Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If you had to choose between...

J-Rob

That's not a wrench JP is a good mount, and has good return to Zero. I have a Burris PERP it is a good mount but it absolutely does not return to Zero, not even close but if you are going to leave it mounted it works well for a $60 mount. I decided to go with a second top end for short range tactical matches and the EO Tech/Iron sights, save the good top end for the matches where it matters.

Edited by CocoBolo

I have had excellent results with my Larues (3 SPR 1.5's and an LT 110 ) that see a fair amount of on/off, the fit and finish is second to none, the design makes it very easy to mount the scope without having 4 hands.

The JP mount is JP through and through, maybe not as absolutely sexy as it could be but 10000% about form following function and bombproof build quality. The only mounts to have a true RTZ when tested by our own MarkCO. Yes, the JP does not mount/remount without a torx driver but I haven't run into a time yet where I am in a situation that having a torx wrench isn't easily possible.

I also have two sets of Warne quick detach rings that display great build quality but are at times a pain in the but to get mounted. (too many screws and parts falling out until they are mounted up)

With respect to the above three companies, they all provide very good customer service and most importantly support the sport of 3 Gun far more than any other mount companies I am aware of.....For hell sakes all three have given product and prizes to pistol matches not necessarily because pistol shooters are their target audience but because as manufacturers they have made a strong commitment to promoting gun ownership and shooting.

With respect to ADM and BOBRO, I own an ADM Aimpoint mount and have handled and played with both. They appear to be good mounts. The ADM doesn't seem to have the higher level of fit and finish but offers good function. The BOBRO has great fit and finish but the little nuts that clamp the rings together can be a pain when mounting up the optics.

To add I have not seen the support for the sport from ADM or BOBRO for 3 Gun that the others provide.

If this question cam about concerning all the internet BS flying around about Mark LaRue, know that my every interaction with LaRue's customer service and product performance has been overwhelmingly positive.

No problems with my Bobro or AD mounts.

Both are top notch. I have friends with LaRue as well.

Aside from the bandwagoning (try to mention anything BUT LaRue on arfcom and see what happens), you absolutely can't go wrong with any of those three. Bottom line.

And some butt munch has to vote for one that wasn't on your list. Me...... I have a Nighforce uni-mount that is 1.125 from the top of the rail to the centerline of the scope, and it is the perfect height for a good cheek weld on my ar's. It is a little pricey, but for me its worth it to not have to hunt for the right cheek position every time. Why did most qd scope manufacturers decide that 1.5 high was the best height anyway? Seems like all of the above mentioned scope mounts are good, but they all mount my scopes a little higher than i like. My two cents

Why did most qd scope manufacturers decide that 1.5 high was the best height anyway? Seems like all of the above mentioned scope mounts are good, but they all mount my scopes a little higher than i like. My two cents

1.5 over the rail and 2.6 over the bore correlates to the cheek weld/height needed for iron heights. The 1.5 scope mounts put the center of the scope at the same level your eyes would be at if using irons.