Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fellow shooters, I regret to inform you that the 2011 FB3G is cancelled. This upcoming year will provide the US Army Marksmanship Unit the opportunity to assess the future of FB3G and determine whether it can meet the objectives of promoting the US Army and connecting our Army to America's people, while providing an action shooting venue "like no other" for our competitors. In its current state, FB3G meets the expectations of the competitors; however, the degree in which the participants and the American public are better informed by this event of the options and opportunities provided by the US Army remains in question. I hope to determine a proper solution and bring the FB3G back bigger and better than ever in 2012.

Thank you all for your steadfast support over the last 6 years, it has truly been a pleasure.

Respectfully,

AARON L. HAMPTON

SFC, USA

NCOIC US Army Action Shooting Team

Fellow shooters, I regret to inform you that the 2011 FB3G is cancelled. This upcoming year will provide the US Army Marksmanship Unit the opportunity to assess the future of FB3G and determine whether it can meet the objectives of promoting the US Army and connecting our Army to America's people, while providing an action shooting venue "like no other" for our competitors. In its current state, FB3G meets the expectations of the competitors; however, the degree in which the participants and the American public are better informed by this event of the options and opportunities provided by the US Army remains in question. I hope to determine a proper solution and bring the FB3G back bigger and better than ever in 2012.

Thank you all for your steadfast support over the last 6 years, it has truly been a pleasure.

Respectfully,

AARON L. HAMPTON

SFC, USA

NCOIC US Army Action Shooting Team

2012 sounds GOOD to me. Sorry to hear that 2011 won't work out. 2010 Ft.Benning was my favorite 3-gun match followed by Blue Ridge. Thanks to the AMU and all the work that goes into their match. :cheers:

SFC Hampton, thank you for the years the AMU has put on a great show.

I hired a 17 year old as a part time employee back in the fall. This kid has turned out to be a great worker. Good head, takes direction well, very quick learner. I cornered him on the jobsite a couple weeks ago to talk about his future, what I could offer, and what his goals were. He told me he was considering joining the Army. At that point, I thought of what LTC Hodne told us at the shooter's meeting this past year- spread the word of the opportunities afforded by the US Army.

I told the young man that the Army needed intelligent, hard-working, proud Americans such as himself, and I would feel blessed to have someone such as him serving our country.

I am happy to have been afforded the opportunity to have competed in the FB3G matches for three years. The people I met there, fellow competitors and more, make that most importantly the Soldiers that are serving our country made this a memory I will keep forever. I hope that in the future we will see the FB3G return and if it does, I will plan to be there.

Thank you all. For everything.

Jim Norman

Edited by Jim Norman

Thanks for all you and yours have done. Attending the event was a real learning experience for me that I shared with many friends, relatives, and business associates.

I was very impressed with the skill of leadership to bring out the very best in all the young and old service people I meet.

The Fort Benning experience gave me hands on personal contact with men in their early 20s that displayed a high level of self respect, maturity and leadership quality.

I did not return to the Fort Benning 3 gun event for the stages. I came back because of the People involved made it a good experience.

Thanks

Jamie Foote

Unfortunate, but understandable.

Given the USA's current circumstances as well as those of the past several years I think it's amazing that the USAMU was able to expend the time, manpower, money and other resources just so the rest of us could come out and "play".

I'll add to the chorus of appeciation hope someday we can all do it again.

To quote Alfred Lord Tennyson...

"'Tis better to have loved and lost

Than never to have loved at all."

Or rather

It's better to have shot the FB3G at least once than to have never shot the FB3G at all..

:( Very sad... I loved this match. As stated above, the competitors were great, but the best part of the match was interacting with the great men and women from the AMU, as well as the other units that helped out.

This match will be missed!

Keep up the great work, and hope to see you in 2012

I felt it was a huge privilege to participate in the 2010 FB3G and the highlight of my short time in 3-gun competition. Unmatched resources and outstanding men and women of the AMU and supporting units. I'll be hovering over the keyboard for 2012 registration!

I think the attendees would not have a hard time coming up with a list of those who have joined the army after an experience there. And if that is not enough, as long as the match returns in 2012 I will shanghi at least 3 enlistees provided you are open to accepting Jim Norman, Henry Avant and Ronnie Shores............

Hamp,

A big thank you to you and all the staff who made it happen over the last 6 years. I feel privaledged to have the good fortune to have been to all 6 (as well as Basic training in 1983), and they are memories I will cherish for the remainder of my life. Several of those years I brought my son Dalton, in the hopes he may someday serve our country, and that the experiance may help him to make that decision. He talks of you and the staff he met there and it has made a big, positive impression on him. He will undoubtedly be better for the experiance. The success for an endevor such as the FB3G may not be something easy to measure from the AMU side of things, but as a competitor and father, I can tell you it was succesful beyond imagination and dollar signs.

Thanks again.

Hamp, thanks to you and the AMU and the rest of the Ft Benning crew for making these events happen. Thanks to the civilian staff too.

Whatever route the AMU takes to reach their goals, I know it will succeed.

FWIW I think these matches had a positive impact on 3-gun as a whole and look forward to seeing what you come up with even if it isn't 3-gun.

Good luck

I hope it comes back in 2012, and I hope I can attend again then. I'm glad I was able to attend 5/6 years its happened so far. The AMU FB3G challenge coin is the coolest thing I've gotten at a match in 10 years of shooting.

The FB3G match probably had the biggest impact of any one single event in presenting the sport to the public in a positive fashion and bringing media attention to it.

Edited by SinistralRifleman

I hope the match can come back in 2012. I have been blessed to be able to participate in this match for the last few years. It is an honor for me to have been able to come to Ft. Benning and compete. I have met some good people at this event. Thank you, SFC Hampton and to the entire AMU, ROs and Match Staff for hosting this event for the last six years. :cheers:

Hurley

• 2 months later...

Whoa, I just found this after thinking "I wonder why I haven't seen an email for FB3G registration yet?"

A H U G E Thank you for the past matches to Aaron and the AMU, Linda and the stats crew and to the US Army and Ft. Benning. If there are more FB3G's may they be stunning successes as before and surpass the goals set for them. Hooah! Check, Check! And if not, then so be it, I'm confident something good will arise in any case.