Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Championship

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will the AM prize table walk occur? Trying to decide if we need to stay until Sun., or head out after shooting on Sat.

Schedule on the website showed Am results will be up and prize table stuff to be done saturday night.

I've seen prizes distributed in every possible way in the last 25 years and have determined there is no one right way, I've seen some I liked some I didn't and I've been at every level of the food chain in those years. All I can say is I will do the best I can, I will be looking at numbers in divisions, $ in entry and having to make some hard choices because it is not as easy to split prizes as it is dollars, but I will do my best to make it as equitable as possible with all factors involved.

I am actually planning on splitting what we have to date between the Pro and AM divisions this starting this weekend as I know how much time it takes to do this task well, it can be done faster right before the awards but that doesn't give it justice

I understand all concerns, you will also be able to see the table before awards start too to appreciate all the sponsors gave and all the work Joe, N & N, and all involved did in getting this together

Thanks for coming already

jeff

No worries Jeff... I got a bottle of 18-year old salve for your troubled conscious :devil: , see you in a few. :cheers:

DanO

A couple of scoring questions:

1. I see it has changed from Straight time plus to a system where each stage is worth 100 points (fastest time) Why the change? Seems like this would be more work for the same outcome? I'm new to the 100 point system, just trying to understand.

2. For paper targets:

If you shoot at a target and have all misses, then it is a 20 second penalty? 10 seconds FTN and 5 seconds for each miss? Assuming 2 shots required?

If you don’t shoot at a target it is a 15 second penalty? 10 seconds for not making the hits and 5 seconds for TNE? Assuming 2 shot required?

Confused.

David E.

Did this get answered?

Looking forward to shooting with everyone and having some fun.

For AM, does random mean the names are drawn and applied to the table randomly, or do you go to the table and choose when your name is drawn randomly?

Edited by Zukeep

Benelli2, web-site states COLD RANGE. Map show sight-in range. Please advise.

All of the ranges are cold, i.e., there will be no loaded weapons except under the supervision of a range officer.

That should apply to the sight-in range too.

Benelli2, web-site states COLD RANGE. Map show sight-in range. Please advise.

All of the ranges are cold, i.e., there will be no loaded weapons except under the supervision of a range officer.

That should apply to the sight-in range too.

So, bottom line is we will a chance for final sight-in at match??

Zukeep, just a word of advise- if you show up w/ the intentions of using the zero range for "final sight in" I'm afraid your problems have started before you leave the house.

Use the sight-in range to VERIFY ZERO, but not to establish or tweak a zero. (If you're coming from a considerably higher elevation to KY, this obviously doesn't apply.) FYI, we're about 800' ASL, give or take a hundred for the hills.

:cheers: