Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEXAS MULTIGUN 2012

No better yet...X-ray machines or an MRI machine...we shall spare no expense. Seriously though, steel jacketed ammo doesn't hurt steel per se, it's the armor piercing steel core stuff, i.e. black tip .30 cal and green tip 5.56.

So - whats the ruling?

Is steel jacket OK? Only steel core penetrators not OK?

If that is true - then we cannot use the magnet test.

I heard some inconsistent stuff last year.... almost all your Wolf/Barnaul Russian .223 is mild steel jackets. It is soft as can be, and damages a target FAR less than M193, due to it's lower velocity.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No better yet...X-ray machines or an MRI machine...we shall spare no expense. Seriously though, steel jacketed ammo doesn't hurt steel per se, it's the armor piercing steel core stuff, i.e. black tip .30 cal and green tip 5.56.

So - whats the ruling?

Is steel jacket OK? Only steel core penetrators not OK?

If that is true - then we cannot use the magnet test.

I heard some inconsistent stuff last year.... almost all your Wolf/Barnaul Russian .223 is mild steel jackets. It is soft as can be, and damages a target FAR less than M193, due to it's lower velocity.

no cross-bred termite bullets!

:angry:

We use bolt cutters at the local match. If it sticks to a magnet, it goes to the cutter. A bi-metal jacketed lead core bullet cuts like butter, a steel core- not so much. I saw a guy almost break the bolt cutters one day- I guess he was just trying to see if he could cut it! (He did not.)

If HXP or Danish M2 is GTG- I'm dusting off a Garand. Anyone have an M1 helmet I can borrow?

We use bolt cutters at the local match. If it sticks to a magnet, it goes to the cutter. A bi-metal jacketed lead core bullet cuts like butter, a steel core- not so much. I saw a guy almost break the bolt cutters one day- I guess he was just trying to see if he could cut it! (He did not.)

If HXP or Danish M2 is GTG- I'm dusting off a Garand. Anyone have an M1 helmet I can borrow?

Only want to borrow the helmet? I've got complete web gear that was issued in 1944 also!

Just a question, after looking at the divisions, are you guys pleased with the Tac Heavy division? I have a heard a complaint about not making it traditional, i.e. pump 12 gauge 8+1, .308 20rd max (optics or no optics), 10 rd max .45 pistol.

Just a question, after looking at the divisions, are you guys pleased with the Tac Heavy division? I have a heard a complaint about not making it traditional, i.e. pump 12 gauge 8+1, .308 20rd max (optics or no optics), 10 rd max .45 pistol.

I vote for traditional.

One thing ya'll gotta keep in mind about steel or bimetal jackets - it does strike sparks from steel and is considered a fire hazard. That's probably not a big problem at Best of the West - there's not a lot of vegetation in the bays to ignite, but something to keep in mind.

I call "Not It" helping DocMcG unload that from the truck.

You were the first on the list of Strong Backs and even Stronger Minds!!!

DocMcG!

Hey General,

If they want to use a 12 pump, .45 pistol and shoot heavy. Let them in on the WWII division with no optics and limit there mag to what ever the M1 garand will hold.

Just a suggestion.....

Personally, I like the rules in the Heavy Tac Division. Just my $.02.

I like it the way it is. The size of the division after this year will be a better

indicator if changes are warranted.

Iam signed up for Tac Heavy and if i wanted to shoot pump 12ga. and .45 pistol I would

be shooting the WWII division, sounds like a real challenge !

The intent of Tac Heavy was to offer shooters a choice between recoil, capacity and long range capability. Trying to make the match as freestyle as possible with as many choices/challenges for the shooters as possible while keeping it fun at the same time.