Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Championship

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jesse AKA MR T :bow:

I think in movement is one of the places that the Twins chest rig helps. the shells on the vest move with my upper body staying with the gun as I swing left & right. If I happen to start my load with the gun way to the left the shells are just as close to the gun as they are with the gun way right.

the No shoot on the right side, required that we shoot it through that small window so I engaged the two longer shots first swinging into the window/no-shoot shot & the next two close targets, the swing & step around to left side targets helped my momentum down range. One small victory for "old guy" smarts.

I don't like to get closer than 12 yards from a plate to give the pattern a chance to do its work.

so what we are calling the longer shot is the best distance for me to take advantage of my style in speed. I will never be super fast so I learn how to play with the tools I have.

I was not all that fast loading , what I did was have the foot work planed out to take advantage of the movement.

I was real happy with my planed foot work on stage #3 ..BUT.. somehow I managed to do something in my Benelli to make it choke 1/2 way through. And thin my brain cells poured out all over the ground

Edited by AlamoShooter

Here's a video of one of the side matches...the 4x4 cutoff.

Pro team on left, AM team on right. Hint: watch the AM shotgunner.

The team on the left is actually an AM team also.

Sorry...that's what I was told.

Here's a video of one of the side matches...the 4x4 cutoff.

Pro team on left, AM team on right. Hint: watch the AM shotgunner.

Correction, that is the 2 final AM teams. I know because am on the AM team on the left.

After several emails, I realized I had not posted the Pro-Am Pairing Results here:

ProAm_Pairs.pdf

The final points for each randomly selected set of Pro Shooter and AM shooter were added together. Because there were 55 more Pro shooters than AM shooters, not every Pro could be matched with an AM shooter. Sorry about the delay. I am still travelling home.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2011 AR15.com-Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Statistician

Linda could you check my score it shows 331.65, if I am correct (which is always questionable) it should be 427.22.

Thanks for checking and thanks for assiting in putting on one of the most enjoyable matches I have ever shot.

Greg

Yeah, my score is wrong too, not sure it matters at this point though.

I feel retard. But why are we looking at the shotgunner on the right sided team? His ammo belt?

He was the one who put the final round on the post to cut it off. It was just a hint to look for.

it was my first time and i had no clue how to operate the shotgun or rifle, so take it easy on me lmao. commentary is attached to every video. the best part is when i cut my hand open trying to unload the shotgun and had to hand it to the RO to do it for me. :roflol:

Edited by burningsquirrels

After several emails, I realized I had not posted the Pro-Am Pairing Results here:

ProAm_Pairs.pdf

The final points for each randomly selected set of Pro Shooter and AM shooter were added together. Because there were 55 more Pro shooters than AM shooters, not every Pro could be matched with an AM shooter. Sorry about the delay. I am still travelling home.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Great, thanks!

Third place.......good job Tony! :roflol:

ProAm_Pairs.pdf

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Great, thanks!

Third place.......good job Tony! :roflol:

I was originally paired with Matt Burkett but he didn't make it. It would have been fun to see the results. Maybe someone tipped him off he was with me and and he turned and ran. :rolleyes:

Craig

Mark R - glad I got to come over and help out on Stage 6. Started at AM 3 for 1-1/2 squads on Friday then got moved to the JP/MGM Side Match. We didn't run it Sunday so asked Jeff where I could help. Three ROs on a stage always works better, but it's hard finding, and paying for, another 15 people so I understand why Jeff only planned on two.

I was wondering if any of the AMs got the "Things to Bring..." email we sent from Brownells and if it helped any. We all had a great time, Frank and Pete Brownell were really happy with how well the whole thing ran and Pete has already said we're sponsoring it again next year. Larry Weeks

Mark R - glad I got to come over and help out on Stage 6. Started at AM 3 for 1-1/2 squads on Friday then got moved to the JP/MGM Side Match. We didn't run it Sunday so asked Jeff where I could help. Three ROs on a stage always works better, but it's hard finding, and paying for, another 15 people so I understand why Jeff only planned on two.

I was wondering if any of the AMs got the "Things to Bring..." email we sent from Brownells and if it helped any. We all had a great time, Frank and Pete Brownell were really happy with how well the whole thing ran and Pete has already said we're sponsoring it again next year. Larry Weeks

Great meeting you at the match Larry! I apologize if my wife tried to spank you or steal your drink. Thanks to you and Brownells for sponsoring the match.

AM here. I don't remember a 'things to bring' e-mail, but it sounds like a good idea. Even a 'things to leave home list', like stroller carts, and money for beef brisket!! This will leave room for all the cool stuff you go home with.

This match was great. I want to thank all who were involved. From the goodie bag, free food, awesome side matches, free demos, fun challenging stages, great match staff and awesome prize table, this match raises the bar for major matches to come. Thanks to all the sponsors, too.

A big thank you to Cody at the Larue demo for getting me on the 1k plates with the OBR and MY ammo (they had ran out of Federal GM)in 5 rounds. Amazing rifle and spotter! :cheers:

Thanks again,

Hurley

Burning Squirrels- how's the hearing?

Nice shooting for your first time shooting a centerfire rifle. :)

I was the RO running shooters on AM5.

haha, my ears were ringing the rest of the morning :) thanks for being... patient :cheers:

"higher... higher!" didja like the pinky monopod? LOL

one day i'll learn to use it! and maybe sometime after that i can own one :devil:

Gerald is the MAN!!!!!! I've been shooting for 6 or 7 months and he shows up and kicks my BUTT? He's a very good guy and an awesome talent with a gun of any sort in his hands! I can see him hanging with the big boys soon. :cheers:

P.S. i never got my cigars Gerald!!!!

Edited by MBdocholiday

Larry, I should be the one thanking you and the Brownells. Without your help on stage 6, I wouldn't have been able to film the super squad and post the videos here. Your help in getting the rifles safed allowed me to do some filming while score-keeping. Without Brownell's unselfish donations to the match, it wouldn't have been the same. I am honored to have met you and rub knuckles in the dirt. Thanks for the help.

Thanks Frank and Pete Brownell for allow Larry to be there and especially for your support to the shooting sports and the Rockcastle match. You guys Rock!

Burning Squirrels- how's the hearing?

Nice shooting for your first time shooting a centerfire rifle. :)

I was the RO running shooters on AM5.

haha, my ears were ringing the rest of the morning :) thanks for being... patient :cheers:

"higher... higher!" didja like the pinky monopod? LOL

one day i'll learn to use it! and maybe sometime after that i can own one :devil:

Yeah, I thought 'higher, higher!' was the worst words I would hear from Bryan (RO) on stage 5, but then I called for a time check and answered '93'!! And, of course, I still had a rifle in my hands :-(. Second 3gun event for me so I know how you were feeling. Sure is COOL isn't. By the way, Bryan was one of my squad ROs at my first match. It is guys like him that will put a rookie at ease and give you the patience and advice needed to keep wanting to come back for more. Hope to shoot with you soon, Robert

Yeah, I thought 'higher, higher!' was the worst words I would hear from Bryan (RO) on stage 5, but then I called for a time check and answered '93'!! And, of course, I still had a rifle in my hands :-(. Second 3gun event for me so I know how you were feeling. Sure is COOL isn't. By the way, Bryan was one of my squad ROs at my first match. It is guys like him that will put a rookie at ease and give you the patience and advice needed to keep wanting to come back for more. Hope to shoot with you soon, Robert

The ROs at this match were very new-shooter friendly. I'm not a stranger to competition but my first shotgun stage ever was pretty funny. I forgot which button did what and then cut my hand open trying to unload it. He was very patient and helpful. :cheers:

It's ROs like these that attract new shooters to the sport. They deserve all the thanks in the world for what they do.

I am sure, with all of the fun we had, everyone has favorite quotes/stories of the match. I will start the list with a couple of my favorites.

1). While being coached on the Horus reticle by Cody at the LaRue 1000 yd sniper shot, Jin Wong (sporting a Fu Manchu mustache) looks at Cody and says, "It looks like Chinese to me.". Cody was like, Really!?! We all cracked up.

2). At the 4x4 post shoot, the rotation of squads was a little hectic. As a pro team headed to the line, the RO says, "Wait, we are going to shoot some amateurs first.". I said, "I'm outta here!! "

Please add your own.

Robert

@larue bbq trailer

Me: "uhh, i'll have, uh, one sausage wrap, and uh, how much is a chip and soda?"

Larue: "it's all free"

Me: "..."

Me: "how big are the sausage wraps?" NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM! NOM!

(thanks larue)

@Stage 2, first time using a shotgun. as if the beginning of my video clip isn't confidence inspiring enough... quotes at the end of the COF:

RO: "unload and show clear"

Me: <blank stare>

Me: "uh......how?"

RO: "you can just rack it a bunch of times."

i racked it clumsily and caught my hand between the charging handle and frame, and began bleeding profusely from the hand.

Me: "OW... dangit! OK you do it"

RO took the shotty and unloaded it. LOL.

Yeah the Shoot Off was crazy! Lol It was super confusing and hot. I kept looking up and wishing to loss or for cloud cover...please don't tell the other two guys lol But it was fun getting smoked by Benelli though :)