Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Shirts

Glockster35

I am not a sponsored shooter, but I find myself wanting a shooting shirt for use mostly during the summer months. I know a couple of companies sell their shirts online, but am hoping to find a couple that are Glock related, since that is what I shoot.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can go to techwearusa.com to order the best shooting shirts around. You can get Glock logo on them. You do have to get permission from the Glock folks to do it but thats very simple to do. When I wanted an M&P logo on my old shirt I contacted them and got the OK in a day or two. They are glad to let you wear their name for free.

If you want to spend the money you can custom design one at Techwear. I kind of like my BEnos shirt. Techwear will make you one of those too.

Some vendors offer shooting shirts with their logos on it fairly reasonably

Edited by waynes_world_45

Running and hiking shirts work great. Salomon, UA, Mountain Hardwear, Columbia, etc. - there are dozens of makers with styles to accommodate. All wicking, UV protection, crew or quarter-zip, can either fit snug or loose.

Techwear is fine, but once they start inking them, I find myself hotter in them than these others, especially when they do the billboard on the back.

Techwear is fine, but once they start inking them, I find myself hotter in them than these others, especially when they do the billboard on the back.

I can't say that I've noticed that... I have three TecchWear shirts with big logos on them and I don't recall them being hotter as a result of the printing. I'm in the process of getting some shirts made up for my web-site which will be almost completely black... I'll report back on how well they work in the Colorado sun.

I can't say that I've noticed that... I have three TecchWear shirts with big logos on them and I don't recall them being hotter as a result of the printing. I'm in the process of getting some shirts made up for my web-site which will be almost completely black... I'll report back on how well they work in the Colorado sun.

YMMV. I find myself cooler in a black Wicked by Mountain Hardwear or my black Columbia Titanium shirts than I do with a white ad-covered Techwear. Nothing against them - just like some people prefer Glock or CZ or whatever. Personal preference. I must have 6 or 7 from Area matches that I've worn. Without logos and stuff on the back, they are fine.

I like the G2Gemini stuff and they have a wide price range from low to high.

g2gemini

Placed an order with them a few weeks ago.

They were cheaper than TW and didn't have a 3 shirt minimum. I have since learned that Techwear doesn't require a 3 piece minimum anymore either, but their website doesn't yet reflect that.

If you are lucky enough, I've even found some things at outlet places like Nike and Eddie Bauer...got a really nice Nike one of $15...also, there are a few Under Armour outlets that have a wide variety of stuff...but the TW shirts are nice...

Maybe I just don't understand the concept of the "Shooting Shirt" beyond a shirt one shoots in. What could a shirt do or not do? What does one get for 100+ bucks?

LOGOs? If something I own has a logo it was given to me or I'm paid to wear it. What is with the paying for someones logos on a shirt?

Under Armor Heatgear are well designed wicking shirts for 25 bucks in a tee shirt style or 40 bucks in a Polo shirt. One can also wear it to a ball game, out to super, or shooting pool with friends without looking like a fisherman who got lost on the way to the BASS MASTER CLASSIC.

Okay, what do I know? :blink:

Maybe I just don't understand the concept of the "Shooting Shirt" beyond a shirt one shoots in. What could a shirt do or not do? What does one get for 100+ bucks?

LOGOs? If something I own has a logo it was given to me or I'm paid to wear it. What is with the paying for someones logos on a shirt?

Under Armor Heatgear are well designed wicking shirts for 25 bucks in a tee shirt style or 40 bucks in a Polo shirt. One can also wear it to a ball game, out to super, or shooting pool with friends without looking like a fisherman who got lost on the way to the BASS MASTER CLASSIC.

Okay, what do I know? :blink:

Pretty sure the Under Armor gear has a logo on it. Did you get them for free?

Many people that shoot around here wear Techwear . And many wear plain old T Shirts.

I say, to each his own. I don't ridicule the UA/Tshirt crowd.rolleyes.gif

g2gemini

They were cheaper than TW and didn't have a 3 shirt minimum. I have since learned that Techwear doesn't require a 3 piece minimum anymore either, but their website doesn't yet reflect that.

I have bought Techwear for the last almost three years and have always bought them one at a time.

g2gemini

I have bought Techwear for the last almost three years and have always bought them one at a time.

They should update their site then!

Pretty sure the Under Armor gear has a logo on it. Did you get them for free?

:rolleyes: ...and polos have a pony and an Izod has an aligator, what's your point. One doesn't pay extra to have a UA put on the shirt. Yes, it's free?
I say, to each his own. I don't ridicule the UA/Tshirt crowd. :rolleyes:

Ridicule??? I will assume you are kidding, right?

I wore UA for a year trying to convince myself they were cool enough for the Texas heat. I bought 2 TW shirts and had them designed like I wanted. You dont have to have any logo's, pics or lettering on them. To me they are MUCH more breathable than any UA shirts. Im sure Revi and Gemini perform similarly.