100+ bucks?

LOGOs?

I get a Pig with a gun on the back of mine... No matter how much I searched, I couldn't find a UA shirt with that on it. :D

When I win, I get bacon, glorious tasty bacon

Plus, I find other shirts stick to me when I get sweaty. Doesn't happen with my TechWears

Now that is a rightous Logo/graphic. Pork is a primary food group, right? I'm there... :cheers:

The Gemini shirts I ordered have my name and company logo on them. And the USPSA and IDPA logos. That's about it.

I love the Team Bacon shirts though. I've been on a no-carb diet for the last month and that fits perfectly with my plans.

I like the TW shirts, they breathe in this AZ heat...esecially now when it averages 110 degrees...

I only have one that Matt Burkett gave me (Burkett Video Aquaman shirt)

800.jpg

But now, we have "Team Predator Tactical" and yeah... the new jersey's look like a Nascar for our squad. But every logo on it sponsors us and we are proud to show the logo's because those companies do help our team in one way or another.

Try cycling jerseys... breathable and UPF protection

You think Schwinn would sponsor me if I rode one of their bikes from stage to stage.

FYI cycling jerseys would make good warm weather shirts.

LOL! Looks like we now have an equipment race in clothing! Poor newbies will see that their cotton tee-shirt just can't cut it and pack up and leave....

Cotton T-shirts will just be considered "production".

I think my Rudy shirt got me bumped to Open, as it is slightly colorful to say the least. :roflol:

Golf shirts work great. Several companies make them out of great wicking material and you can get shirts that have some body mapping. I recently ordered six shirts for 75 shipped and they are great. I had IDPA and USPSA patches sewn onto the left sleeves of some of them and I am good to go. I cannot recall the brand offhand but they are great for shooting and wearing around in the summer heat!

LOL! Looks like we now have an equipment race in clothing! Poor newbies will see that their cotton tee-shirt just can't cut it and pack up and leave....

goof.gif

you are so right about the escalated equipment race.

In my stuffiest holier than thou voice,

Rule 5.3.1 The use of offensive or objectionable garments is not allowed.

I find Tee shirts to be in poor taste and highly objectionable!roflol.gif

Dude, okay, sorry, I didn't know you took your billboard logos so seriously or I wouldn't have poked fun at them. I have some gun company truck window stickers I can send you if it will make it up to you... :unsure:

No need to apologize to me at all. I wear a pretty simple shirt with only six logos.

Shooter's Connection- The company helps me out a great deal. I want to show my appreciation for that by wearing their colors.

STI- Because I might win C class someday at a major match and get a little something for my efforts.

CCGunworks- Because Matt Cheeley built my gun for me and it is a work of art. Maybe he will build my next one for free.ph34r.gifgoof.gif

Kevin Sanders- For the hell of it!

US Flag- Because I am a proud american. I generally won't wear a shirt if I can't have the flag on it.

US Army Retired- Because I am more proud of that than anything.

No need to apologize to me at all. I wear a pretty simple shirt with only six logos.

Sarge, I was just breaking your stones a little (kidding). :devil:

You deserve to be proud of your service and display colors any way you choose. HOOAH!

Sarge, I was just breaking your stones a little (kidding). :devil:

You deserve to be proud of your service and display colors any way you choose. HOOAH!

cheers.gif

Maybe that is why I'm slow. The cotton shirt is creating too much drag?!

When Choosing equipment I follow a set of questions -

Is the product of high quality?

Does it fit my needs?

Does it fit my budget?

Does the company support the sport with prizes and help at the matches we all shoot?

That is the test for me on any product.

Techwear does sponsor our Teams so having said that I can tell you they work hard to bring the customers the best designs and quality while supporting our sport with many thousands of dollars of help.

Edited by KGentry

I called TW a bit back and wanted to put XD logo on along with some other stuff - since I shoot XD some of the time in production. They told me that Springfield will not give permission to do that so still holding off on the shirt. Interesting that some companies do take the free advertising and some will not.