Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

US Air Force retirement

shooter_rob

After over 22.5 years of service, I have officially put in my retirement papers! God has blessed me with a great military career, and now he has blessed me with a job I can't pass up. If all goes as planned, my last day on active duty will be 19 Nov and be officially retired on 1 Mar 2011. My new job will be challenging, but so was learning to be an Airman over 22.5 years ago! I can only hope that my new career will be as personally rewarding as my service to my country has been. On my retirement date I will have served 22 years and 9 months on active duty and It has been my pleasure serving my country.

In addition to my official duty, I have also been blessed by being part of the United States Air Force Action Shooting team for the past 10 years. This has allowed me to meet and shoot with some of the best people in the world! Thank you Maj. Dennis, Lt. Col Sherman and all my team mates for all your support and mentorship.

I will dearly miss putting my uniform on every day, but it is time to hand the reigns down to the next generation of brave men and women to carry on the fight. May God bless and protect them all as he has done me.

Rob,

First I want to thank you for your service to our Nation.

I know firsthand the conflict that you feel. Leaving a organization that has been a major part of your adult life. I felt and still feel the same thing after 34.8 years of wearing a badge. Fortunate that I can stay active reserves and continue being a part of what I did all those years. Sorry that there is not a method of that for you. I'm glad for you that you have found a new job to go to prior to leaving the USAF. I looked and could not find a job prior to leaving my paying job. So it is done for free and some occasional pay.

Your retirement was well earned, and overdue and the USAF's loss.

Enjoy!

pvh

Edited by pvhendrix

CONGRATS :cheers: I can certainly relate. I will retire from my police department on Jan. 6, 2001 after 36 years. It is the only thing I have ever done. I hope you will find much happeniness and fullfillment in your new career. Thanks so much for all you have done for this country.

Congratulations, Rob for your service. I'm afraid I got out before you started but I do remembering ROing Lt Col Sherman at a Nationals when he was a Captain shooting a Beretta. I hope you can enjoy your new career because the retirement check hardly pays for bullets.