Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Nov BOD Meeting

Charles Bond

I do load up my Production gun Beretta 92FS and shoot Limited minor. The Beretta 96 in .40 cal is what I started with in production. It will only hold 15 maybe 16 rounds of .40 max .

If you've got a .40 cal or .45 cal pistola that you want to shoot at major power factor that has a capacity around 15ish that you think would make you UNcompetitive against the 2011's in Limited, then my suggestion is to shoot Limited 10.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. Even though I am glad I live in a free state , limitting Production to 10 rounds allows for a level playing field even for those poor saps that are stuck in places like CA.

For all practical puposes this argument's bogus too. Regardless of the law people still shoot Open in CA with full mags. Besides the tail shouldn't really be wagging the dog with regards to gun laws and shooting sports.

Don't we have a thread or three to discuss the "sight picture" variations. (In other words...please don't clog this thread up with that debate...it deserves it's own thread)

Replace "sight picture" with " production mag capacity."

See here for the last time we had this argument.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=92608&st=0&p=1061909&hl=production&fromsearch=1entry1061909

* EZWinScore should be modified to include some type of import function to more easily facilitate collection registrations online or through other systems. I am busy working around this missing feature right now but I would happily discard my work in favor of something official.

Yes this needs to be done... As a recent MD of A5 this would have been incredibly helpful. I'd have likes to tie it to the online registration, so we didn't have to enter all that crap manually. It would have saved us a tremendous amount of time.

JT

Edited by JThompson

In my opinion, when the contract is negotiated the dates should be set. Even taking in account the world shoot years where you could have tentative dates

Agreed, a range would have to agree to an array of dates beforehand to be considered.

JT

* EZWinScore should be modified to include some type of import function to more easily facilitate collection registrations online or through other systems. I am busy working around this missing feature right now but I would happily discard my work in favor of something official.

Yes this needs to be done... As a recent MD of A5 this would have been incredible helpful. I'd have likes to tie it to the online registration, so we didn't have to enter all that crap manually. It would have saved us a tremendous amount of time.

JT

I'd like to be able to import and merge the masternames.db from another system without overwriting what I already have.

Yes this needs to be done... As a recent MD of A5 this would have been incredible helpful. I'd have likes to tie it to the online registration, so we didn't have to enter all that crap manually. It would have saved us a tremendous amount of time.

JT

I'd like to be able to import and merge the masternames.db from another system without overwriting what I already have.

Yes, that would be great as well... I had to overwrite one with another because the one had more than the other, but this knocked out a bunch of local shooters and I had to go back an add all those in again. Merge would be well received...

JT

Edited by JThompson

I'm not sure if this is for the BOD, or just needs to be discussed with Rob and his group, but when Linda and Troy both say on-line squadding doesn't work for them, we need to look at making some changes. It's very convenient for the shooters. Certainly there's a way to make it work for the stats people also.

* It would be helpful if the rules more clearly addressed whether props are soft or hard cover by default (i.e. when not specified in the WSB).

I always thought that point was clearly addressed:

9.1.6 Unless specifically described as “soft cover” (see Rule 4.1.4.2) in the written stage briefing, all props, walls, barriers, vision screens and other obstacles are deemed to be impenetrable “hard cover”

D'oh, somehow missed that, thanks. Seems like it should be under Course Construction rather than Scoring, but the layout of the rulebook has never made sense to me...

Eliminate the expense of mailing membership cards everytime someone's classification changes.

Yes.

Actually, this is something I've never been able to figure out. I mean, I like proof I'm a member, but all one has to do is type it into a website. Mid-teens in major matches shot this far and I've never been asked once to see it - Even when I had a screwed up classification - it was already handled. So I say +1 to this. Print them from a PDF on a website if we want them.

has the BOD ever consider buying a range?

The problem with that is that the Nationals would be in the same location year after year. It would be convenient (in a travel sense) for some people and not for others. If it moves around, then more people are given an opportunity to go.

The problem with that is that the Nationals would be in the same location year after year. It would be convenient (in a travel sense) for some people and not for others. If it moves around, then more people are given an opportunity to go.

When was the last time the Nationals was convenient to someone on the east coast?

1999 or 2000? East Huntington PA if memory serves was the last time it was on the East coast. I like to think Vegas is convenient to everyone though. It's more of a drive from the East but there are normally flights in from just about everywhere that are on the cheaper end of the scale. The last flights I took to the East Coast turned out pretty darn expensive. DC and Atlanta seem to be right about $600.00 from here. (Although I can fly to Orlando on that same flight with a layover in ATL and it only costs $250.00) There is no location for a Nationals that will make everyone happy. When it was held in Tulsa, which is about as much in the middle as you can make it there were complaints. When it was held in PASA for years (which is a lot closer to the East than the West) there were complaints. We're not going to make everyone happy. The advantage to holding it in Vegas is the matches are sold out well in advance which allows for a lot easier planning. The range crew in Vegas is getting a lot better at holding Nationals, and the props there are getting great. Ask anyone that was there last year and this year which event seemed more "Nationals" like.

When was the last time the Nationals was convenient to someone on the east coast?

Oops, almost for got, 3 weeks ago, a couple hundred (or less) miles from you. The IPSC Nationals were just held in SC. Doesn't get a lot more convenient than that.

I hear all these suggestions of what we should change and update, some I would like to see change. Are any of our suggestions going to be talked about or are we just talking amongst ourselves. Is there a more formal way to send in our suggestions for debate. Or maybe we ought to have a section for rule changes that we can discuss before the BOD sets the agenda, so that our suggestions can be part of the agenda. Instead of after the fact. Also the BOD agenda is just a vague outline, we ought to have the specifics. I am sure all of this is on the uspsa site, but I don't want to spend an hour looking for it like I did to find out my classification, with the new website, by the way the new website looks great!

1999 or 2000? East Huntington PA if memory serves was the last time it was on the East coast. I like to think Vegas is convenient to everyone though. It's more of a drive from the East but there are normally flights in from just about everywhere that are on the cheaper end of the scale. The last flights I took to the East Coast turned out pretty darn expensive. DC and Atlanta seem to be right about $600.00 from here. (Although I can fly to Orlando on that same flight with a layover in ATL and it only costs $250.00) There is no location for a Nationals that will make everyone happy. When it was held in Tulsa, which is about as much in the middle as you can make it there were complaints. When it was held in PASA for years (which is a lot closer to the East than the West) there were complaints. We're not going to make everyone happy. The advantage to holding it in Vegas is the matches are sold out well in advance which allows for a lot easier planning. The range crew in Vegas is getting a lot better at holding Nationals, and the props there are getting great. Ask anyone that was there last year and this year which event seemed more "Nationals" like.

I don't disagree with you. I guess the point I was making is that I don't have a problem with USPSA having a "home" range. I don't see a big advantage to moving it around every few years.

I don't disagree with you. I guess the point I was making is that I don't have a problem with USPSA having a "home" range. I don't see a big advantage to moving it around every few years.

yeah take some of thats presidents salary and buy a piece of cheap land with no housing around and build a nice facility that can be used for years to come. I would reccomend something centralized in the united states.

I'd like to see a definitive statement come out of the meeting regarding distribution of the new rulebook. Will a printed copy be sent to every member? And if not, how each member of the BoD votes on the matter.

+1 on this in a huge way.

Q: You know what you call a production gun loaded with more than 10 rounds?

A: A limited gun

Depends on when you do it. More than ten rounds before the match starts, I would go Limited, do it after the match starts and you go right to Open. :devil:

Joe W.