Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Clubs that post results quickly

leam

Way to go Tallahassee Practical Shooters (FL28)! I'm not sure when the results were posted but I shot yesterday and got to see them this morning before church. That really makes me feel like they're serious about taking care of the competitors.

Thumbs up Bill Wills and Dave Mueller!

We try score our IDPA club matches as they are happening. If you want to wait around for 15 minutes and eat a hotdog after the match, you will probably know how bad you kicked your buddy's ass...or how bad he kicked yours. :rolleyes: The shooters really seem to like the 15 minute turnaround. We try to have the scores posted that evening if we can.

It really chaps my ass when I have to wait a week to see results. :angry:

Yeah, IDPA has that over USPSA. Waiting more that an hour even at a major IDPA match is odd. However, for USPSA it's not unusual to wait half a week for results. Less than 24 hours to published is impressive!

Much as some don't like Palm scoring, the local clubs that use it around here have the scores out the same afternoon. Lots of times before we get home. It can be a pain in the butt on the front end, but it does help the scorekeepers do their job.

The best USPSA club I've found is Sir Walter Gun Club. They have results and an awards just about an hour after the last shot. Monthly.

We (Fredericksburg Practical Shooters) have scores posted by about 7pm same day and its all due to the efforts of the Deegans! Gotta love the folks that kill themselves to make it happen.

I do scores for 2 or 3 clubs in my local area, and always strive to have scores done by about 8pm the same day. I do it not just because people appreciate it, but I consider it part of the job/match. To me, the match is not done until the scores are posted. :)

I do scores for 2 or 3 clubs in my local area, and always strive to have scores done by about 8pm the same day. I do it not just because people appreciate it, but I consider it part of the job/match. To me, the match is not done until the scores are posted. :)

Before palms/computers it would sometimes take weeks... I used to score with a hand held calculator, then mail the results with our monthly newsletter. We don't get a newsletter any more, but all the Eastern Colorado clubs have the results out by day's end. It's much appreciated.

I usually shoot the first 3 stages, go first on stage 4, then start entering scores. When my squad goes to stage 5 I go back down and shoot first there and usually get the results done about 10 or 15 minutes after the last shot. Since everyone else is tearing down the stages it usually works out that I am done about the time they are. I usually get them posted to our local website that evening, though I have done it via phone/modem while at the range.

At our two clubs, Rio Grande Practical Shooting Club, and Caja Del Rio Gun Club, we have to WAIT to post scores until everything is put away. If we post before then, folks don't help putting stuff away.

So, bottom line is we have scores done moments after last shot fired. The High Desert Classic (175) shooters, is much the same.

Yes, we use Palm scoring. That's what makes the match work.