Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Pro-Am Shooting® Championship

I went to the first Pro-Am in Tulsa and it was a great match, lots of fun. Unfortunately this is in the same month that I run the Indiana Section and have been able to make it back.

If you like shooting steel then this is the match for you!!

Phil I will post the link on the www.uspsaindiana.org site

you should also post on

www.thehighroad.org in their competition section

And send a press release to

http://www.shootingwire.com/

http://gunnuts.net/

Also create a Facebook page and event and send out invites

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I am going to be able to shoot this, heard that a lot will shoot both the Open and Limited with their limited guns. Thought I saw someplace, but could not find it- does that mean that they go to 2 different prize tables (or 2 trips if only one) based on their finish? Also, what about those who cannot stay until Sun. after the match? I only have experience with regular USPSA matches so far, new to me.

Did see it the last few years on TV and looks like a blast, now that it is closer I figure I had better find a way to go! Hope that the apps start coming in to keep the match on. Will send the info to those I know around here, send and email to the local USPSA club and also post at the gun club.

Thanks

You can shoot a limited gun in both limited and open. Two separate prize tables. (Go once to each) If you can't stay for the prizes, you can designate someone to pick for you, by filling out the form in the match booklet.

Seiichi

(famous Phil imposter)

Fly Delta. Hard plastic case with two TSA locks on it. Declare it and ensure it's unloaded. They may ask to see it. I've been flying with pistols for 20 years. I always call ahead and make sure there have been no policy changes too.

You can fly with 8 lbs of ammo too.

Fly Delta. Hard plastic case with two TSA locks on it. Declare it and ensure it's unloaded. They may ask to see it. I've been flying with pistols for 20 years. I always call ahead and make sure there have been no policy changes too.

You can fly with 8 lbs of ammo too.

11 pounds, if I'm not mistaken.

You can shoot a limited gun in both limited and open. Two separate prize tables. (Go once to each) If you can't stay for the prizes, you can designate someone to pick for you, by filling out the form in the match booklet.

Seiichi

(famous Phil imposter)

Thanks, If I am going to go, might as well shoot both matches even if it is with my same Production gun. Will get the registration in the mail, hope there have been a bunch of others sent in, would hate to have the match end up cancelled.

Hope you don't mind Phil,

I sent the link to the Proam website and some general information directly from the website to the Florida IDPA coordinator. Hopefully he will distribute it to the Yahoo Florida IDPA group like I requested. That should get it pretty good circulation here among the IDPA crowd.

Mark

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all of the effort everyone has put into helping get the numbers needed. It looks like the Pro-Am is definitely a go! Right now, I've got 80 paid competitors registered including two refunds that just went out today.

At this rate, I should be able to break even, and I really don't want to cancel. Shipping nearly $60,000 in stuff back to sponsors isn't exactly something I want to do.

All of the questions that have been asked can be answered at www.proamshooting.com, BTW. You DEFINITELY want to read the prize policy, as well. I've gotten about 10 applications with Open, Lim, L10, Prod, SSP, ESP, and/or CDP circled with NO classification noted. At the Pro-Am, you can shoot as Unclassified, but you will visit the table based on your overall finish. BUT, if you're shooting as a C class in Limited for example (and there are at least 19 others registered), you'll probably win a gun or better all the way down to 5th place!

It only takes a few minutes to navigate the site. The only thing that's not up are the stages, which I'm trying to work on now. Also, I'm trying to get the Pro-Am recognized as a sanctioned match. Hopefully the stages will be approved, and we'll get it...fingers crossed.

Thanks for all of the effort on your part. I'm still accepting stage ideas, but remember, I'm limited to USA's props.

Phil Strader

www.proamshooting.com

One more thing that's pretty important.

Since I will be in Florida early to build stages and prepare for the match, there will be a deadline for entries. ANY ENTRIES THAT ARRIVE AFTER JULY 1ST WILL NOT BE RECEIVED SINCE I WON'T BE THERE!

If you have any doubt of your entries arriving before July 1st, it is HIGHLY recommended that you plan to register in person at Florida.

I will have this posted at www.proamshooting.com, as well.

See you there!

Phil Strader

Sent in my application Sat. but have a question. I put down C for the limited match (C class in both Limited and Production), but don't have a classification for Open. Will the C class for the others be used for the open match (I am shooting using my Production gun for both) or will I be stuck with Unclass. for that one? Read through the rulebook and the website but could not tell for sure. Seemed to say that either Open or Limited could be used for both (besides IDPA does not even have one like Open) but was not sure.

Glad to see that the match looks to be on. Put out a club newsletter to let others know not to wait on the regis. just in case.

Thanks

(edited to clarify)

Edited by Tim/GA

On the registration form in the Classification section, does it matter what division (Lim, L10, etc) you circle? Are those just examples, or is there going to be Production Division at the match? Or do all iron sight guns shoot heads up and you are just writing down your highest classification? I guess I misunderstood it.

Edited by RAZZ

i was wondering if anyone could explain the sqauding for the match and are the stages dictated in the way you shoot them or are they as they become available

You can request to be squaded with your friends. Each day is split into halves, AM and PM. Open guns shoot PM each day and Limited guns shoot AM each day. Everyone in your squad will be shooting the same type limited or open. That makes it easier for the ROs since it's a par time match. (no mixing of open and limited in the squad)

It's knock down steel with a par time. You can shoot them in any order, most arrays have 10 or fewer targets, you will have to reload. Imagine a field course with arrays of steel. There are some videos on the site.

Seiichi

On the registration form in the Classification section, does it matter what division (Lim, L10, etc) you circle? Are those just examples, or is there going to be Production Division at the match? Or do all iron sight guns shoot heads up and you are just writing down your highest classification? I guess I misunderstood it.

All iron guns shoot heads up against each other, as do open guns. You can shoot an iron sighted gun in open if you like. There are only two divisions, limited and open. Production, revolver, limited, L-10, single stack with iron sights will be under "limited", with a 10 round max magazine capacity. You can use any type of magazine but can only load 10 rounds. Any gun with and optic or compensator is "open", also with a 10 rounds max magazine capacity.

I think Phil has the "other" divisions on the entry form so he can check on people and appropriately classify entries. Like, if you are a M in production but A in limited, your going to shoot this match as limited A.

Pay special attention to the prize distribution. If there are sufficient entries the format for going to the prize table is:

Overall winner, first GM, first M, first A, first B, first C, first D,

then 2nd GM, 2nd M, 2nd A, and so on through 5th GM - D, then the rest by overall finish. So, if you finish top 3 of your class, you will be among the first 15 to go to the prize table, assuming there are enough entries in your class.

Good luck,

Seiichi

All iron guns shoot heads up against each other, as do open guns. You can shoot an iron sighted gun in open if you like. There are only two divisions, limited and open. Production, revolver, limited, L-10, single stack with iron sights will be under "limited", with a 10 round max magazine capacity. You can use any type of magazine but can only load 10 rounds. Any gun with and optic or compensator is "open", also with a 10 rounds max magazine capacity.

I think Phil has the "other" divisions on the entry form so he can check on people and appropriately classify entries. Like, if you are a M in production but A in limited, your going to shoot this match as limited A.

Pay special attention to the prize distribution. If there are sufficient entries the format for going to the prize table is:

then 2nd GM, 2nd M, 2nd A, and so on through 5th GM - D, then the rest by overall finish. So, if you finish top 3 of your class, you will be among the first 15 to go to the prize table, assuming there are enough entries in your class.

Good luck,

Seiichi

If I understand it correctly, that part in red isn't right. You wouldn't shoot it 'A Limited,' (there is no Limited) you would shoot it 'M Iron sight,' correct? M is the highest iron sight (Lim / L10 / Prod / Revo) classification for that person, not A. Right?

Edited by RAZZ

In years past it has been your highest iron sighted division class and your Open class. I got bumped 3 days before in L10 to GM last year so I had to shoot GM in limited and M in Open :roflol:

Good luck,

Seiichi

If I understand it correctly, that part in red isn't right. You wouldn't shoot it 'A Limited,' (there is no Limited) you would shoot it 'M Iron sight,' correct? M is the highest iron sight (Lim / L10 / Prod / Revo) classification for that person, not A. Right?

Whoops, you are correct. You'd be shooting M for your "limited" entry, since it is your highest iron sight classification.

Seiichi