Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is your "Range Bag" different than your "Competition Bag&#

BhmJeep

If I keep it up, I am going to have to get a little red wagon to get my gear from the Jeep to the firing line.... Guns, at least 2, ammo, mags, pasters, staple gun,, muffs, glasses, writing pad, oil, etc...etc...etc...:unsure:

When you go to a match do you use the same bag with the same stuff, different bag, repack your bag just for the match, ?

Starting to feel like a pack mule. I guess as I progress in the sport I will finally find my right kit combo. Since I am just starting out I am in the "ooooohhhh, that could help.." put in the bag....

Anyway,

Mike

I run separate bags for pistol, rifle and shotgun. The pistol bag contains some stuff that the other bags don't have -- knee pads, glasses, hearing protection, small timer, rulebook, band-aids, sun screen, bug juice, so it always comes along, even if there are no handguns or handgun ammo in it. All three bags are set-up for match needs.

For practice, the trunk of my car carries everything else -- big timer, tape/pasters, targets, sticks, stands, chrono, etc....

That system seems to work for me -- though I'm contemplating smaller bags for pistol and rifle, and a separate bag for glasses, etc.

i used torun with a BIG range bag till i found that if i put in everything i wanted, i couldnt pick the damned thing up!!! time to trim the excess...i can pick it up, but it basically stays in the car if i need anything, after gearing up from the bigger bag, i carry with me on stages a smaller 'mechanic's toolbag' that holds my mags and ammo an score sheets, its a lot better on my back these days

Hello: I use different bags for the different divisions. That way I don't have to worry I forgot something. The Shooters Connection Tournament bag has a inner bag that is great for stages and you can leave the outer bag in your car. The Shooters Connection Ultra bag is great to carry as is. It is not to big but big enough to hold all you will need. So I guess the answer is sometimes :roflol: Thanks, Eric

Hello: I use different bags for the different divisions. That way I don't have to worry I forgot something. The Shooters Connection Tournament bag has a inner bag that is great for stages and you can leave the outer bag in your car. The Shooters Connection Ultra bag is great to carry as is. It is not to big but big enough to hold all you will need. So I guess the answer is sometimes :roflol: Thanks, Eric

one big ol well used Shooters Connection bag with several different inner bags for what game I'm playing. When I get to the match the bag stays in the truck and I take the inner bag with me. I bring a pistol run to keep the gun in so I don't have to take the inner bag to the safe area and ususally use the pockets on the inner bag to hold my mags in a mag caddy.

I may be a little different than most others b/c i work at a range, so my range needs are already there.

I used to carry a big bag but found that i had a ton of stuff in there and didn't even remember what i had in it.

now i use a backpack and it is great. i put whatever ammo i am going to use in there when i go to matchs, but other than that it is light and easy to carry. Gun, mags, so tools to replace fiber optic rods and some other little things and that is it.

I found that when i carried a big bag with one shoulder strap that my left arm started to get really tired by the end of the match and started messing with my mental preparation

sorry for the spelling

I'm with G.B. Big bag stays in the truck, my well organized inner bag goes with me. Mags, timer, towel, drink, cell ph. all go in the inner bag, I have a seperate Dillon Precision double sided ammo bag for my ammo. Now all I need is the 4 wheeler.

I depends on the match. In the winter I go to some indoor matches with only 2-3 stages. For those I take a small bag with just the essentials. When it warms up and I go to a larger match then I bring the big bag with the tools, extra parts, back up gun etc...

I carry the same Shooter's Connection bag with my eyes, ears and the basics. I only swap out the gun rug, mag caddy and the ammo. At least that's the plan anyway. BTW, I've been known to show up with a 1911 chambered in 45, mags for my 9mm 1911 and some 40 ammo. :lol:

My range and competition bag for local matches are one and the same; a Dillon range bag with gun, mags, spare parts kit (which has both Limited and Open gun parts), tools, eyes and ears, stapler, tape, bottled water. If I have to fly to a match most of the crap from the range bag gets shoved into a backpack; gun, mags, ammo, eyes and ears, spare parts kit, extra eyes and ears for the wife.

I have a range box (plastic tool box) that I take to the range for practice with my competition range bag.

The box has a stapler, staples, pasters, small targets, extra set of eyes and ears, marker, pen, insect repellent, compact binocular, etc.

My competition bag has just what I would actually need at a match. (usually a spare guns, no parts)

I only shoot pistols so no need to worry about the shotgun and rifle stuff. But I found out that if it would fit in my Competitive Edge bag, I would take it! I started carrying a smaller bag I picked up at the local army-navy store with just the essentials - mags, ammo, mag brush, oil. Everything else is left in the truck.

I just shoot IDPA and IPSC. Most of the ranges I haunt have pretty close in parking, or even roomy enough indoor facilities that the main bag stays in the car or clubhouse and the stage bag from my old SC bag goes around, holding ammo, lunch and drinks. The gun and mags are on my belt. Spare ammo, parts, tools and extra or removed coats and the like are accessible, but aren't lugged around.

At large venues I use an Ultra bag plus the stage bag. Extra ammo and backup gear stay in the rental. Ive thought about a wagon or hand truck, but then I'd just be lugging stuff around that I mostly don't use.

I have a gun room, so I just pack what's needed for each specific trip on what I call my "packing table" where my shooter connection bag always sits. Sometimes I'm just going to blast some claybirds, or maybe it's long range rifle practice, or 3gun match...etc.

I shoot USPSA. My rangebag is a $10 laptop backpack I got at walmart (I actually found the same bag at REI for $70), with a green ammo can wrapped with a paper bag that has handles. I can carry everything I need, including tools and spare parts...plus I thin out stuff I don't need. The best part is, everybody thinks I just came from a study session and picked up some groceries when I'm walking through my parking lot :)

I have dumped all of my "tactical" looking range bags since they seem to draw too much attention.

Edited by feederic