Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Tactical Shotgun Championship Match

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home to Washington. This was a really fun match. Everyone was extremely nice and the whole event was very enjoyable. Great prize table, great people, great weather. Thanks to all the sponsors, ROs and staff. The Del-Tone/Luth gun range is always a plesant place to shoot a match and I look forward to going back next year.

Doug

This was a great match. Congratulations to the winners. The unique and interesting stages really made this match a fun challenge. I was thankful to be able to be squadded with my son Tyler, James, Duke, and Doug. Some of the best shooters I have ever seen.

The following are just a few of the unique sportsmanship situations that took place during the match. It never ceases to amaze me how unique 3-gun shooters are. The best of the best in my opinion.

James Cassanova went out of his way to offer me words of advice during the stages even though he knew my scores were close to his, so he was basically encouraging me to beat him with his help.

On the final stage Tyler was offered a reshoot because of a target malfunction, but Tyler declined even though it would have offered him a better chance to win the match. He said the broken target didn't have any affect on his shooting and it would have been wrong to do anything other than what he did. I think as a parent I was more proud of this than being able to place right behind him in the stadings.

Two local shooters were awarded MGM Pepper Poppers off of the prize table, which they quickly donated to the "Minnesota 3-gun Group" to assist in the growth of the 3-gun shooting sport in the state of Minnesota.

Tim Ubl was high in the standings of the Tactical Division and when it was his turn to pick a prize, he said he would hold off until all of the other shooters had taken a prize.

And finally, a big thanks to all of the sponsors that stocked the prize table to overflowing.

Now to go out and practice that Charcoal Briquette stage. :cheers:

Just got home to Washington. This was a really fun match. Everyone was extremely nice and the whole event was very enjoyable. Great prize table, great people, great weather. Thanks to all the sponsors, ROs and staff. The Del-Tone/Luth gun range is always a plesant place to shoot a match and I look forward to going back next year.

Doug

Doug left out that he smoked the charcoal stage with 22 pieces shot in 40 seconds. Very impressive.

Jay

On the final stage Tyler was offered a reshoot because of a target malfunction, but Tyler declined even though it would have offered him a better chance to win the match. He said the broken target didn't have any affect on his shooting and it would have been wrong to do anything other than what he did. I think as a parent I was more proud of this than being able to place right behind him in the stadings.

And finally, a big thanks to all of the sponsors that stocked the prize table to overflowing.

Tyler's sportsmanship in this situation did not go un-noticed. He represented the Army, himself, and his family very well.

Jay

Yeah Tyler is and always has been a great guy. I can't call him a close friend...(I have teased him way too much), but I can say I am proud to know him, and Brian should be darn proud as well! KurtM

The following are just a few of the unique sportsmanship situations that took place during the match. It never ceases to amaze me how unique 3-gun shooters are. The best of the best in my opinion.

James Cassanova went out of his way to offer me words of advice during the stages even though he knew my scores were close to his, so he was basically encouraging me to beat him with his help.

This is one of the things I like most about our sport. Show me another sport where this goes on. It didnt need to be said that Tyler is definitely a class act!!!

Awesome video, Jansen. Two questions- what song is that??? I know the tune, but can't put a name to it.

Where do I get one of the "Major League 3 Gun" shirts???? I must have one! Even if I have to steal it from Jomar while he's taking a nap at Ozark. :cheers:

Awesome video, Jansen. Two questions- what song is that??? I know the tune, but can't put a name to it.

Where do I get one of the "Major League 3 Gun" shirts???? I must have one! Even if I have to steal it from Jomar while he's taking a nap at Ozark. :cheers:

It sounds like the music to a song called "No Handlebars" by the Flobots. By the way, Nice Shooting!

Those were the match shirts for CMMG Midwest 3 gun.

I'll bring it down to Ozark with me just to tease you, or perhaps distact you enough so I can try to beat you.

Those were the match shirts for CMMG Midwest 3 gun.

Those things are valuable! I just sold mine for $360. It did come with a free CMMG .22LR upper though.

Here is my match video finally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJUxKcXrm1s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

If you really want one, you might try calling "Black Rifle" in Columbia, MO. They may have some or know how to get one. They are connected with CMMG.