Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Mississippi Classic

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another great MS Classic!!! Thanks to all the other folks that helped make this match what it is! I worked for 5 straight LOOONG days but it was well worth it when several shooters came up to me and personally thanked me. That makes all the sweat worth while. A huge thanks to John, for all the great coordination and everything else he does. Thanks also need to go out to the guys who headed up the prizes!!! We had a great prize table. I think all shooters that stayed around for awards walked away with nothing to complain about!!!! And congrats to the 3 shooters who walked away with new GUNS!!! Thanks to all our sponsers and vendors who helped out in one way or another. The crawfish was definately a great addition that I think went over well with all that stayed around Saturday night. And for the one's who didn't, SORRY you missed it!!!! Looks like we have another tradition, I hope! Well, I've said enough. If I forgot to thank anyone, Thanks!

Jimmy Callender

Stage 5 RO

Another MS Classic in the books and as Jimmy said in the previous post, Everything went great. We had great competitors, great stages, and everyone I talked to said they had a great time and would be back next year. That said, get your entry in early, because I expect us to fill up again next year. I had a great time working Stage 7 and I hope everyone who came through enjoyed the stage. I hope to see you all next year. I am sure John will do us right again.

Best of luck on your matches between now and then.

Pat DeBerry AKA BWANA SIX-GUN

Thanks to John H, Jimmy C, Windder Likker, Bwana, and everyone else who made this the best Classic yet. I'm super proud of my crew for sweating out all 10 stages on a hot Friday and still bringing home the wood!

Looking forward to it next year..

Chris (RO from Stage 8, the Texas Star stage)

post-15460-062762500 1305512383_thumb.jp

post-15460-025312800 1305512393_thumb.jp

Thanks to John H, Jimmy C, Windder Likker, Bwana, and everyone else who made this the best Classic yet. I'm super proud of my crew for sweating out all 10 stages on a hot Friday and still bringing home the wood!

Chris, your welcome and thank you also. Congrats on the win and tell Hayden congrats also.

Chris, You got what you earned and well deserved as did everyone else. There were no freebies. I look forward to seeing you again soon. Good Job Bubba :cheers:

Edited by Bwana Six-Gun

This was my first time at the MS Classic, and I will definitely put it on my list for next year. All the stages were lots of fun and the weather turned out great. Thanks to everyone for the hard work that made it happen.

Congratulations to that Duck guy :cheers:

Did you mean to say the drunk guy! Lol,

I must say this was a fun match all the way around. I shot the match on Friday. Setup shop on Sat and Sunday and met alot of new faces. Everyone was extremely nice. The 1911 cr speed spacer kits were a big hit, and I sold every single one that I brought, I wish i would have brought more!!! The free crawfish and beer was an awesome suprise. And for those who missed it, you missed out on some excellent crawfish. the match had great stages, the staff worked their butts off to make this happen and they did a great job. We will defnately be sponsoring this event next year and in the future.

These Mississipi guys know how to make it fun on the range and off the range.

Sean

Power Factor Shooting

This was my 2nd Miss.State match and won't be my last. John and his crew do a excellent job and put on a great weekend of shooting. Wanted to give a big thanks to Squad 2 for being such great folks and very good shooters. Also wanted to especially says thanks to Blake for showing me how its done and some very helpful advice.Wish you all the luck on the oncoming year abd the events you will shooting in.

Wow.... great to see everyone had a good time! Makes all the work worthwhile! Two full long days of setup, then shooting on Friday ( a bit warm but not too bad ), then we had two GREAT weathered days to host everyone else shooting. Turned out perfect.

It was good to see everyone and get to meet some new folks as well. John's Mudbugs&Beer idea was incredible. T'Beaux can cook up a mess o' bugs, eh? :cheers: Getting the goodies out on the table Sunday was a bit hectic under the time frame but once again, folks jumped in and made it happen!! And everyone got some goods, that's what matters most. haha It always seems to work itself out. It is awesome working with all the people we have on this match.... everyone pitches in and makes everything work out. They are awesome!

Hope your visit on Stage 9 (Have a drink on me) was enjoyable as well!!

Thanks for all the comments and hope to see ya'll back again next year!!

:D

I have a serious complaint to lodge about this match. I've tried to keep quiet, but enough is enough.

I don't have a problem with the MD, or the staff, or the stages, or the weather, or the prize table, or the facility, but it really burns me up that they only hold this match once a year.

There. I said it.

:)

The weather was perfect for Saturday and Sunday, the RO's really had fun putting on this match but Friday was HOT and HUMID to shoot all 10 stages, but we perservered. As always, it was great to see many friends competing, visiting and enjoying the fellowship. I know those that stuck around Saturday night for the Crawfish Boil really enjoyed 400 pounds of mud bugs, corn, potatoes, and sausage. I enjoyed Ro'ing Stage 4 Oops, Wrong House and had two great RO's, Gale B and Tim F helping out. Tim and I laughed so hard during lunch Saturday that we had tears running down our eyes on the drive back from Popeyes, and while scoring Wrongways run when he came backwards out of the stage to finish the left array of targets, I was running back and was afraid I was about to faceplant the wall, so I glanced back and realized I was about to collide with scorekeeper Gale, and had to check up, almost getting sandwiched between Wrongway and Gale. So during scoring, I was thinking about nearly crashing into the wall and being on film and some comments from my RO's had me laughing so hard, I had to stop scoring til I composed myself enough to start again. It was a great match and thanks to Match Director John Heiter, those who worked so hard to put on the match, and the professionalism of the competitors to make the 15th Anniversary of the MS Classic a huge success.... Range Is Clear!