Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Pro-Am Shooting® Championship

Hello everyone,

First of all, thanks for your enduring patience in regards to the 2011 Pro-Am Championship. I've sent emails to all of the last year's attendees, but I figured I should post the latest news here, as well. Here is the INTENDED date, schedule, venue, info:

The 2011 Pro-Am WILL BE held July 15-17, 2011. It will be in the same format as last year...The match will be shot in 1/2 day format - Iron Sight pistols in the morning and Open in the afternoon. You can shoot both matches, and you can even shoot both in one day, although I REALLY don't recommend it. Professionals MUST shoot both matches on Sunday if they choose to shoot both Open and Iron Sight.

Now, the tricky part. I am in the process of trying to work out a usage contract with USSA, but they will not be able to confirm their commitment until the end of the month. I had intended to release the match registrations Jan 23rd, but it appears I will need to extend that by a couple weeks. IF USSA is unable to confirm by February 1st, the match will be held at the Universal Shooting Academy in Frostproof, FL. I realize that this could affect many of your intentions to attend due to the further distance. Trust me, it would be an even bigger burden for the Match Director who lives in Oklahoma (ME)! However, USA has recently extended their range significantly, and now has 31 bays with over 300 pieces of steel. Florida, and the South East US have huge number of shooters, and I'm sure the possibility of having this match closer to them should INCREASE the numbers of competitors. The Universal Shooting Academy's support staff is unequalled, and I have no doubt that the quality of the match would be equal to or better than previous years. Plus, you could make a Disney vacation out of it!

The match registration will either be released as soon as I hear from USSA or February 1st, 2011...whichever comes first. I'll be updating www.proamshooting.com after the Shot Show.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Phil Strader

Match Director - 2011 Pro-Am Shooting® Championship

Edited by gmshtr

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone,

First of all, thanks for your enduring patience in regards to the 2011 Pro-Am Championship. I've sent emails to all of the last year's attendees, but I figured I should post the latest news here, as well. Here is the INTENDED date, schedule, venue, info:

The 2011 Pro-Am WILL BE held July 15-17, 2011. It will be in the same format as last year...The match will be shot in 1/2 day format - Iron Sight pistols in the morning and Open in the afternoon. You can shoot both matches, and you can even shoot both in one day, although I REALLY don't recommend it. Professionals MUST shoot both matches on Sunday if they choose to shoot both Open and Iron Sight.

Now, the tricky part. I am in the process of trying to work out a usage contract with USSA, but they will not be able to confirm their commitment until the end of the month. I had intended to release the match registrations Jan 23rd, but it appears I will need to extend that by a couple weeks. IF USSA is unable to confirm by February 1st, the match will be held at the Universal Shooting Academy in Frostproof, FL. I realize that this could affect many of your intentions to attend due to the further distance. Trust me, it would be an even bigger burden for the Match Director who lives in Oklahoma (ME)! However, USA has recently extended their range significantly, and now has 31 bays with over 300 pieces of steel. Florida, and the South East US have huge number of shooters, and I'm sure the possibility of having this match closer to them should INCREASE the numbers of competitors. The Universal Shooting Academy's support staff is unequalled, and I have no doubt that the quality of the match would be equal to or better than previous years. Plus, you could make a Disney vacation out of it!

The match registration will either be released as soon as I hear from USSA or February 1st, 2011...whichever comes first. I'll be updating www.proamshooting.com after the Shot Show.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Phil Strader

Match Director - 2011 Pro-Am Shooting® Championship

Phil, hopefully you'll get things worked out in Tulsa, if it gets moved to Florida I don't know if I can make it and that would suck because this is one of the best matches I shoot every year!:cheers:

Thats Awesome Phil. I would LOVE to shoot my 1st Pro-Am in Frostproof, if the deal in Tulsa doesn't pan out. I've been to the Frostproof range a number of times, and I know Frank & Manny would be awesome guys to work with. Plus I'm glad to hear that they've expanded their range. It would be great to have a Nationals there someday too!

Best of luck either way Phil. I'm sure it will be great. :cheers:

I should be there either way. Florida can't be any hotter than Tulsa in July, right?

Wait and see......even if it is a couple degrees less hot the humility will make it seem hotter. You got to be tough to shoot in Florida in July. B)

If I can find an open gun to borrow, I'll probably shoot both divisions.

Why does he suggest to NOT shoot both?

I shot both last year, shooting part was great. The 115 degrees was not. By the time we were done in Open sunday afternoon, 1/3 of my squad quit and I felt llike puking. If it's that hot agian, I'll only shoot whats scheduled for the morning.

It was the only match I overheated at last year, started feeling very nauseous :sick:

Right before that, I zeroed a stage, because my dumb heatstroked arse forgot to download my 11 round "starter mag" for a barrel start.

• 2 weeks later...