Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What aftermarket internals are you guys running on your Glocks?

Pelican82

Wolf steel guide rod and 14lb spring

Lightning Strike titanium striker and plunger with reduced power spring

Jarvis barrel

Scherer 3.5lb disconnector with Wolf extra power trigger spring

I use only Winchester primers

I have run this setup in my 35,my wife`s 35 and my 24 for years with complete reliabilty

Vanek GM Trigger

Lightened and lengthened Jager steel striker w/4lb spring

Steel guide rod with 13 lb spring

Trouble Free for going on a year of steady use with only one good cleaning so far.:ph34r:

I am asking because I am thinking about upgrading my G34 for production. You guys running steel guide rods, do you know if there is any weight restriction for production?

On the USPSA website, under the Production Division there is the approved gun list (don't worry, G34 is on there) and a factory weight with an unloaded magazine. You need to be within 2oz. of factory weight. It lists the G34 as 26 oz. Here's the link:

http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-NROI-production-gunlist.php

I use the same setup as Kevin above in my 34, except I use a 14lb spring. Same Setup in 24 except 15lb spring. One of my 17 has a Vanek Classic GM. There can be issues. Don't mix and match parts,i.e., don't use a stock top with a Vanek bottom. If you are doing your own work, you will find out sooner or later what you shouldn't do. Good luck. Once you get used to Glock triggers, the fastest splits, for me, come with stock triggers. So If I had a stage with six swingers, I'd like that gun. In reality the Vanek triggers are the ticket 90 % of the time. I have been weighed twice at matches and with Sevigny sights and Vanek triggers, well within guidelines (that includes the steel guide rods). One other issue is that Charlie cuts his firing pin safety springs and they can get bent or lost, so buy a 3-pack of reduced power firing pin (striker safety) safety springs from Wolf and keep it in your kit. Clean the gun if you are shooting high volume and make sure you keep the firing pin channel really clean and clear.

I put one of the Glockworx triggers in mine and then did some polishing and slight grinding to smooth it out. I have a lightened striker and spring, captured steel guide rod with 13lb spring, lightened striker safety spring, edges rounded on the striker safety, changed "hook" position for trigger spring, pre-travel adjustment screw, I do regular polishing with a fine abrasive metal polish on the cruciform/striker contact point, the striker safety, and the trigger bar/connector contact point, and always keep it slathered with Brian's Slide Glide.

Mike at Accurate Iron has got my Glock lower with a LW upper and barrel as a starting point for a G35 Limited Gun. I don't plan on skimping on any thing on that one......not that I skimped on the G34.

BSG

Wolff springs, xtra power trigger return spring, reduced power striker spring, 15lb recoil spring. G20 guide rod in my G34. Springs don't last forever. My 15 lb return spring failed the lock up test in a year or two. I should keep better track really.

I had the Glockworx full setup with titanium striker. I have light strikes though with wolf primers, so I switched out to the stock striker and striker spring for now. I really don't notice the extra pull weight in a match and didn't have light strikes afterwards. I am also running a 15LB ISMI recoil spring on a stainless guide rod. I had sevigny sights but switched those out for kensight adjustables.

Edited by feederic

G35 with KKM bbl, Jager extended steel guiderod with a 14# Wolf recoil spring, extra strength trigger spring, reduced plunger spring, stock striker spring. I was using the reduced striker spring but I felt the reset was not as crisp as with the stock spring. YMMV

Briley match grade barrel, lightning strike titanium safety plunger, wolf competition spring pack less the striker spring. ISMI captured guide rod system, with a 15# ISMI spring, JP magwell. all internals polished. I can put a 1" ragged hole at 15yds with this setup.

G34 has a 13lb ISMI on stock guide rod, Jager striker w/Wolff RP striker spring... 100% reliable so far with all factory ammo.

G35 has a 15lb Wolff on Jager extended steel guide rod... 100% reliable so far with all factory ammo. Just got a Jager striker for this one and it is different (new thread coming to avoid drift).

-Randy

I drop in a Vanek CTK and I'm done with it.

You guys really notice a difference with the lightened striker?

Trigger is much lighter with lightened striker and spring in my opinion. When my Jager striker broke I ran the regular striker and spring for a match and it was a heavier trigger for sure. For me the important part about the Jager striker is it is lightened AND lengthened. This takes care of the light strike problems.

I just rebuilt parts of my Glock 35 due to light strikes. I am now using a Vanek Super trigger, Jager Light striker (should be here today), Novak Tungsten guide rod, ISMI 13 lb. recoil spring, JP Enterprises magazine release, Aero Tek extended slide release.

Outside of the pistol I have a Dawson Precision ICE Mag Well, Grip Force Adaptors beaver tail, Arredondo Magazine Extesions, Warren Tactical sights, with front fiber optic. I have also stippled my entire grip.

Glockworx fulcrum trigger.

Glockworx 2lb race connector.

Glockworkx titanium FP safety & spring.

Glock striker & striker spring.

Gives me about a 3# pull with no takeup and short reset.

I tried using a reduced power striker spring, but I got light primer stikes.

I'll probably try a lightweight striker. Looking to get that 2# trigger pull, and still have good primer strikes.

Edited by Parallax3D