Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sevigny Ace Shooters

I'm hoping they will soon add some of the top women shooters:

I'm not against that, at all, but until some of them make GM and start placing top-10 or so at Nationals/Worlds, I'm not seeing it in a head to head format. R,

Not to sound sexist (hopefully) but that "place at the top in top-level matches" (or words to that effect) is going to be a real sticking point when it comes to adding many - or any - female shooters to the ACES list, at least if you're using overall match/division win results as your criteria instead of Top Lady, because at the moment there's not a woman on Earth can win Overall, or even in the top few dozen, in any top level "action" shooting sport other than Jesse Abbate in Cowboy Action Shooting.

I think this is a cool sote and cant wait for more guys to be added. would be a fun match to watch also.

Maybe we need a site like this for guys who are not aces but look cool trying to shoot like aces..lol.. anyway great idea ill keep following it!

I think the impetus was revenue generation for the top shooters. Bottom Line.

With less than 20,000 members in USPSA and about the same in IDPA it is impossible to have paid professionals in the sport. The prize table is just not sufficient. Everyone has to be sponsored by a major company in order to just survive.

Matches are only going to be profitable if there is corporate and television support.

Look at sporting clays, trap and skeet. Those organizations have ten times the membership and as a result the vendor sponsorship is there to support them.

I wish them well with the endeavor but from an economic standpoint; they have established a monoply but without the ability to set price or create demand. They need corporate sponsorship and better marketing to make this financially viable.

IMO

Not to sound sexist (hopefully) but that "place at the top in top-level matches" (or words to that effect) is going to be a real sticking point when it comes to adding many - or any - female shooters to the ACES list, at least if you're using overall match/division win results as your criteria instead of Top Lady, because at the moment there's not a woman on Earth can win Overall, or even in the top few dozen, in any top level "action" shooting sport other than Jesse Abbate in Cowboy Action Shooting.

There are at least three lady masters that I know of.

It's only a matter of time before women are competing at the top levels of our sport.

I can't wait for the day, personally. There's really no reason women can't become GMs and beat the men. Certainly not every man at the top of our sport is a young, muscular, athletic, etc., man. Some are, for sure.

I suspect that once Sarah Irish is done with college, we're all going to be schooled on women, and their ability.

I bet there's going to be a lot of sore men after getting their @#$ handed to them by a 5'4", 120 lb., twenty-something lady, when that day comes, too.

Edited by Duane Thomas

I was on Sarah's squad in 2009. What a nice person. BUT her Mom and Dad are awesome. What great people.

I know of a young man who is an excellent shooter. Often in the top ten in 3 Gun and a Master Class shooter. I doubt he will make GM. He is a college student in engineering (I believe) and working in an excellent research facility. Unless you are really dedicated to allocating the time, it is very hard to make GM.

There are at least three lady masters that I know of.

It's only a matter of time before women are competing at the top levels of our sport.

That would certainly be nice. But at the moment there are exactly zero female Grand Masters. And "Master" just doesn't cut it when you're going up against high Grand Masters.