Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Tactical Shotgun Championship Match

2011 Tactical Shotgun Championships

August 19 & 20 (21st??)

Del/Tone Luth Range

St. Cloud, MN.

10 to 12 stages Minimum

More information to follow but you can figure that we'll have atleast the 3 basic Divisions Open, Limited and Pump. Not sure how we'll be handling the Box Fed shotty's. Lots of bird shot, some buck and some slugs. We'll most likely have a shoot house, some jungle runs, some flyin birds, speed shoots, and more......basically fun for everyone.

Time Plus scoring method....possibly weighted.

I can say that the COF's will be 'Deceivingly easy'....(insert evil laugh).

Have'nt set an entry fee yet......heck we just confirmed the dates an hour ago!! Trust me on this...there will be LOTS of rounds to be shot, so you'll get your money's worth.

Now the fun begins!!

Tim

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill,

I do not know what DPMS is doing about the Tri-Gun Challenge for 2011....this thread is about the 2011 Tactical Shotgun Championship :roflol:

However, I do think that they are talking about it and hopefully, something will be annouced soon.

Tim

Edited by TRUBL

• 3 weeks later...

Do you guys plan to run it IPSC style liek High Plains does? Just curious as to the scoring on the buck and slugs is all.

But please, no "limited-10" open. :lol:

I may be wrong here but IPSC has different rules than USPSA. I know that in limited you can load more than 9 after the beep. I think open is really open as well which is why the saigas and molwhatevers do so well in Europe.

Jesse you need to worry about showing up on time to shoot with your squad, more than scoring!!!!! :roflol:

trapr

Some of us need more beauty sleep than others. ;)

I was actually more concerned if there will be more of those pesky A3 & A4 IPSC targets for the slugs and buckshot. Those little guys gave me the redass something fierce at the PanAm. :( If we are shooting more of those in August in MN I am going to start shooting 10-20 a week now to be ready.

I would like to see a B3 target just once or a bunch. That thing is bigger than Erik Lund.

Edited by jtischauser

• 5 weeks later...

We will have apps out right after the 1st of the Year.

We're presently working on getting a website up, sponsors, stages. Speaking of stages.....This ain't gonna be an 8 stage match, think 10 or 12!! And we'll be challenging ALL your shotgun skills.....loading, shooting, running, etc.......and you might want to see how fast you can pull a backwards shell outa your shotgun under the buzzer. I'm not saying I would do something like that, but it's a heck of a nice thing to know how to do. Yeah, I know, there's a name for people like me, heck, knowing this....they may not let me design any stages!!

You musta watched me shoot stage 8 at Ft Benning, I know exactly how long that takes, about 1 place in the overall match

jc

Now, if you had Mr. Weakhand show you how to clear it.....you wouldn't have lost that much time :)

There are somethings that we already know.....

Scoring will be Time+

Figure on IMGA type rules, rather than USPSA/IPSC rules.

That means....anything goes for open

Figure on 9 rounds max in the gun to start for tac and pump.

Box fed will be in Open for sure.....what we are not sure on is anything else for the box fed guns.

For sure we will have tactical, open and pump

Birdshot and slugs for sure.....not sure on buck shot yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any body seen an application? I need to get into this because I already have my airline tickets. This was the last weekend that my tickets from the 2010 DPMS match (that was canceled) could still be used.

Doug

• 3 months later...